the Ferret
Road warrior
:rofl: love it!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Love that tail bag.GaryMNM_imp said:I think I got this one...
Otherwise, I have been meaning to get back up north to check out the Chama Choo Choo, (not to be confused with that of the Chattanooga fame) aka The Rio Grande/Cumbres & Toltec Train. Maybe I can catch that sometime this month. It does make for quite a sight while touring Colorado's Scenic CO-17 with the smoke stack puffing smoke coming through the mountain pass especially when the leaves are turning.
But, in the meantime...
Wait, you forgot: creative, witty and imaginative... :dodgy:c-breezy_imp said:Nice one Gary, very resourceful!![]()
![]()
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, you forgot: creative, witty and imaginative... :dodgy:GaryMNM_imp said:Wait, you forgot: creative, witty and imaginative... :dodgy:c-breezy_imp said:Nice one Gary, very resourceful!![]()
![]()
![]()
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Now, for no other reason than reference purposes and to share the previously mentioned perspective, here's a sample of the Cumbres Toltec in it's natural habitat. Quite a sight to witness and highly recommended.
Great Steve Goodman tune Ferret. Another one of those artists taken from us way too soon. That tune always made me feel like I was all-aboard.The ferret_imp said:wooo wooooo chugga chugga chugga chugga
Riding on the City of New Orleans
Illinois Central, Monday morning rail
15 cars and 15 restless riders
3 conductors, 25 sacks of mail
All along the southbound odyssey, the train pulls out of Kankakee
And rolls along past houses farms and fields
Passing trains that have no name, and freight yards full of old black men
And the graveyards of the rusted automobiles
Good morning America, how are you
Said don't you know me, I'm your native son
I'm the train they call the City of New Orleans
I'll be gone 500 miles when the day is done

So... a couple of comments that may further derail this thread (see what I did there?).. Steve Goodman was from Chicago, my home town. He also wrote and recorded "A Dying Cubs Fan's Last Request" and "Go Cubs Go", the latter of which is sung by the fans at the end of each Cubs home victory (so, frequently as of late). Jimmy Buffet performed at Wrigley Field shortly after Hurricane Katrina and song "City of New Orleans" from the right field bleachers, just him, a guitar and a spotlight with scenes of pre-Katrina New Orleans rolling on the video screen. I welled up a bit because I may have been intoxicated and because I used to sing "City of New Orleans" to my daughter at bed time when she was little. She is now attending Tulane School of Law in New Orleans. I don't think her choice of law schools was impacted by my lullabies, however.The ferret_imp said:wooo wooooo chugga chugga chugga chugga
Riding on the City of New Orleans
Illinois Central, Monday morning rail
15 cars and 15 restless riders
3 conductors, 25 sacks of mail
All along the southbound odyssey, the train pulls out of Kankakee
And rolls along past houses farms and fields
Passing trains that have no name, and freight yards full of old black men
And the graveyards of the rusted automobiles
Good morning America, how are you
Said don't you know me, I'm your native son
I'm the train they call the City of New Orleans
I'll be gone 500 miles when the day is done
Is there a train in this picture? Worried about my vision, is all.parm_94_imp said:Labour Day ride to Mt. Baker Washington
![]()
Then you know how important they are!parm_94_imp said:Thanks guys. It was super hot at the top, totally unexpected. I have RLETs on my old Hondas!
