CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know, if this picture will fit the theme, but I shot it today and to me the sculpture has something of a statue in a modern artway. Its called ' Harbour (Hafen) 77' and is a Swedish present for 10 years of Stenaline ferry travels between Kiel and Göteborg.
So yo can imagine a captain is on board an then it may fit.



Wisedrum
 
Thread starter
Wisedrum, I actually meant "sculpture" when I said "statue", so yes, yours counts in my book. Great pictures, folks. Some warm weather in the midwest should get more riders on the road this weekend and that should mean more photo opportunities.
 
I was riding and don't even know what roads I was on. Just going and turning and got re-routed because of emergency equipment operation at one intersection, and then this yard of sculptures was there. Had to turn around and stop for the picture.
184f9951b769273037e97ce2acd28f43.png

This was up north of where I live, now that I know it's there, I'll try to find it again sometime. Great day for riding except for pretty good wind blowing.
 
From yesterday's ride, A bison standing watch in front of Hendricks County government building. When I saw it, thought I was back in Colorado at C.U. in Boulder, but no, he's in Danville with a flag on his rump celebrating Indiana 200 years statehood.
d4d40620912955d14e40917a2d0e4f58.png
 
Nice shot, Vic. I thought for a minute you'd got it on the bike.
 
I sent a lot of time yesterday hunting for a statue or a sculpture with surprisingly little luck. Eventually though ...

The first, in Texas Queensland, is a bit indistinct as it's about next door to the police station and I wasn't about to risk getting booked just for you guys. The sculpture is called The Spirit of Texas and, if you peer hard enough, you can see it, rusty and brown above my bag.



The second is outside a house at Koreelah, in New South Wales.

 
Old farm equipment?

J/k cool find Cormanus
 
Tom looks good for his age. I like the reverse pic, close to the statue with bike in background.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
Lots of great shots. I hope everyone doesn't use up all their statues before the second challenge. But I don't see any posted so far that would apply to what I have in mind.
\'64_imp" pid="220981" dateline="1485318660 said:
Thomas Jefferson, writing the Declaration of Independence, located in Palm Beach Gardens, FL. The artist is George Lundeen from Lundeen Sculpture


Bike is on his shoulder whispering in his ear, "Let that go for a while and let's ride!"

That is exactly what I thought when I saw the picture on the computer!:D
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top