CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

emptysea

Road warrior
Thread starter
The Challenge: A user (the first one will be yours truly) will pick a location, landmark, geographical feature, etc. to serve as the backdrop for your photo. Users will then post photos meeting the requirement in this thread for our ogling pleasure. The first user to submit a qualifying photo chooses the backdrop for the following month's challenge.

The goal: To encourage users to get out and ride and to document those rides with photos and, most of all, to have a little fun with the whole process.

The Rules:
1. The CB1100 must be the featured bike in the photo. Caption the photo with the date and the location.
2. Feel free to alter your photo to make it look better, but don't cut and paste into another photo just to qualify.
3. The photos should be new photos, not something you had on file and especially not something you posted elsewhere in this forum.
4. You may post multiple qualifying pictures in a month, but the background has to be different (ex. you can post two pictures of your bike in front of a train station, but they have to show two different stations)
5. Not really a rule, but don't stop trying to get a picture for a particular month just because someone beat you to the first post for that month. We want to see lots of pictures.
6. The same user cannot pick the photo subject on consecutive months. If the first photo comes from the same user that posted the first photo in the prior month, the second user posting a photo will get to pick the next background subject.

Truly, 6 rules are probably 5 too many. Just go with the spirit of this challenge and get out and ride your motorcycle!
January Challenge (from EmptySea):

Let's see your CB1100 in front of a statue. Ready? Go!
 
All righty, I'll play.
Rode out in the rain (and 45 degrees) for this collection of statues. There are three bronze gods chained to a wall in an out of the way office park in Falls Church, VA. I don't know why they are there or who they belong to. They are very intricately detailed and about 10 feet tall. You can't see them from the road and I had to ride up several sidewalks to get the shot. But that's just how much I care about sharing with you guys :-)


Bonus shot. This little guy is right there, too.
[url=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/inhousebob/media/IMG_1065_zpseri5aucy.jpg.html]
 
Those of us under a blanket of snow can't participate, but I'm sure many will still enjoy the contest vicariously.
 
Good work, Bob.

And a good challenge MTC.
 
I did some Googling. It turns out that the building houses an auction firm... objects de art. But the big statues are not for sale.
 
Thread starter
Rocky_imp said:
Those of us under a blanket of snow can't participate, but I'm sure many will still enjoy the contest vicariously.
I thought about holding off on setting this thread up until North American spring, but I figured that are a few folks in Australia and one in Ohio who will participate when the rest of us are snuggling by the fire (not with each other...to be clear).
 
So I have a question. Is this going to be about CB and statues only or is the challenge going to change and if so is the guy who post the picture makes the next challenge?

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
JD....sorry that I didn't explain it very well in the opening post. We all should all post CB/Statue pictures for the remainder of January. On or about 2/1, InhouseBob will post his challenge and the first to post a picture with the new background subject will get to make the March challenge, and so on.

Ideally, the 'winner' of the month will not post his challenge until the beginning of the next month. Also ideally, folks will continue to try to meet the challenge each month, even if someone posted first.
 
The donkey is supposed to represent the average tourist in DC... FBI hat, shorts, tacky Hawaiian shirt, sneakers, video camera around the neck, and of course the fanny pack. Pretty accurate, actually. Seems appropriate as the city fills up for the inauguration.
I have the next challenge worked out. Can hardly wait for February.
 
Thread starter
Only 10 days left in the month. Who's going to post up another picture with a statue? My guess is that The Ferret will be next, but Cormanus seems to have some enthusiasm for this thread, too, so which hemisphere is next to represent?
 
It's a great idea for a thread. Well done Bob. Pose the conundrum for February and then see what you can find in Australia in March to make a killing in April. Oh, how your colleagues will may you.

We're not so big on statues in Australia, but you can be sure I'm on the hunt. We are keen on "big things" so I'll also be looking for one of those trying to pass it off as a statue.
 
Inhouse Bob_imp said:
All righty, I'll play.
Rode out in the rain (and 45 degrees) for this collection of statues. There are three bronze gods chained to a wall in an out of the way office park in Falls Church, VA. I don't know why they are there or who they belong to. They are very intricately detailed and about 10 feet tall. You can't see them from the road and I had to ride up several sidewalks to get the shot. But that's just how much I care about sharing with you guys :-)


Bonus shot. This little guy is right there, too.
[url=http://s1331.photobucket.com/user/inhousebob/media/IMG_1065_zpseri5aucy.jpg.html]
Nice pictures Inhouse Bob! :biker:
 
Cormanus_imp said:
It's a great idea for a thread. Well done Bob. Pose the conundrum for February and then see what you can find in Australia in March to make a killing in April. Oh, how your colleagues will may you.

We're not so big on statues in Australia, but you can be sure I'm on the hunt. We are keen on "big things" so I'll also be looking for one of those trying to pass it off as a statue.
Hadn't thought about playing in Australia. That'll add a whole other dimension to the ride. It just gets better and better!:banana::banana:
 
The statues I know of around here are in protected "town greens" for pedestrians only. This won't be trivial. lol.
 
curlyjoe_imp said:
The statues I know of around here are in protected "town greens" for pedestrians only. This won't be trivial. lol.
A guy's gotta make a stand and live dangerously when the cause is just.
 
Thread starter
Just act like you belong, curlyjoe.

Oh...and are there no statues in southern Ohio, Mickey?? C'mon man!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top