CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
peterbaron_imp said:
^^+1^^
Tev, how many kms on your EX?
I had to look, 19,972km.
Nachodaddy_imp said:
Beautiful scenery, beautiful bike. Thank you, Tev.
And a good ride to refresh the coolant.
Ha ha yes indeed :D :thumbsup:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Very nice, Tev. My attempts to get out to someplace I like have been thwarted so far this month either by rain or work. Hopefully I can sneak out later this week.
It is tough to get a window here too. I'll take the GS out in the filthest of weather but am much more sympathetic to the chrome on the CB this time of year. :)
 
Sunny day today made it a good day to get out and get some pics of things I love around here

We are blessed with lots of fun roads to ride. This is one .... lots of curves, very little traffic

157b185940ba2b19ce9b0dd2cf80d517.jpg


Every Thursday in warmer weather, my brother, friend Jimmy and I ride somewhere to lunch. Sometimes it's here at the Chilo Dairy Bar aka The Pink Pig on St Rt 52 aka The Ohio River Scenic Byway, where they smoke their own meat for great BBQ sandwiches.... regardless of whether we eat here or somewhere else, we always seem to manage to hit the Pink Pig afterwards, for a soft serve ice cream cone of chocolate shake or malt on our way home

bafc5a58b2ab913ce20014b596887aa6.jpg
 
Must be very little traffic if you can stop and take a picture in the middle of the lane!
:)
 
Gone in 60_imp said:
Must be very little traffic if you can stop and take a picture in the middle of the lane!
:)
heck some days I'll do a 40 mile loop and never see another vehicle
 
The ferret_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Must be very little traffic if you can stop and take a picture in the middle of the lane!
:)
heck some days I'll do a 40 mile loop and never see another vehicle
heck some days I'll do a 40 mile loop and never see another vehicle
That would be sweet.


Right Gone?
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Gone in 60_imp said:
Must be very little traffic if you can stop and take a picture in the middle of the lane!
:)
heck some days I'll do a 40 mile loop and never see another vehicle
heck some days I'll do a 40 mile loop and never see another vehicle
That would be sweet.


Right Gone?
Well... yeah.


GoldOxide_imp said:
Rural Ohio vs. Los Angeles proper.

Yeah, time to get a center lane photo in L.A.

It could end up being precious.
That's funny... Our local mountains are beautiful right now, with snow down to the horizon. But, the only really clear view of them is from the freeway, and as much as I'd like to stop and take a picture...

My fear is that the rains will trigger a "Super Bloom", where the local inland hills are covered in orange flowers. It's like a carpet, and last time it happened, single-brain-celled drivers did stop in the right lanes of the freeway to get out and take pictures.

Aw man, just realized that I should have taken a picture of my bike at Cars and Coffee on Sunday morning. I love car shows, that would have been the perfect photo for the challenge. I think I was too flabergasted by the compliment from the guy on the Panigale to take my phone out.

My real happy place is the museum. Nothing is more rewarding than sharing cars and motorcycles with people who appreciate them. But, I've done my shifts for the month already, and have made that long commute on the Bonneville lately. I recently ordered a new chain and sprockets for it, and am squeezing my last dime out of the originals before I toss them.

I'm taking Friday off, maybe I can do some "happy place riding" before I ship out to our first event of the year this weekend.
 
Finally got a day to myself to spend riding to some of the places I enjoy. So I put in my earbuds, got some Jamiroquai going (because this is THE only urban riding music) and headed out.

I like to ride out to the L.A. Harbor area. There’s always lots to see with ships being loaded and going in and out of the harbor, and plenty of history too. I spent my childhood in this area, so I guess it means something to me.



Above the harbor in San Pedro is Angels Gate Park. This is the site of the Korean Friendship Bell, and overlooks the ocean around the mouth of the harbor. It’s probably one of the closest spots to view Catalina Island very clearly. Unfortunately it was overcast on the cost today, so no panoramic views but you can see Catalina’s outline. I grab a sandwich from a shop nearby, sit on the bluff in the park and watch the world go by.



From the park, I head just a bit up the coast to Palos Verdes and over the hill on a twisty road with a few scenic turnouts where you get some great views when it’s not cloudy. When I was a kid, my folks bought a dry cleaning shop near here that catered to the very rich people in this neighborhood.

Heading downtown, I like to explore new things, and one of the most exciting things going on is the Space Shuttle Endeavor, which has recently been placed vertically in launch position with rocket boosters and external fuel tank and is having a new museum built around it. Mrs. G and I watched the Endeavor roll through the city to the science museum when it first arrived, and we watched the big orange fuel tank roll through as well a few years ago, so this is very cool, and I had to check on the progress.


Then, rode to the Bike Shed, my favorite place to go to after a day working at the museum to chat with other riders, look at custom bikes on display like this radically modified Enfield Hunter, grab a coffee or lunch, and check out overpriced tshirts and other merchandise.


Finally, coming back to my neighborhood, I stopped at my all time favorite new taco place for lunch. Can’t really see the sign, but it’s the place behind that dark Subaru.
Now I need to walk off a very fattening burrito.
 
Thanks! Took a ten mile hike after that burrito to finish the day.

Something very interesting that I wasn’t aware of… George Lucas is financing the construction of the new Lucas Museum of Interpretive Art in Exposition Park near the new aerospace museum being built for the Space Shuttle. I wasn’t able to stop to take pictures but it looks wild like a Mon Calamari space ship. Explore Our Campus - Lucas Museum of Narrative Art
 
Sorry for being dense, but where do I find what the current challenge is? I don't seem to have much luck browsing through previous messages and I'd like to join in the fun too. Thanks.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top