CB1100 Monthly Photo Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.
mtneers_imp said:
c8c174eba83a0401639248c01379ce2b.jpg

0da6c495a7ba3cf154f613a9a63c9300.jpg

a45075a4ca09c4d0e563a178fa911e40.jpg

Yeah I know. I need help.
Possibly some unfinished work mtneers? :D
 
'Tis EmptySea's call, but I think he gets to pick the May challenge.
 
Thread starter
My apologies for the delay in getting a May photo subject out there sooner. The honor of choosing the subject goes to the first person to submit a qualifying picture. I mention this only because my submission for April, while first, was far from the best or most creative of the Van Gogh photos. Thank you to all that participated and to noroomtomove for coming up with this wonderful subject.

May 1 was my wife's birthday and coincided with the 147th running of the Kentucky Derby. As much fun as it might be for all of you folks to come to Chicago to photograph your bike with Cheryl in the background, I think that the Derby makes more practical sense as the inspiration for this month's Challenge. To wit, please submit a photo of your CB1100 with horses in the background. Creative interpretations are allowed, so if there is not a living, breathing equine within riding distance of your location, use your imagination.

Please remember that the point of this Challenge is to get participants out on their motorcycles so please make every effort to ride to where the horses are and not submit a photo of your bike in front of that Mustang GT500 poster in your garage. Also, remember that the photo is to include "horses" (plural).

aaaannd They're off!!
 
Thought this was going to be a piece of cake. I live about 15 miles from Belterra Race Park, also there are 2 farms between here and there with horses so after dinner I headed out. Passed the first farm and 1 horse was out. Passed the second farm and NO horses were out. Make it to the race track and not a horse in sight. Lots of horse trailers, lots of stalls with no horses I could see. No horses trotting around the track.

e875254d66211c586a7add090b2230d8.jpg


0f681b83c2615b887987880bb5939add.jpg


this is as close as I got.

9cd9755e87e2022e171064619c9dda65.jpg


Then there's these down in town but these don't count

0432171be76ee54b702e4529a68a66e1.jpg


So I am not counting this as an official submission.

I WILL find some real horses in the next couple of days lol
 
OK, so this one doesn't count either... I did take this on Saturday, and there were real horses involved n walking past my bike....but sadly, it wasn't on the CB, but rather the Speedmaster...

b3a1add8dea48ab22570b8591ddd74b4.jpg
 
Do I detect an element of desperation this month?
 
Lol no, but the weather is so much better, its getting warmer, we are able to get out and ride more.
 
I think everyone should pony up and participate in the monthly challenge. It's a lot of fun.
 
tommymck_imp said:
OK, so this one doesn't count either... I did take this on Saturday, and there were real horses involved n walking past my bike....but sadly, it wasn't on the CB, but rather the Speedmaster...

b3a1add8dea48ab22570b8591ddd74b4.jpg
They used to shoot lame horses...your CB's rear hoof might give one cause.
 
Orange Park Acres is big horse country, with lots of stables and riding trails. Just over the hill from my house.

I figured easy-peasy, I'll take a ride over the hill on my way home from work and snap plenty of pics of my bike with some horses. Not so easy, as it turns out. There were no horses out riding, and all of the stables are secluded and not too close to the road. The best I could do was a fenced-in flock of ostriches along the road. So, if someone does a challenge where you shoot a pic of your CB with an ostrich, I'm set.

So, I figured if I can't get a picture of my bike with a horse, just go where they buy horse food.
 
Blowed if I'm going to make an ass of myself.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top