CB1100 modded like CHiPs bike?

Jeephoto_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just wondering if our CB1100s could be modded to look like the motorcycles from the CHiPs tv show? Large "road king" windshield, big "loop" crash bars, footboards, single "springer" seat, & hard cases. I kind of like the look.

d447fd764001c0ab184488f7505f2e81.jpg
 
The only limitations to modifications are your imagination and disposable income. Not everyone may share your vision, but who are we to tell you how to spend your money.

Definitely post pictures if you decide to tackle this project though.


Sent from an undisclosed location
 
Since most of those items you mentioned aren't available for the CB1100, you'd probably end up having to buy an old KZ1000P and then do a lot of garage engineering to make them fit.
 
Maybe you can get Harlan to do it for you. Will be done tomorrow and he won't even get dirty!
 
Thread starter
Thanks everyone. I'm actually extremely happy with my CB as is it now. I doubt that I would ever do that to my "baby". This was just an exercise in "what if".

However, if I win the Lottery and can buy a second CB, that one I might do the mods to.

I was wondering if those items I mentioned were available for the CB1100 anywhere.

Along those lines, were items like the large windshield, hard bags and loop crash bars available for the 1970's CBs? All I remember were the Vetter fairings on the UJMs of the era.
 
Thread starter
Now that is what I was thinking. The loop crash bars, the single seat. The only thing missing is the big windshield. I wonder if anyone is making or retro-fitting those items today?

5109c7bf8e8c50d85c35ece40873b548.jpg
 
That friction drum on the rear tire to power the siren is amazing. And probably needed to be powered that way because the electrical system couldn't handle it.
 
I always liked the looks of old police bikes like the KZ1000P. Harley also had the FXRP which had a fancier fiberglass fairing. The later KZ1000P had a fiberglass fairing I believe. Now, off to Google to look up pictures of these....
 
the_undecider_imp said:
I always liked the looks of old police bikes like the KZ1000P. Harley also had the FXRP which had a fancier fiberglass fairing. The later KZ1000P had a fiberglass fairing I believe. Now, off to Google to look up pictures of these....
I am attempting a chips look, as soon as funds allow. Thanks for allowing me into the group!
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Maybe you can get Harlan to do it for you. Will be done tomorrow and he won't even get dirty!
And will be wearing so white lab coat with a tie.

Thought it was just so cool to be a CHIP. And the girls!
 
Back
Top