CB1100 Maximum Lean Angle = Scooter's lean angle

zirconxi_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just some experiments on Stock CB1100 lean Angle. From what I found, stock CB1100 maximum lean angle is almost equal to a scooter at 40-41 degree, before the foot peg start touching the road. Well, my weight might be a factor, but I believe it wouldn't be too much off even if i shred a few KGs. I remember watching some youtube video comparison between retro design bike and CB is the least sportier of the lots. I think most cruiser had about this lean angle as well. So maybe CB is meant to be cruiser competitor??
 
Well, it's not a track bike lol, it's a 550 pound naked standard with pretty much budget suspension and skinny tires. I don't think I want to lean over much more than 41 degrees. I know I wore the stock 110 & 140 Dunlop's to the very edge, where the rubber curled off and I never scraped anything. I can't run them to the edge with the 120 front 160 rear.
 
LOl now Alprider you know that is not the element this bike was designed for. Sure one can take one to a track but trust me it is not a track bike.
 
Thread starter
Oh.. Nice track day... i thought tracks ride required us to remove the foot peg feeler as to avoid scraping the tarmac and damage it? Alprider's video seems like the rider is scraping left and right non stop. . Anyway, sitting on the bike automatically made me feel calm and ride slow. But the engine and exhaust note made me want to bring her up the rev range. She is just like an elegant lady wanting you... Hahaha.
 
33958119edce649f9e88e5f0715451c7.jpg


I agree that the lean angle is pretty bad on CB. All these scratches came from a fairly relaxed ride up a local canyon.
 
Thread starter
Your after market pipe sure look a bit low. I had never scratch my pipe during riding, but the frame on the right and side stand on the left get touch the ground when the heat turn up.
gtveloce_imp said:
33958119edce649f9e88e5f0715451c7.jpg


I agree that the lean angle is pretty bad on CB. All these scratches came from a fairly relaxed ride up a local canyon.
 
by this or that kind curve and situation i scratched too the covering plate by the DLX / EX (there wehre is the collector 2-1 behind)

or too

 
In fairness, the Yoshi exhaust leaves less clearance than stock..at least it did on my bikes. Not saying that the lean angle is great, but the exhaust does make a difference. My style of riding leaves my exhaust scraped from particularly aggressive speed bumps in my neighborhood.
 
Back
Top