cb1100 group ride in japan

Good to see so many CBs together. Japan would be a great place to ride.
 
So... interestingly enough, my buddy Jorge, is a pretty good cinematographer and has made some pretty motovideos and he's coming to the rally. He's on a Bonneville, but since the camera is on his bike, no one would notice. LOL

I just thought of this this instant, but the other guy that I invited to come down is also really good with his gopro and editing software, but alas, he cannot make the trip.

Is MemphisMike coming? That guy shoots some cool video.
 
Mike hasn't been around in awhile. Last time online was 9-10-2017 @ 10:15 pm
 
I d be glad to do some videography and photography for the group as both are a long term hobbies.
I have multiple go pro and dash cams I use for my job in insurance work.
 
Bring your gear. Maybe we can get a few cams covering a couple of the rides and the other events (mostly us eating or talking, but they count as 'events'). Then we can toss all the raw video together and someone with some production expertise can put something super-cool together. I lack all of those skills, btw.
 
Enjoyed that very much. What struck me is how young they are compared to those I've seen at our rallies lol. Not a gray hair or beard in the bunch.

I'd love to ride in Japan.
 
It's a very different market. I recall that the last gen CB750 sold for 4 more years in Japan after it was discontinued in the rest of the world. They have an appreciation for the basic UJM that (thankfully) didn't go away in the 80s, as it did here. That's a big reason we can enjoy the beautiful CB1100 today.
 
And they're still selling 3 models of the CB1100 and the CB1300 and the CB400!
 
Wow, that's quite stunning to see so many CB's at one time.
As I mentioned elsewhere, only four CB's came into this province in '13 and '14. I think a couple of later years may have come in too, but regardless, I have never seen another CB at bike nights or in my travels.
 
Thread starter
New video from a japanese videographer themed; touring for swiss rolls.
has some nice idea's and a good collection of bikes;

 
In the first video, I wonder where the riders were from. They weren't speaking Japanese. I wonder if they all brought their own bikes or if there are Japanese tour companies who have CB1100s--kinda like EagleRider here...maybe WingRider in Japan?
 
Thread starter
Roper_imp said:
In the first video, I wonder where the riders were from. They weren't speaking Japanese. I wonder if they all brought their own bikes or if there are Japanese tour companies who have CB1100s--kinda like EagleRider here...maybe WingRider in Japan?
best i can trace the language and the script is thai, have a look at the 5th video below, it's a longer version.
 
They certainly muster a good-sized group. Good to see so many younger riders.
 
Back
Top