aschem_imp
Been there
Thread starter
Was looking for front fork springs and saw this: http://www.racetech.com/Newsfeed/2016/01/05/Honda-CB1100-Race-Tech-Setup!
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
Well, it does date back to the 60's.... so it is old.aschem_imp said:To me the stock suspension is mediocre at best when compared to the stock suspension of many other bikes I have ridden/owned.




Let us know how it goes.kevbroce_imp said:i just emailed Racetech about this setup. They aren't too far from my home, i'm hoping i can get them to install and tune my bike.
spacetiger' pid='118928' dateline='1452731995 said:aschem,
If you are referring to the turns (increase or decrease) on the emulator, I would say no change to the 6 turns using the blue springs. Your heavier weight are only relevant to the fork springs.
What have you done with the springs. And, you have to tell us your weight. I am 195 - 200 without riding gear, so what I do for my suspension needds may not match what you need. How about starting a setting up a suspension thread and I'll join you and we'll stumble forward.
Jerry
[/quote
I'm 215-220 no gear and ride the back roads of E. Idaho
aschem_imp said:Let us know how it goes.kevbroce_imp said:i just emailed Racetech about this setup. They aren't too far from my home, i'm hoping i can get them to install and tune my bike.
Let us know how it goes.spacetiger' pid='118928' dateline='1452731995 said:aschem,
If you are referring to the turns (increase or decrease) on the emulator, I would say no change to the 6 turns using the blue springs. Your heavier weight are only relevant to the fork springs.
What have you done with the springs. And, you have to tell us your weight. I am 195 - 200 without riding gear, so what I do for my suspension needds may not match what you need. How about starting a setting up a suspension thread and I'll join you and we'll stumble forward.
Jerry
[/quote
I'm 215-220 no gear and ride the back roads of E. Idaho
Here's what the sent. A bit more than I'd hope to spend but it's awfully tempting!
See Below.
Christie Gunter <Christie@racetech.com>
Thank you Kevin, okay so for the front if you want us to do the install this is what you are looking at paying:
Labor- $125.00
R&R- $75.00 (if you bring in the whole bike)
FEGV S4101- $169.99 emulator vale
FRSP S3534xxx- $129.99 Fork springs
USF05 QT- $30.00 Oil
Assuming that the bike is pretty new you wont need your seals changed however they will inspect when they get them and determine that, if they do need to change them you are looking at an additional $40-50 for the seals at the most.
Now for the rear shocks, you are looking at $799.99 for a set of shocks that are IFP no adjust, meaning that the only adjustment is pre-load adjustment. You can also go for a adjustable shock that is $949.99, this will have IFP w/ rebound and ride-height adjust. I would recommend that you go with the second option, you can also do a IFP shock with Rebound adjust for $899.99. These shocks are completely custom, and will be built to suit you.
If you would like to order the shocks will take about 3-4 weeks to build if you want to send me your shipping info I can get you in the system and get the shocks going and then when they are completed if you want to bring the bike in we can install the shocks for $75.00, and then do the front, if you want to send the forks in you can do that I would ay send them in about a week and half after we start the shocks and then we can ship everything back to you together.
kevbroce_imp said:Let us know how it goes.aschem_imp said:Let us know how it goes.kevbroce_imp said:i just emailed Racetech about this setup. They aren't too far from my home, i'm hoping i can get them to install and tune my bike.
Let us know how it goes.spacetiger' pid='118928' dateline='1452731995 said:aschem,
If you are referring to the turns (increase or decrease) on the emulator, I would say no change to the 6 turns using the blue springs. Your heavier weight are only relevant to the fork springs.
What have you done with the springs. And, you have to tell us your weight. I am 195 - 200 without riding gear, so what I do for my suspension needds may not match what you need. How about starting a setting up a suspension thread and I'll join you and we'll stumble forward.
Jerry
[/quote
I'm 215-220 no gear and ride the back roads of E. Idaho
Here's what the sent. A bit more than I'd hope to spend but it's awfully tempting!
See Below.
Christie Gunter <Christie@racetech.com>
Thank you Kevin, okay so for the front if you want us to do the install this is what you are looking at paying:
Labor- $125.00
R&R- $75.00 (if you bring in the whole bike)
FEGV S4101- $169.99 emulator vale
FRSP S3534xxx- $129.99 Fork springs
USF05 QT- $30.00 Oil
Assuming that the bike is pretty new you wont need your seals changed however they will inspect when they get them and determine that, if they do need to change them you are looking at an additional $40-50 for the seals at the most.
Now for the rear shocks, you are looking at $799.99 for a set of shocks that are IFP no adjust, meaning that the only adjustment is pre-load adjustment. You can also go for a adjustable shock that is $949.99, this will have IFP w/ rebound and ride-height adjust. I would recommend that you go with the second option, you can also do a IFP shock with Rebound adjust for $899.99. These shocks are completely custom, and will be built to suit you.
If you would like to order the shocks will take about 3-4 weeks to build if you want to send me your shipping info I can get you in the system and get the shocks going and then when they are completed if you want to bring the bike in we can install the shocks for $75.00, and then do the front, if you want to send the forks in you can do that I would ay send them in about a week and half after we start the shocks and then we can ship everything back to you together.
Here's what the sent. A bit more than I'd hope to spend but it's awfully tempting!
See Below.
Christie Gunter <Christie@racetech.com>
Thank you Kevin, okay so for the front if you want us to do the install this is what you are looking at paying:
Labor- $125.00
R&R- $75.00 (if you bring in the whole bike)
FEGV S4101- $169.99 emulator vale
FRSP S3534xxx- $129.99 Fork springs
USF05 QT- $30.00 Oil
Assuming that the bike is pretty new you wont need your seals changed however they will inspect when they get them and determine that, if they do need to change them you are looking at an additional $40-50 for the seals at the most.
Now for the rear shocks, you are looking at $799.99 for a set of shocks that are IFP no adjust, meaning that the only adjustment is pre-load adjustment. You can also go for a adjustable shock that is $949.99, this will have IFP w/ rebound and ride-height adjust. I would recommend that you go with the second option, you can also do a IFP shock with Rebound adjust for $899.99. These shocks are completely custom, and will be built to suit you.
If you would like to order the shocks will take about 3-4 weeks to build if you want to send me your shipping info I can get you in the system and get the shocks going and then when they are completed if you want to bring the bike in we can install the shocks for $75.00, and then do the front, if you want to send the forks in you can do that I would ay send them in about a week and half after we start the shocks and then we can ship everything back to you together.
If you are handy with a wrench, I can walk you though what needs to be done. You have to be willing to post some pics so we have a reference point.
Some has to start a new thread: Setting up my suspension, and we'll move to get this done. I'm still waiting for that first brave person. Aschem? You posted your weight, so you should be first.
Jerry
Frulk_imp said:Call me overly sensitive but I think it's an overreach for Race Tech to call the stock suspension "mediocre". Almost all factory bike suspensions could be improved upon but that doesn't justify RT's use of mediocre to describe the CB's suspension to hype and sell their products.
rmack, I thought I'd pile on some info since the (~24") snow is coming in DC and everything is at a standstill.rmack_imp said:just an opinion on this i have race teck emulators with the yellow spring 3 turns 1 extra hole in the plate (harsh on small bumps without it ) race tech 1.oo springs with 15 weight fork oil bearing in mind you have to drill out the lower rods with gazzi premium rear remote shocks and i will tell you this set up is worth every cent just my opinion cheers





