Tev62
Road warrior
Thread starter
C'mon, own up, was it you? CB1100 and another collide.
Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
And what's with the guy on the sport bike passing in front of the lady at the stop light? "I'm faster than you so..." What an ass. She was right, "You are giving bikers a bad name."Whoops_imp said:What's with the car trying to kill the bike at the end of the video! Wow. An example of why you just let ass hats like that pass you and not try to be first.
Sounds similar to what I did (CB1100, NC750X) and what The Ferret is currently doing.Gone in 60_imp said:Never like to see this. It sort of brings something to my mind. I'm daily driving my CB to work every other day, rotating with the Bonneville. As CB1100s become more scarce, and parts dry up, I'm wondering if I'm taking a risk using it as my daily ride. I'd never sell it, but when prices of used bikes stop being ridiculous, I'm thinking of picking up something more utilitarian like a CB500x or NC700x and keeping the CB as an occasional pleasure ride.
oh, the still at that point in the video with the CB on it's side is just a sad, sad sight...Tev62_imp said:C'mon, own up, was it you? CB1100 and another collide.
Do we really expect parts to dry up? I had a 1998 BMWR1200C up until a couple of years ago and parts weren't (and still aren't) a problem years after production stopped. I'd be surprised if Honda stopped supporting the bike.....Gone in 60_imp said:Never like to see this. It sort of brings something to my mind. I'm daily driving my CB to work every other day, rotating with the Bonneville. As CB1100s become more scarce, and parts dry up, I'm wondering if I'm taking a risk using it as my daily ride. I'd never sell it, but when prices of used bikes stop being ridiculous, I'm thinking of picking up something more utilitarian like a CB500x or NC700x and keeping the CB as an occasional pleasure ride.
Do we really expect parts to dry up? I had a 1998 BMWR1200C up until a couple of years ago and parts weren't (and still aren't) a problem years after production stopped. I'd be surprised if Honda stopped supporting the bike..... I don't think that Honda would necessarily stop manufacturing parts but in reality parts for the CB 1100 are not always easy to get even now. It usually involves shopping around and some waiting, and that's never a good thing with a motorcycle that one uses as a daily commuter because in case of an unexpected failure your horse my end up out if commission for weeks in end.tommymck_imp said:Do we really expect parts to dry up? I had a 1998 BMWR1200C up until a couple of years ago and parts weren't (and still aren't) a problem years after production stopped. I'd be surprised if Honda stopped supporting the bike.....Gone in 60_imp said:Never like to see this. It sort of brings something to my mind. I'm daily driving my CB to work every other day, rotating with the Bonneville. As CB1100s become more scarce, and parts dry up, I'm wondering if I'm taking a risk using it as my daily ride. I'd never sell it, but when prices of used bikes stop being ridiculous, I'm thinking of picking up something more utilitarian like a CB500x or NC700x and keeping the CB as an occasional pleasure ride.
Is it me or is it them ? THAT is the question !Gone in 60_imp said:No fair, Todd, we can’t get the H’ness here in the U.S. I think it’s really cool and I know my wife would love it. I’d need a bike that can cruise above 70mph easily, so thinking a bit bigger.
And I’ve never engaged in a group ride. I don’t see it being very enjoyable from many aspects. But then again, I don’t get along with most people in general.
Someone said that a 500cc version is in the works, apparently Honda left clues on the bike itself by creating attachments for a radiator/oil-cooler etc. But let's wait and see.Gone in 60_imp said:No fair, Todd, we can’t get the H’ness here in the U.S. I think it’s really cool and I know my wife would love it. I’d need a bike that can cruise above 70mph easily, so thinking a bit bigger.
And I’ve never engaged in a group ride. I don’t see it being very enjoyable from many aspects. But then again, I don’t get along with most people in general.
I agree. I have seen a rider T-bone another bike because the guy did not see we were all going left, signals on and all, and he just crashed right into the lead bike. If you do ride with friends, make sure you do not daydream and know where you are going. I ride alone most of the time.Frulk_imp said:About 5 years ago maybe a little more I implemented a new rule for myself. I never ride in large groups. EVER. I have several first hand accounts of this kind of thing happening, up to and including death of a rider. I only ride with folks whose skill set as a motorcyclist is known to me.