CB1100 Coffee: Outin Nano Portable Espresso Maker

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
Clearly anyone who rides a CB1100 or reads this Forum enjoys the finer things in life. I love riding motorcycles. And I also love great coffee. It is wonderful to set a proper coffee shop as a destination, but there are some moments when I want to leave the city to take in the great beauty of the world. With recent advances in technology, it is now possible to create a perfect espresso or an Caffe Americano anywhere I park my motorcycle. For fellow coffee lovers on the Forum, here is one way to get it done.

The Outin Nano is a battery-powered, affordable, portable espresso maker which easily fits in a bag or a hardened case. It is small, compact, and incredibly well made. You can use coffee pods or ground coffee, although the pods are much easier to manage because there is no clean up. For those of you who tour, I can think of no better device to add to your equipment. For day trippers like me, the Outin Nano will easily fit in a small travel bag or backpack.

cfbd0333db555abc8ad2fd1c7602743e.jpeg


683a104a417f3dc5942135bf50d96778.jpeg


cef9826e1fdec18b02b2ca56b1c44ae3.jpeg


See this link if you want the technical details and some lovely glamour shots:

OutIn Nano Portable Espresso Machine | 20 Bar Pressure, Travel Coffee Maker

I had a difficult week and decided to ride to a beautiful park in the hills of Northern California and eat a light breakfast. The sun was bright, no wind, a perfect 60 degrees for a wonderful ride. When I arrived, I become my favorite barista. In less then 5 minutes, I made the perfect espresso to pair with the almond poppy seed muffin I brought along to remind me that there is more to this world than stressful work. Here are a few pictures:

f744d87b746ec7413035a2e310c6362e.jpeg


6b776a6375be207df84f157617f767b0.jpeg


59be21608a468743887f1bf32497ef49.jpeg


b4184333dae51b1fd34ab53b4e921c80.jpeg


If a “cup” of coffee is more to your liking, you could dilute the espresso with more hot water in a larger cup. Milk and/or flavorings can also be added to the coffee, if you have room to bring them.

This is as good as it gets for me.

f9377aee5bd914220f36434f144e75ff.jpeg


We will see if anyone else considers the Outin Nano a motorcycle accessory! :) Have a great weekend. David
 
Very civilized, David.
 
I prefer the Trangia stove and some instant coffee (heathen I know) on the road but I know somebody who wil love this as a Christmas gift! cheers Rdprdp01.
 
Rdprdp01_imp said:
Clearly anyone who rides a CB1100 or reads this Forum enjoys the finer things in life. I love riding motorcycles. And I also love great coffee. It is wonderful to set a proper coffee shop as a destination, but there are some moments when I want to leave the city to take in the great beauty of the world. With recent advances in technology, it is now possible to create a perfect espresso or an Caffe Americano anywhere I park my motorcycle. For fellow coffee lovers on the Forum, here is one way to get it done.

The Outin Nano is a battery-powered, affordable, portable espresso maker which easily fits in a bag or a hardened case. It is small, compact, and incredibly well made. You can use coffee pods or ground coffee, although the pods are much easier to manage because there is no clean up. For those of you who tour, I can think of no better device to add to your equipment. For day trippers like me, the Outin Nano will easily fit in a small travel bag or backpack.

cfbd0333db555abc8ad2fd1c7602743e.jpeg


683a104a417f3dc5942135bf50d96778.jpeg


cef9826e1fdec18b02b2ca56b1c44ae3.jpeg


See this link if you want the technical details and some lovely glamour shots:

OutIn Nano Portable Espresso Machine | 20 Bar Pressure, Travel Coffee Maker

I had a difficult week and decided to ride to a beautiful park in the hills of Northern California and eat a light breakfast. The sun was bright, no wind, a perfect 60 degrees for a wonderful ride. When I arrived, I become my favorite barista. In less then 5 minutes, I made the perfect espresso to pair with the almond poppy seed muffin I brought along to remind me that there is more to this world than stressful work. Here are a few pictures:

f744d87b746ec7413035a2e310c6362e.jpeg


6b776a6375be207df84f157617f767b0.jpeg


59be21608a468743887f1bf32497ef49.jpeg


b4184333dae51b1fd34ab53b4e921c80.jpeg


If a “cup” of coffee is more to your liking, you could dilute the espresso with more hot water in a larger cup. Milk and/or flavorings can also be added to the coffee, if you have room to bring them.

This is as good as it gets for me.

f9377aee5bd914220f36434f144e75ff.jpeg


We will see if anyone else considers the Outin Nano a motorcycle accessory! :) Have a great weekend. David
Beautiful! An espresso and muffin--poppy seed no less--served wherever you want. Sounds like a sublime moment.
 
Hmm. I’m intrigued. I do enjoy a good cup of coffee. But, I am lazy. This time last year, Mrs. G had just returned from visiting friends who had a very nice espresso maker. She really wanted one and we embarked on a search for the perfect machine.

We ended up buying a very nice Jura. I was excited about it too for a brief time, but while she uses it daily, I’ve gone back to the Keurig and Costco pods.

But now we both want an almond poppy seed muffin.
 
Thread starter
m in sc_imp said:
I like it. question, I'm sure they cant legally say it, but will a regular keurig k cup fit in there where the adapter sits? if so, id be interested.
Sadly, no. It can support any coffee pod product which has the same size and dimensions of a Nespresso. I am using Pete’s version of a Nespresso pod.

Folks can also use ground coffee with an alternative adapter which ships with the machine, but that is a little messy and clumsy for a motorcyclist to manage on the road.
 
That thing is cool!! They are on Amazon too so you don’t have to order off their site.

Now, I must resist the buy now button… :P
 
Back
Top