CB1100 (and other motorcycle) specifications

Looks more like the deluxe model for the USA. It don't have spike wheels like the EX model. Great find. I called Honda of North America and ask them how many deluxe models was made. He told me he did not have to info. I told him someone at Honda knows exactly how many was made. George I bet you can find out. Your a good hunting dog lol.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The link you posted for the cb1100 goes to a page not found. The other link works but I did not see the cb1100 listed. Video works good


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thanks for the feedback, Michael. I've previously badgered Honda for information about VINs and number of bikes produced, and got exactly nowhere! There's only so long to keep banging your head on a brick wall.

I don't understand why the links wont work for you. The first one is Motorcycle Specifications and links to the front page of the site. He has specifications for lots and lots and lots of bikes. The second link is http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/model/Honda/honda_cb1100 10.htm * which should take you to the page on the 2011 CB1100.

If you go to http://www.motorcyclespecs.co.za/bikes/Honda 2.htm * and scroll down you'll find the links to the various CB1100 pages he has posted.

All of it led me back to Honda Japan which keeps reminding me that—for the Japanese at least—there will be a CB1100 standard model in 2017. Only in white, it features the old, welded, fuel tank we all know and love as well as a 4 into 2 exhaust system. I can't see that it's being exported anywhere. Nor can I find any pictures of it I can post easily; however, I have managed a couple of screen shots from the Honda Japan site.

*Note: these links may not work from Tapatalk.

f5955728ebae7b4af1d9ddadd85bb60c.jpg


974c93eb7a4c7708f5b9031db9b01d94.jpg
 
Only the first link is working for me. But I'm using my phone and just clicking on links. The other 2 links don't work for me. I like the white bike but I don't like the black side covers. I like the mag wheels over the spoke wheels.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Yeah, that's interesting. The second and third links don't for me either if I use Tapatalk. I'll edit the posts.

Thanks Ridem.
 
I see you have already answered a question I was going to post - #s of CB1100s imported into Canada.

I've only ever seen the two my local dealer had - a 2014 and a 2016, the '14 went to BC. The 2014 that I just bought came out of NS, that's it. I've never actually seen one out in the wild and though I don't spend as much time out on the highways anymore I do own a business on a major tourist route and watch the bikes cruise by all summer long.
 
I have one of the somewhat rare 2016 black checkerboard Canada models. I had heard there were very few brought to Canada and were actually a "special" edition bike in Japan that landed here. I bought mine in Moncton, New Brunswick on the east coast but the dealer thought it came from Quebec. Would love to know the true story on these.

I was taking photos the other day of the serial numbers and stickers. I noticed that the sticker on the stem had the same serial as the one engraved plus extra three digits at the end. What's up with the that? Also right next to the model number there is the date 9/16. Is that the manufacturer date or the date of arrival into Canada
f142876ddabc27807bdd1ddda792e499.png
. Either way seems late in the year. There are only a couple months left in the season at that point.


2016 Honda CB1100
 
Thread starter
QimmiQ_imp said:
I have one of the somewhat rare 2016 black checkerboard Canada models. I had heard there were very few brought to Canada and were actually a "special" edition bike in Japan that landed here. I bought mine in Moncton, New Brunswick on the east coast but the dealer thought it came from Quebec. Would love to know the true story on these.

I was taking photos the other day of the serial numbers and stickers. I noticed that the sticker on the stem had the same serial as the one engraved plus extra three digits at the end. What's up with the that? Also right next to the model number there is the date 9/16. Is that the manufacturer date or the date of arrival into Canada
f142876ddabc27807bdd1ddda792e499.png
. Either way seems late in the year. There are only a couple months left in the season at that point.


2016 Honda CB1100
QimmiQ, Other than Japan, Canada is the only place I know of that got the 2016 model. I've been wrong before, though!

9/16 is likely to be the month of manufacture.

Are you OK about posting a picture of the compliance plate? I'd be interested to see it. If you are, no worries, but are you able to tell me the 8th and 10th digits of the VIN? So those digits I've marked with an 'x' JH2SC65x?xK000000? I'm also a bit interested in the extra 3 digits on the end of the serial number and what they might be.

This is a picture of the compliance plate on my CB1100.

d1fd64930076e84462540dcfb306b724.jpg


Oh, and what Ridem32 said ... some pictures of the bike?
 
As requested. Pictured with my 2002 750 Nighthawk (US Edition) and at the February bike show where I bought it.

9ca8f47a775c0fd4db1b04b41bd39129.jpg

50c0e29745adf792349b9e9e4c9c9b2d.jpg


Not a great photo but here's my plate.
e52024f80ebaf65c9665bcda6ab293b8.jpg



2016 Honda CB1100
 
The vin # ending in 57 is the complete vin #. It has 17 digits. Maybe they did not stamp the frame correctly. Low vin # for sure


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thread starter
Thanks QimmiQ. Gotta love a palindrome!

Does the number stamped on the frame have more digits, or is it a repeat of the VIN?
 
QimmiQ_imp said:
I have one of the somewhat rare 2016 black checkerboard Canada models. I had heard there were very few brought to Canada and were actually a "special" edition bike in Japan that landed here. I bought mine in Moncton, New Brunswick on the east coast but the dealer thought it came from Quebec. Would love to know the true story on these.

I was taking photos the other day of the serial numbers and stickers. I noticed that the sticker on the stem had the same serial as the one engraved plus extra three digits at the end. What's up with the that? Also right next to the model number there is the date 9/16. Is that the manufacturer date or the date of arrival into Canada
f142876ddabc27807bdd1ddda792e499.png
. Either way seems late in the year. There are only a couple months left in the season at that point.


2016 Honda CB1100
That is my local dealer (I live outside Moncton), I looked at that bike and thought about buying it but I already have a blacked out bike (HD Night Train) so I really wanted a 2014 blue one. Yours is one of 3 CB1100As I have seen in the flesh at the dealer, never seen one in the wild.
 
Banned_imp said:
QimmiQ_imp said:
I have one of the somewhat rare 2016 black checkerboard Canada models. I had heard there were very few brought to Canada and were actually a "special" edition bike in Japan that landed here. I bought mine in Moncton, New Brunswick on the east coast but the dealer thought it came from Quebec. Would love to know the true story on these.

I was taking photos the other day of the serial numbers and stickers. I noticed that the sticker on the stem had the same serial as the one engraved plus extra three digits at the end. What's up with the that? Also right next to the model number there is the date 9/16. Is that the manufacturer date or the date of arrival into Canada
f142876ddabc27807bdd1ddda792e499.png
. Either way seems late in the year. There are only a couple months left in the season at that point.


2016 Honda CB1100
That is my local dealer (I live outside Moncton), I looked at that bike and thought about buying it but I already have a blacked out bike (HD Night Train) so I really wanted a 2014 blue one. Yours is one of 3 CB1100As I have seen in the flesh at the dealer, never seen one in the wild.
That is my local dealer (I live outside Moncton), I looked at that bike and thought about buying it but I already have a blacked out bike (HD Night Train) so I really wanted a 2014 blue one. Yours is one of 3 CB1100As I have seen in the flesh at the dealer, never seen one in the wild.

Wow that one dealership had 3 of those bikes? I would love to see the vin #,s off all 3 of them. That's seems rare to me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Banned_imp said:
QimmiQ_imp said:
I have one of the somewhat rare 2016 black checkerboard Canada models. I had heard there were very few brought to Canada and were actually a "special" edition bike in Japan that landed here. I bought mine in Moncton, New Brunswick on the east coast but the dealer thought it came from Quebec. Would love to know the true story on these.

I was taking photos the other day of the serial numbers and stickers. I noticed that the sticker on the stem had the same serial as the one engraved plus extra three digits at the end. What's up with the that? Also right next to the model number there is the date 9/16. Is that the manufacturer date or the date of arrival into Canada
f142876ddabc27807bdd1ddda792e499.png
. Either way seems late in the year. There are only a couple months left in the season at that point.


2016 Honda CB1100
That is my local dealer (I live outside Moncton), I looked at that bike and thought about buying it but I already have a blacked out bike (HD Night Train) so I really wanted a 2014 blue one. Yours is one of 3 CB1100As I have seen in the flesh at the dealer, never seen one in the wild.
That is my local dealer (I live outside Moncton), I looked at that bike and thought about buying it but I already have a blacked out bike (HD Night Train) so I really wanted a 2014 blue one. Yours is one of 3 CB1100As I have seen in the flesh at the dealer, never seen one in the wild.

Wow that one dealership had 3 of those bikes? I would love to see the vin #,s off all 3 of them. That's seems rare to me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That is my local dealer (I live outside Moncton), I looked at that bike and thought about buying it but I already have a blacked out bike (HD Night Train) so I really wanted a 2014 blue one. Yours is one of 3 CB1100As I have seen in the flesh at the dealer, never seen one in the wild.

Wow that one dealership had 3 of those bikes? I would love to see the vin #,s off all 3 of them. That's seems rare to me


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sorry, I worded that poorly. The dealer in Moncton had 1 2014 (it sold in 2016 and was shipped to BC - just before I decide to buy it) and 1 2016. The 2014 that I got came from a car dealership in northern NB (traded in on a CRV by a forum member I believe) and I believe was originally sold in Nova Scotia. I talked with the dealership owner and he said they are getting a 2017 as a demo bike, they are a combo Harley/Honda/KTM dealer and are one of the biggest shops on the east coast of Canada.

My vin ends in 031.
 
Thread starter
Your bike used to belong to forum member jrns who was on the forum only a few days ago.
 
So I'm not trying to be quaint (I work all day in IT at a university) but I am always surprised at what a small world it can be and how technology can connect the dots even further.

I wasn't a big fan of the spencer blue (sorry) but went to look at the bike last fall. I have been pining for the CB1100. See the pic below. My wife told me to buy it before I left the house and I took the afternoon off work and rode down on my CB 750 thinking I would. But they weren't being flexible on the price and wanted $500+ for freight and PDI which they had dropped from the rest of the 2014s. It also had 100 km on it. I left less than impressed, my CB110 dreams in tatters.
eeec5bc919dfd5ce13656b1a41c61d6a.jpg


Then the blacked checkerboard showed up at the bike show at a great price with $300 in dealer store credit and no freight costs. Love at first site. I bought it the next morning.

Things always seem to work out as they should. Glad you didn't buy the 2016, W/R.

Cormanus, yes my VIN frame stamp ends in 057 also. Cable in the way.
 
QimmiQ_imp said:
So I'm not trying to be quaint (I work all day in IT at a university) but I am always surprised at what a small world it can be and how technology can connect the dots even further.

I wasn't a big fan of the spencer blue (sorry) but went to look at the bike last fall. I have been pining for the CB1100. See the pic below. My wife told me to buy it before I left the house and I took the afternoon off work and rode down on my CB 750 thinking I would. But they weren't being flexible on the price and wanted $500+ for freight and PDI which they had dropped from the rest of the 2014s. It also had 100 km on it. I left less than impressed, my CB110 dreams in tatters.
eeec5bc919dfd5ce13656b1a41c61d6a.jpg


Then the blacked checkerboard showed up at the bike show at a great price with $300 in dealer store credit and no freight costs. Love at first site. I bought it the next morning.

Things always seem to work out as they should. Glad you didn't buy the 2016, W/R.

Cormanus, yes my VIN frame stamp ends in 057 also. Cable in the way.
Do you mean like fate? I'm glad (for the both of us) that I didn't buy the 2016 too. I think my 2014 and I were meant to be together - as stated my vin ends in #031, I retired in Sep 2015 from 25 years as an Infantry soldier in the Canadian Armed Forces, the Military Occupation Code (MOC) for Infantry is 031. Coincidence?

Are you in the Moncton area? We should meet up, I'll bet a picture of a '14 Spencer Blue and '16 Black Checkerboard together in the wild would be a pretty rare sight.
 
Back
Top