CB1100 Accessories.

memphismike_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Has anyone in the USA ordered from SamuRider before? If so, about how long is normal wait/delivery on items? I really like their Windscreen they make for this bike. Also...any other dealers you recommend for accessories? Thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Mr. T (Samurider) is the best. Extremely responsive to inquiries and orders, and delivery times are unbelievable - like 3-4 days to the west coast. Check the item you're interested in, to be sure it's not something that has to be custom made, or ordered from the factory, which will obviously add time. Most of his stuff is stock in-house with him, though, and he ships immediately upon receipt of your payment.
*BTW, you can run a search for Samurider on the forum to see a HUGE number of positive experiences from many, many of us.
Best of luck with your item, and be sure to show off what you got!
 
Pretty much everybody here has ordered from Samurider. Web bike is fine too, but Mr. T speaks English which makes things a lot easier. Webike uses (apparently) Google translate which makes things, well, occasionally hilarious.
 
He has the oddest ordering scheme I've ever seen or used. But items typically arrive very quickly, VERY quickly when you consider they are coming from Japan. Honda Accessories are typically very timely, but custom stuff (e.g. Comet fairing) that has to be made to order does take a bit longer; sometimes up to 6 weeks - your mileage will vary.
 
I got lucky with my RC1 faring. He told me it would take a few weeks, but then contacted me the next day saying that they had one ready to go and I had it within 3 days.
 
I ordered Honda OEM engine guards from Mr. T. IIRC, they arrived in about 4 days. I may not be remembering right, but I was truly surprised how quickly the parts arrived from Japan.
 
I'm not exactly sure why people are surprised stuff takes only a couple of days to get here from Japan... you can be anywhere in the world in about 24 hours, the hang up is customs, not the distance.
 
I've had things take longer coming from within the US, that's why it was surprising. And don't get me going about things coming and going from Canada (and customs is a real PITA there).
 
AzBob_imp said:
I'm not exactly sure why people are surprised stuff takes only a couple of days to get here from Japan... you can be anywhere in the world in about 24 hours, the hang up is customs, not the distance.
I put it down to the notion that many of the sort of people who are attracted to the CB1100 haven't quite grasped the idea of the aeroplane. :P
 
AzBob_imp said:
I'm not exactly sure why people are surprised stuff takes only a couple of days to get here from Japan... you can be anywhere in the world in about 24 hours, the hang up is customs, not the distance.
Well, we're not talking about individual travel here, we're talking about (government run) organizations handling the transit of packages which they have no investment in! And considering UPS often took two days to deliver packages from my office in downtown L.A. to a customer in Temple City - maybe 15 miles away - a couple of days from Japan to the U.S. sounds kinda like a minor miracle. ;)
 
I had an extremely good experience with Samurider. I ordered the EX spoke wheels. they sent everything needed plus a lot of good documentation. :)
 
treytexag_imp said:
I ordered Honda OEM engine guards from Mr. T. IIRC, they arrived in about 4 days. I may not be remembering right, but I was truly surprised how quickly the parts arrived from Japan.
It might be just because they were Honda OEM parts, but I went exactly through the same process as treytexag. Exchanged a couple of emails with Mr. T, paid using Paypal and, before I knew, the delivery guy was knocking at my door with a perfectly prepared package. Easy, reliable and fast delivery :thumbsup:
 
memphismike_imp said:
Has anyone in the USA ordered from SamuRider before? If so, about how long is normal wait/delivery on items? I really like their Windscreen they make for this bike. Also...any other dealers you recommend for accessories? Thank you.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mike, I ordered a Road Comet 1 from samurider on 4/18/16, received 6/6/16. Beautiful quality, really takes the bike to a new level.
No complaints about the process. Good luck. Crutch.
 
Ordered the chrome engine guards from a local honda mc dealer yesterday,should be here thurs.,(holiday weekend),dug around in the garage and found my old fiberglass Shoei saddlebags from my gone long ago 1975 CB500T bought as a leftover in 1976,looks like they'll bolt right up,the chrome bars on the bags are pretty rusty,probably paint them black and clear coat the faded black bags for some shine to match the bike.The brackets for the clip-on HD Sportster windshield won't allow the windshield to clear the instrument cluster so an inexpensive after market windshield will have to do,too bad,thought an extra set of brackets would let me equip 2 bikes with one windshield.
 
Back
Top