CB on the trailer

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
I watched with sadness as my DLX was carted off to the dealership today for some R&R. They're located 77 miles up the road but offer inexpensive pickup and delivery service. None of the nearby dealers do this. This is the same dealer that I bought my CB and Monkey from. They're an independent, family-owned, Honda-only dealer. No huge showroom, no e-store, no aftermarket accessories. My kind of place. Anyway, I hope they get to the bottom of my rear wheel issue (stiff to turn, grinding noises, etc.). They'll spoon on a new rear tire, change the clutch and brake fluid, and replace the headlight bulb while they're at it.

Anyway, watching them lash down my bike to their trailer and drive away felt like I was saying goodbye to an old friend.
 
It's good to treat them to some tender lovin care once in awhile. Good time to do it too.
 
Sounds an awful lot like my Honda dealer in Des Plaines. I didn't realize how good I had it until I saw stories here of other dealers.
 
I can imagine similar feelings if I saw the CB trailered away.

I hope the dealer finds the rear wheel issue for you.

Finally, thanks for the reminder that not all dealers are evil; the trouble with places like this is that you hear way more sad tales than happy ones.
 
Thread starter
They're good folks. They send me a birthday card each year with coupons and vouchers for free stuff, plus they send more goodies at Christmas. They pretty much have a blank cheque to make things right with my CB. I'm happy to patronize them.

The local BMW dealer, which is exclusively BMW, treats me the same. They're owned by a car dealership conglomerate, and their showroom is big, bright, and flashy, but you'd never know it. I receive service on a first name basis and they always take good care of me. That's all it takes!

Both of these places are farther than my closest dealers, but they've earned my business and loyalty.
 
How can that be? Isn’t the customer always right? :-/
 
EmptySea_imp said:
Sounds an awful lot like my Honda dealer in Des Plaines. I didn't realize how good I had it until I saw stories here of other dealers.
That's where I got my first (and second) 1993 Tahitian blue 750. I was not happy that they charged me an extra $100 for the blue paint, but I dealt with it. Then 1 week later they got me squared away after that first one was totaled when I went down in a parking lot in Milwaukee when a car unexpectedly turned in front of me and busted some fins off the head.

Thankfully I lived right around the corner from them at the time so getting everything worked out was not at all time consuming.
 
It is with some sadness I read about poor service from members local dealerships. My experience has been quite different. I haven't had a large sampling of different dealers. Because I am usually well prepared before I leave on an extended trip. Geeze, now I hope I haven't jinxed myself.

I have not had many on-the-road failures, non serious anyway. But two come immediately to mind. Both headlights burned out during a heavy rainstorm while riding in upstate New York. Binghampton Honda, a small Honda only shop slipped me into the repair que to get us back on the road. Quickly was not really necessary as it continued to rain, hail, and blow for a while.

After some spirited riding one Friday, in the Black Hills I discovered my rear tire had gone away far faster than I had thought it would. With 600 miles to ride home, it was clear the tire would not make it. The cause may have been the sharp chip seal used to maintain the roads in the area. It is sharp crushed rock. Rice Honda in Rapid City, South Dakota, a large full service dealership was able to get me in for the tire replacement early the next day; Saturday. And, gave me a sale price on the new tire.

My local dealer, MotoPrimo is a large multi brand dealer who routinely provides excellent service. There prices are not "Bargains" but very fair compared to my experiences with the local BMW MC dealer.

I see no harm in calling out a dealer who doesn't live up to the expectations we have of Honda Motors Service, But lets also be fair to those who do provide the expected outstanding service.

Ok. I'm off my soap box
Jim
 
Back
Top