CB 1300

OZZY_imp

First service completed
Thread starter


I have noticed some previous discussion on the CB1300 on this forum. This was my bike. (If the picture works) Compared to the 1100 it was very different, feels more like a modern bike with 17 inch wheels and wider tyres not as sweet handling and felt heavier. Very well finished typically Honda. Didn't sell well in Australia just like the 1100. Very grunty but the water cooled engine lacks the character of the 1100. In all the 1100 is a sweeter bike IMO.
 
Wow, I like that bike! The cradle frame, traditional swingarm and suspension, the high handlebars, and the low/forward pegs make it look like an all-day comfortable superbike. If they sold them here I might be looking for a high-performance "brother" for the 1100!

I'm surprised the Ozzies didn't like it; it seems like it would be right up their "naked-bike" alley. Then again, they seem to be wrapped up in the same "Adventure Bike" fad the rest of the world is following. Suzuki sells all the VStroms they can import over there.
 
Nice looking bike, and probably a very nice ride, but looks a bit " modern". Would probably make a sweet sport tourer though.
 
I love the big retro/mod standards by Yamaha, Honda, Suzuki, and the dearly departed ZRX1200 Kawasaki. Popular in Europe but not available here.
 
People are fickle. We finally talk the manufactures to import something because it is uber cool. Normal folks yawn and they sell like crap. Five to eight years later people finally "get it" and they become cult bikes.

I hope that happens to the CB1100 'cause I can't afford a GB500 and can't find a WR650.:D
 
Thread starter
The Spaceman_imp said:
Wow, I like that bike! The cradle frame, traditional swingarm and suspension, the high handlebars, and the low/forward pegs make it look like an all-day comfortable superbike. If they sold them here I might be looking for a high-performance "brother" for the 1100!

I'm surprised the Ozzies didn't like it; it seems like it would be right up their "naked-bike" alley. Then again, they seem to be wrapped up in the same "Adventure Bike" fad the rest of the world is following. Suzuki sells all the VStroms they can import over there.
Yeah I don't really get it either the Triumph Bonneville is a really good seller and you would think the CB1100 would of sold really well even to people who were updating from those, wanting a bit of extra performance. I think it comes down to marketing, it was totally non existant for both the 1300 and the 1100. A few adds harking back to the good ol days and a few accessories would of made all the difference to sales I believe.

Honda seem to have a bit of an identity crisis here the VFR1200 has been a massive failure, they were 25000 when released, you can now buy one brand new for under 17000. The 800 crossrunner was 15000 now they are just over 10000. Likewise the CB1100 was 15000 and the last ones were cleared at under 11000.

This sort of discounting leaves a nasty taste in many peoples mouths particularly those who paid full price. As for the CB becoming sort after a few years down the track I reckon it definitely will, it is too good of bike not to and by the time the masses realise that they will be hard to find. Also it is a great bike as basis for custom builds.

The 1000s retro Moto Guzzi is a classic example from years ago they couldn't sell them here now they are bringing big money.

Our last CB's were 2011 models and last week on our main bikesales web site there were only 2 for sale in the country the last new ones sold only a couple of months ago. Another big factor is the massive accessories range that has now opened up through Japan all those goodies make for some really cool looking bikes out there and people start asking WHERE CAN I GET ONE OF THOSE!!! :clap:
 
Naked bikes don't last long here in the USA. They ONLY reason I sold my Suzuki B-King was due to the lack of aftermarket and factory support for her here in the US.

Full faired sportbikes and Harley clones rule supreme :(
 
The new ride of my daughter is a naked CB 1300 '03.

f8f1e38a910800b12ccfbf913316539b.jpg


503c64d1f77e7be02011607d7b0804b9.jpg


We plan to do an one week ride together to Croatia, Montenegro this June (~3,500 km). Looking forward.

Hm, I think this complete thread belongs to Other Bikes...
 
you were right Django so I moved it.

Your daughter is a lucky girl. You going to be able to keep up with her? lol
 
Wow this is fantastic :) I used to have a 2008 with half fairing, still regret the day I had to sell it.
It's not as nimble as the CBF but she'll probably leave you in the dust :) As I recall it was hard to keep the front wheel on the pavement... Have fun:excited:
 
The naked 1300 looks a lot like the 919, another bike I've always liked. Except for the way the exhaust was routed up under the edges of the seat.
 
Django, you and your daughter are both very lucky. :thumbsup:
 
a CB13 is my 2nd runner-up dream bike next to a CBX and a 75 Goldwing. A bit of customization and it has so much potential. TBH it might be easier to find/buy a CB13 in good condition than either of my other two dream bikes.
 
Back
Top