Cast wheels 18 inch on 2017 CB1100EX with Spoke wheels

supruet_imp

New to the forum
Thread starter
I am wondering if it is possible to retrofit 2017 CB1100EX which comes with 18” spoke wheels from factory with pre-2017 18” cast wheels.

Tire sizes are difficult to find but having inner tubes is even harder.
 
supruet_imp said:
I am wondering if it is possible to retrofit 2017 CB1100EX which comes with 18” spoke wheels from factory with pre-2017 18” cast wheels.

Tire sizes are difficult to find but having inner tubes is even harder.
Just because your 2017 EX has tubes does not mean you need a tube-type tire. You can run tubeless tires with a tube, and 2017 EX wire wheels can be converted to tubeless. Tires ~ Converting tube to tubeless type.

For US models at least, the 2013 wheels (silver with black spokes) had different size rear axles, and the wheel cannot be easily adapted. 2014 Standard (black wheels) and 2014 Deluxe (silver wheels) use the same size rear axles.

However, converting them is very expensive, and the rear wheel speed sensor is incompatible between 2014-2017. Wire Wheel / Cast Wheel Swap
 
I swapped the cast wheels on my 2014 for the 2017 spoke wheels. So yes, it is possible. I still have the front cast wheel that I would sell pretty cheap if you'd like.
 
Jimbo_imp said:
I swapped the cast wheels on my 2014 for the 2017 spoke wheels. So yes, it is possible. I still have the front cast wheel that I would sell pretty cheap if you'd like.
Jimbo, just curious if your front wheel is a black or silver one?

Also, did you have any issues with the rear speed sensor?

I swapped my 2017 tank for a black 2014 one. Sounds like we went completely opposite ways, but both happy.
 
pekingduck_imp said:
Jimbo_imp said:
I swapped the cast wheels on my 2014 for the 2017 spoke wheels. So yes, it is possible. I still have the front cast wheel that I would sell pretty cheap if you'd like.
Jimbo, just curious if your front wheel is a black or silver one?

Also, did you have any issues with the rear speed sensor?

I swapped my 2017 tank for a black 2014 one. Sounds like we went completely opposite ways, but both happy.
Jimbo, just curious if your front wheel is a black or silver one?

Also, did you have any issues with the rear speed sensor?

I swapped my 2017 tank for a black 2014 one. Sounds like we went completely opposite ways, but both happy.
try emailing him pd (info available by clicking on his name). He hasn't been on the forum since Feb 9 of 2022
 
Back
Top