Cardo PackTalk Bold

riggies_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Just fitted one of these on a Shoei RF1200. Super simple to get going and the new voice activated features work amazing, better then Siri on my iPhone. The JBL speakers sounds pretty good, about as good as ear buds but much more comfortable.

Haven’t tried the mesh communications yet because I have no friends with a motorcycle right now (which makes you wonder why I bought it) but everything else has worked awesome.
 
:rofl: all mic'd up and no one to talk to
 
riggies_imp said:
Just fitted one of these on a Shoei RF1200. Super simple to get going and the new voice activated features work amazing, better then Siri on my iPhone. The JBL speakers sounds pretty good, about as good as ear buds but much more comfortable.

Haven’t tried the mesh communications yet because I have no friends with a motorcycle right now (which makes you wonder why I bought it) but everything else has worked awesome.

I just got mine yesterday. Setup was pretty easy. You’re right about the voice activated features, it’s a huge plus. It took a few tries to get the speakers set up, but the sound is great.
You’re not alone—I have no one to communicate with either.
696967fcbbb491ec6c3cfed29440193d.png



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I got the built in sena with my neotech II, didn't think I'd like it or it'd be a big deal, but it really does add a whole new element when riding with a buddy.

Rode to St Louis (400 miles round trip) last weekend just to eat a free Braut at the dealership, then ride home...talking the whole way....from talking about traffic moves to telling jokes....definitely made time pass faster.
 
Just to understand: If you say something like, "Okay Google, ... fastest route nearest coffee shop" is interpreted clearly the first time while riding at speed? (using Cardo/Sena, etc.)
 
chandler_imp said:
Cobalt23_imp said:
I like some of you generally ride by myself. So are you guys getting these to listen to music?

Yes, this is a big reason for me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, this is a big reason for me.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have the Sena Evo20 and yes, music is a big part but also gps with my phone, it helps to hear it too so your not constantly glancing at the screen. And having the use of the phone for making and receiving calls is great. I haven't used the bluetooth linking much but it worked well when I did and was a definite plus.
 
I dunno. I like listening to music when I'm riding in traffic or on easy roads, and I could stand the idea of talking to some of my riding companions, but taking phone calls on the bike?
 
I think I'm with you on this, Cormanus at least in as much as I don't see myself taking calls will riding. I can see the benefit, though of making/receiving a call when stopped and not having to remove my helmet. I like the Cardo because of the dynamic mesh technology, but I wouldn't be taking advantage of the JBL speakers because I'd like to incorporate the Bose NC earbuds.
 
GoldOxide_imp said:
Just to understand: If you say something like, "Okay Google, ... fastest route nearest coffee shop" is interpreted clearly the first time while riding at speed? (using Cardo/Sena, etc.)

On my CB, Cardo hears my commands just fine at interstate speeds. On my DR650 with knobbies, I have to yell a little at interstate speeds for it to understand clearly. Still, the convenience is a huge benefit for me. I wouldn’t want to make long phone calls, but my wife called me Saturday while I was twisting my way through the North Georgia mountains and it was great being able to answer the phone to give her a quick answer about something. I’m still learning all of the voice controls and incorporating Siri, but I’m really happy with it so far.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
EmptySea, I think one of the advantages of the Cardo system is that you can plug headphones into it.
 
I love the Neotech 2 as a helmet and have yet to add the comms unit. There’s so much negative talk about the Sena that I just haven’t brought myself to spend the $300. Your post has me reconsidering. One of my riding buddies has another brand; the rest of us go without. I’m thinking we all need to get on board, but what reliable unit is out there? Are you still liking your Sena long term?
 
Funfactor_imp said:
I love the Neotech 2 as a helmet and have yet to add the comms unit. There’s so much negative talk about the Sena that I just haven’t brought myself to spend the $300. Your post has me reconsidering. One of my riding buddies has another brand; the rest of us go without. I’m thinking we all need to get on board, but what reliable unit is out there? Are you still liking your Sena long term?

I've been researching this for some time and have found fewer complaints on the Cardo units than on the Senas. I've also heard many more compliments about the sound quality of the Cardo than of the Sena. It's not scientific, but I thought I'd toss it out there.
 
I recently acquired a Cardo Freedom 2+ for cheap and so far it has exceeded my expectation. Mind you, my expectation was not high, but it seems to work well enough for my purposes which include:

* GPS prompts
* Take calls (if necessary)
* Listen to news or music (not often)

I can actually hear the thing in the helmet.

I have not linked with other riders yet.
 
I can't speak for the Cardo units as I've never tried one but I do like my Sena. Easy to use, good sound quality and reliable. I'm constantly getting surprised remarks from people when talking on the phone. They can't believe I'm riding on a bike. Even when I'm on the VTX which with Cobra pipes is quite a bit louder than the CB. I'm wearing the Shoei RF1200 helmet which I guess creates somewhat of a cocooning quality for the sound but still...
 
Back
Top