Red Mist_imp
Been there
Back in January we had an unusually warm day, and I took it out. Going around a turn I lost traction because I hit the throttle too hard. .Firstfour_imp said:Back in January we had an unusually warm day, and I took it out. Going around a turn I lost traction because I hit the throttle too hard. .lccb1100a_imp said:Back in January we had an unusually warm day, and I took it out. Going around a turn I lost traction because I hit the throttle too hard. I tried to get it back up, but I couldn't and I wound up going down and slamming into the curb head first. Luckily the curb was at a 45 degree angle and not 90 degrees or it would have been much worse for the bike and for me. I was just bruised, but the whole front of the bike was smashed in. I waited about 2 months before I even called to get it repaired, and now it's been about 5 weeks and it's still not done. It's rideable, but no speedo, and it won't go over 6000 RPM, so that's no fun.HikerToo_imp said:What happen by BTW?
The mechanic said the needle does sweep when powered up. Meter is brand new and sensor is working fine. Signal is getting into the antilock brake box. Ugh!
The mechanic said the needle does sweep when powered up. Meter is brand new and sensor is working fine. Signal is getting into the antilock brake box. Ugh!TINK_imp said:The speedo uses the rear wheel sensor, your shop guy will need to troubleshoot the meter and the rear wheel sensor connections.
Q: When you turn on the key does the speedo needle sweep? If not start looking for bad connections at the meter.
Another refutation of the "underpowered" nature of the CB1100.
Another refutation of the "underpowered" nature of the CB1100. No ****e. This bike is just fine as delivered and by the way it is NOT a beginner's bike. It is just now starting to get my attention and after just spending an entire day wringing out my GSX-R on the racetrack, the fact the CB1100 is still very interesting is saying something.