A few days earlier, I saw a thread posted by a member who was unable to attach his helmet (equipped with the European" ratchet style) to his bike, however, I cannot locate this thread anymore so I am starting a new one.
This thread mentioned of not being able to attach the helmet to the bike as it is equipped with the "European ratchet" style strap rather than the DOT approved "D" ring.
Peter Barron has the solution and gave me one "T" adaptor to allow me to attach my helmet to the bike. (my new HJC modular RPHA helmet is also equipped with the ratchet style strap).
Peter has been using the "T" adaptor for quite a while and is happy with it.
Since then, I modified a "T" bracket ($0.50) from local hardware store (trim the "T" a bit) to do the same job as per attached picture.
Hope this help
Thanks PB
Regards
Alain
Picture with Helmet attached using "T" adaptor
This thread mentioned of not being able to attach the helmet to the bike as it is equipped with the "European ratchet" style strap rather than the DOT approved "D" ring.
Peter Barron has the solution and gave me one "T" adaptor to allow me to attach my helmet to the bike. (my new HJC modular RPHA helmet is also equipped with the ratchet style strap).
Peter has been using the "T" adaptor for quite a while and is happy with it.
Since then, I modified a "T" bracket ($0.50) from local hardware store (trim the "T" a bit) to do the same job as per attached picture.
Hope this help
Thanks PB
Regards
Alain
Picture with Helmet attached using "T" adaptor