Canister removal

Feelergaugephil_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hi,
Has anyone removed the stock canister?
I ask, because I had a BMW K1200 and the canister was a big issue with back feeding the gas tank and contaminating the fuel pump then fuel pump failure..
Just wondering if anyone here has disconnected it..
THX.
 
Feelergaugephil_imp said:
Hi,
Has anyone removed the stock canister?
I ask, because I had a BMW K1200 and the canister was a big issue with back feeding the gas tank and contaminating the fuel pump then fuel pump failure..
Just wondering if anyone here has disconnected it..
THX.
Hmmm.... I thought the vapor from canister goes into airbox, not returning back into tank.
 
You are mostly correct Zirconxi. Vapors in the tank are gathered by the EVAP Canister. When the EVAP purge control valve is open vapors are drawn into the Throttle Body. There is a drawing and explanation of this in the service manual.
 
Back
Top