Canadian VIN

Cormanus

Administrator
Staff member
Thread starter
I wonder whether some of our Canadian members would humour me and tell me the ninth number of their VIN—that is, JH2SC65* and the year of their bike? I'm interested in how they are different from US VINs and in any difference between 2013, 2014, 2016 and 2017.

PM me if you don't want to disclose it on the forum.
 
Cormanus, are you asking for the number where the asterisk is? Cause I'm counting that as position 8. Maybe they count differently in Canada? :)
 
Thread starter
Oh dear, popgun, arithmetic was never my long suit. Indeed I mean position 8. Where the asterisk is. Thanks for pointing out my ineptitude. Apologies all.

Rocky, thank you. That helps.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Cormanus, are you asking for the number where the asterisk is? Cause I'm counting that as position 8. Maybe they count differently in Canada? :)
:rofl: :rofl: I noticed that too, but let it slide and went to the next digit - and BTW we count the same as everyone else :D
I went to digit 9 because that's what he asked for, but it so happenes that my VIN has a 2 for both 8 and 9 so what I gave is valid.
 
Mine is also 2.

The Owners Manual is confusing because it refers to models CB1100 CA and CB1100 NA.

I had to look at the tire sizes to realize the CA is the EX model with 18 inch wheels, and NA the RS model with 17 inch wheels.
 
Thread starter
Thank you Rocky and Nortoon. Makes sense, I guess, that Canada is SC652 when the US is SC651.

It's this Australian, who should count the same as Canadians and Americans, who can't!
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Thank you Rocky and Nortoon. Makes sense, I guess, that Canada is SC652 when the US is SC651.

It's this Australian, who should count the same as Canadians and Americans, who can't!
Yes, SC652 is correct for Canada.
 
Back
Top