Can someone with a power commander on a 6-speed bike check something for me?

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Just had mine plugged into my desktop computer and the power commander software open. I noticed at the top of the screen it says gears one, two, three, four, five.

Never paid any attention to that before but now I wonder if it is reading how many gears from the software on the ECU and even though my bike is a six speed I did have Don Guhl flash the ECU so wonder if he is using the same base map that he possibly made off of a 2013 model???

The 2014 has different software than the 2013 and more than just how many gears the bike has.

Given how uncommon these bikes are it would be very easy for him to have not known that and just think the same software will work across all the years.

So if someone with a power commander and a six speed can plug in and open up the software and just check the top of the screen real quick for me, I would really appreciate it.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Hey PD, I have a 2014 6 speed PC5 with the base map listed for the yoshimira slip on. Just went down and plugged it in and mine only reads 1 through 5 gears too. Pretty shore that map was listed for a 2014
 
Dubs I had heart surgery a few days ago and can't lift the laptop but if noone gets back to you I will have a friend plug my PCV into my laptop and check for you.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
mvk24_imp said:
Dubs I had heart surgery a few days ago and can't lift the laptop but if noone gets back to you I will have a friend plug my PCV into my laptop and check for you.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Hey, heart surgery is no fun. Get better real quick.
 
Nachodaddy_imp said:
mvk24_imp said:
Dubs I had heart surgery a few days ago and can't lift the laptop but if noone gets back to you I will have a friend plug my PCV into my laptop and check for you.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
Hey, heart surgery is no fun. Get better real quick.
Hey, heart surgery is no fun. Get better real quick. Thanks Nacho, just real sore but sooner or later I'll be back on the darn bike lol.

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thanks Nacho, just real sore but sooner or later I'll be back on the darn bike lol.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

:thumbsup::beerchug:
 
Geez, get well soon, mvk24.
 
Thanks Cormanus, sorry dubs I didn't mean to hijack the thread

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Thread starter
Hey- my hobby is waaay less important than your health!! I hope you feel better soon!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Hey- my hobby is waaay less important than your health!! I hope you feel better soon!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks Dubs, any update on the bike?? Is this a replacement PCV you're playing with or did you get the old one to turn on

2014 CB1100, 1981 KZ440 LTD, 1993 Yamaha XJ600 Seca, 1994 Yamaha XJ600 Seca
 
Back
Top