Can Someone Measure Handlebar Length for Canyon Dancer 2?

PJV_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Want to go buy a CB1100 and want to get Canyon Dancer 2 to transport tie down front of the bike. But they come in different sizes?
 
PJV_imp said:
Want to go buy a CB1100 and want to get Canyon Dancer 2 to transport tie down front of the bike. But they come in different sizes?
32.25" Looks like the Canyon Dancer 32505 Black Bar-Harness II for 32" Bars is the one you need.
 
meowguy_imp said:
PJV_imp said:
Want to go buy a CB1100 and want to get Canyon Dancer 2 to transport tie down front of the bike. But they come in different sizes?
32.25" Looks like the Canyon Dancer 32505 Black Bar-Harness II for 32" Bars is the one you need.
32.25" Looks like the Canyon Dancer 32505 Black Bar-Harness II for 32" Bars is the one you need.
Just my opinion, but I would never use the canyon dancers. I have heard of too many handlebars being bent. There is quite a bit of leverage put on the end of the bars when a bike is tied down. Instead, I use soft ties that can be attached at various places on the bike, depending on the individual circumstances.

Canyon Dancers must work very well for many people or else they wouldn't have been around this long, but I would suggest you use them with caution or try soft ties.

Chris
 
I would think normal tie-downs attached much closer to the triple clamps would work just fine. But more importantly, how far are you going to purchase the CB1100? It must be quite a trip!
 
Thread starter
about 150 miles! I just wanted an easier way to transport bikes in my pick up. I went with the canyone dancer 36" so it can be used on any bike I own or WILL own, thanks
 
How exactly do you get your bike up into the pickup truck? That whole process looks kind of frightful to me.

My dealer has a loading dock with a ramp, but I don't have one of those at home. I have seen horrific videos of people trying to do this unsuccessfully.
 
Back
Top