CAN AM Spyder

peterbaron

Road warrior
Thread starter
Would like to know if any member, member's friend or relative recently has/had one, and if can share their personal experience & opinion about Spyder quality, reliability, problems & repairs... Please be informative.
Not interested in links to google reviews....etc
Thanks to all who responded.

8b18bca85a2800d766169cde25705d18.jpg

:)
 
I sat on one recently. :-/

My 2 cents is very limited, however, they definitely feel "heavy" to handle, but not far unlike a small cage. The saddle is something that I reckon I can do all day long.

- - -

Unrelated: At the same time I spoke to some harder core HD riders who are getting too on to handle two wheels upright. They seem to think they prefer a HD trike (one front wheel, two rear cage-like wheels). But why were they evaluating the Spyder?
 
Seen a couple at Guzzi rally's. One has his wife on one, another, for some reason he could not hold a bike up so as a couple they ride a Can Am. Nothing but good to say about them. Perhaps because they can stay in the wind.
 
I follwed one about 6 miles up a curvy road once. THe guy seemed to have real trouble making the curves, but it may have been new to him.

I've ridden Harley Trikes and of course Honda 3 wheel ATV's and both of them steer um differently
 
Thread starter
Riding Spyder and bike = totally different, counter-steering/push has no or little effect. Different for car, bike and Spyder
 
peterbaron_imp said:
Riding Spyder and bike = totally different, counter-steering/push has no or little effect. Different for car, bike and Spyder
... and those three-wheeled ATVs I am sure.

- - -

Did you ride one PB?

Yeah, different counter-steering for sure on Spyder ... can't get the gyroscopic effect like on a two-wheeled vehicle.
 
Now the Aprilia Scooter and the new Yamaha Niken ride normally. I have ridden the Aprilia scooter.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Now the Aprilia Scooter and the new Yamaha Niken ride normally. I have ridden the Aprilia scooter.
Are you referring to the Piaggio MP3 by chance? (Piaggio owns Aprilia, and Moto Guzzi :dodgy:)

If so, yeah, neat engineering with the leaning suspension.
 
Thread starter
Spyder riding is kind similar to a quad.. did not ride yet but study, search and analyze spyder forums & problems for some time ....
 
At least Bombardier doesn't need government assistance to keep the Spyder in production. Seems demand is steady.

- - -

I have to say, when they zoom by the engine/exhaust note is quite good.
 
i dont like gymnastics exercises that i get fine fluently curves.....

leaning of the vehicle self is a must

this spyder: like quads to little gauge - to short length for this high (center of gravity)......its not the design like a slingshot from polaris

 
GoldOxide_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Now the Aprilia Scooter and the new Yamaha Niken ride normally. I have ridden the Aprilia scooter.
Are you referring to the Piaggio MP3 by chance? (Piaggio owns Aprilia, and Moto Guzzi :dodgy:)

If so, yeah, neat engineering with the leaning suspension.
Are you referring to the Piaggio MP3 by chance? (Piaggio owns Aprilia, and Moto Guzzi :dodgy:)

If so, yeah, neat engineering with the leaning suspension.
Yes Piaggio MP3 but the name escaped me last night lol. My local dealer took one in on trade and let me take it for a test ride. Pretty interesting. I'll ride a Niken when they get one in.
 
Back
Top