Cams, Compression, Head Work?

boynton6spd_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Anybody know of a company that sells engine components to increase our horsepower?

Before I get bashed on here, I understand the bike is not a crotch rocket and a gentleman's bike etc...I just find the performance a little underwhelming.

Helpful responses are appreciated.
 
Haven't really seen that much. On member had custom cams made. That plus his other mods got him to ~100hp on the dyno.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Haven't really seen that much. On member had custom cams made. That plus his other mods got him to ~100hp on the dyno.

Yea. Last dyno it made 103whp, and over 75 wheel tq.

Here is an overlay to give a rough idea compared to a stock bike.

You can see as you rev it out- she really starts to move.


1f5057761d0634763afc091828a1de1b.jpg
 
Thread starter
Nice Gains!
What all did you do?
How does it feel when riding?


PowerDubs_imp said:
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Haven't really seen that much. On member had custom cams made. That plus his other mods got him to ~100hp on the dyno.

Yea. Last dyno it made 103whp, and over 75 wheel tq.

Here is an overlay to give a rough idea compared to a stock bike.

You can see as you rev it out- she really starts to move.


1f5057761d0634763afc091828a1de1b.jpg

Yea. Last dyno it made 103whp, and over 75 wheel tq.

Here is an overlay to give a rough idea compared to a stock bike.

You can see as you rev it out- she really starts to move.


4f206b4315240fa9ea3c58243b124aec.jpg
 
Added some unifilter airbox vents, bored out the plastic velocity stacks, had custom cams made, full exhaust, fuel and ign adjusted.

Feels the same as stock, until you get on the throttle.

It's not going to change the 'mood' or demeanor of the bike even then- just wakes it up and pulls harder.
 
No.

I am just letting more air into the filter, without the additional noise removing the stock snorkel and adding the TSR plate makes.

The closed end of the stock air filter has a gasket and pushes against the air box.

So- cut out the metal portion inside the gasket, and open up that side of the airbox = more airflow, add fuel = more power.

I chose to put filters in, not because they are needed- but it is cleaner than just a hole and I used to use these on dirtbikes and quads when I was a kid.


0815028c172fd905b224076a5b80802a.jpg


c50f80fb284b3c2bdd4e7294afdc67cb.jpg


eb4bf3f3fcce5598d9973b72db27af52.jpg


4ada1a1aaddb40cc767fe535cf86a6f3.jpg


30073540f7b0cd668ca5dada7ae8a298.jpg


7766a013b20493d171f0ee9f6f269d7a.jpg


a9d999ef0cf8ea7abb098e87b70e77d1.jpg



I threw one in the snorkel bowl for fun as well-

d9924c7ad70ddc0c7868b7f09741289c.jpg




419edb0523cc45aa95ec0409d03aea70.jpg
 
This is what I did. Noticeable gains but no documentation. I might have found a shop to dyno it... but first they will tune my XL600 I built.

Anyhow back to your question... here is what I did to mine and I will never regret it. But you may have a hard time finding the parts now.

INTAKE SYSTEM
• TSR Air Intake Funnel. Required the removal of the original air snorkel. I would not run the bike in the poring rain.
• TSR Air Funnel Kit. Original Intake Funnels at the Carbs were removed and slight modifications to Air Box required for the fitment of the TSR Funnels. Must remove the Air Box for installation.
• K&N Air Filter.
• Air Plates installed on top of Valve Cover. These block the excess air to the Exhaust for emissions. These are required to stop the engine popping on deceleration due to the mods done.
• ECU was reprogramed to remove the Top Speed Limiter and new Fuel Profile was added for all modifications by Home - Guhl Motors

EXHAUST SYSTEM
• Yoshimura full exhaust system replaced the original system.
 
Back
Top