Calendar Girls

misterprofessionality

Road warrior
Thread starter
Howdy everyone!

Since my earliier post about building an official CB1100 Forum Calendar seems to have garnered a moderate amount of support, I've decided to move forward with collecting images which could be used on the monthly feature pages. Submissions will remain open until the end of October. I'll announce an extension if it looks like we can get more good quality photos after the 31st though.

What I need from you, the users: high quality photographs of your CB1100 that express what you love about your bike. Use the best camera you can and shoot photos in the HIGHEST resolution you can. Be as artistic as you like, and focus on the bike. I want bikes from all categories, European/Asian/Australian/Canadian/American models, as many colors and styles as possible. I want Custom bikes, I want Dirty bikes, I want every kind of CB1100. Unique submissions will get the most weight. Users are encouraged to submit more than one shot from different angles if possible. Finally, high quality pictures of groups of CB1100's are also accepted, because that would be a great submission too.

What will be done with these images: 12 bikes will be selected from everything that gets submitted....at least I hope we get at least 12 :rofl:. these 12 bikes will each be featured on one month of the calendar. The forum signature, or else a favorite quote from the user will also be featured on that month. On top of that, the Birthday of the user who's submission is chosen will be placed on the calendar. The selection process will be mostly subjective, open to the input from the forum, but ultimately down to what benefits the quality calendar as a whole. Once all the images are selected and arranged a final proof of the calendar will go up on the forum for everybody's consideration.

What not to do: Please don't submit photos that have already shown up on this forum anywhere. I could potentially build this entire calendar by shovelling through the massive library of great photos on the CB1100 photos board, But I wanted to feature new photos from current users and make something fresh. I always want to encourage involvement, and give people a chance to go out and take new photos off their beloved bike. Also, please do not submit any photos that focus more on the rider than the bike. Riders can appear in their photos, but we're looking for bikes here, so that's what the photos should focus on. **important note** Iif you have existing//old photos that are great but have never been posted on the forum, those are perfectly fine to submit.

Some examples of photos that would make it into the calendar, just to give you an idea of what's possible:









Of course, all these great shots are already on the forum, so they're disqualified, but they're undeniably high quality shots, featuring a lot of variation, and focused on the bikes.

Any submissions should be sent to my email, misterprofessionality@gmail.com. Be sure to attach the full resolution copy of the photo, no compressed images.

If you want to float your pictures before submitting them, you're also welcome to post them here, i promise not to disqualify them :thumbsup: Also, feel free to ask questions of discuss the calendar here as well.

I can't wait to see what everybody sends!
 
Misterprofessionality,
Do you have a preference for landscape or portrait format? What aspect ratios would you prefer?
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
Adam , can you make an "official " buyers list ? Thanks .
I've been keeping track of those who expressed a desire to buy one, but I'm hesitant to ask people for a firm commitment until they can at least see the proofs. If you want me to document anybody who has expressed that they'd like to buy one I can publish it in the other thread.
spechg_imp said:
Misterprofessionality,
Do you have a preference for landscape or portrait format? What aspect ratios would you prefer?
That's actually a great question. Many photos could end up cropped or used in creative ways depending on how they're taken. Landscape is your best bet, but cellphone shots can also be used as long as you send me more than just one shot and they're sufficiently well taken.

short answer: take both landscape AND portrait shots for best results. remember to take pictures from different angles so that we have variety.
 
Thread starter
Youre free to put girls in your photos but im worried the focus of the calendar will shift somewhat. Though sales may increase...

PDubs: I want your bike in this calendar. It's too unique not to be photographed.
 
Thread starter
Boo, it'll never be "finished." There's always going to be something new to do to it. Document it now and then do it again next year and the year after that. Your progress will be immortalized.
 
Thread starter
Here's the promised progress update:

26dc4105d3421537c9a72120f9666938.png


This is a lower res proof of the cover art I've been working on. Trying to keep it simple. What does everybody think?

P.S. I couldn't help but select a cover image that included a good shot of an installed RLET.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Here's the promised progress update:

26dc4105d3421537c9a72120f9666938.png


This is a lower res proof of the cover art I've been working on. Trying to keep it simple. What does everybody think?

P.S. I couldn't help but select a cover image that included a good shot of an installed RLET.
I like it.
 
Whew! Very nice snap Tommy.
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Here's the promised progress update:

26dc4105d3421537c9a72120f9666938.png


This is a lower res proof of the cover art I've been working on. Trying to keep it simple. What does everybody think?

P.S. I couldn't help but select a cover image that included a good shot of an installed RLET.
:thumbsup: Ya baby.
 
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Speaking of which, where's your photo contribution TB? You have a very unique bike.
I'll submit some photos before deadline, don't worry, don't know if they'll be good enough for the calendar, but I'll definitely try. Thing is have been in the Netherlands for the last 3 days since we started talking about this and I don't really have access to my CB here. Happy to say I'm going home to warm up today
3689f487a6d3d121c22c85dd7bfc1313.png
I'm freezing here

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Back
Top