Cafe handlebars that work

bix_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Finally lowered my bars. Wasn’t liking any of the clip-on options I was seeing, especially with the tank clearance issues.

So far, I adore these steel Speed Merchant old-style racing bars. Much lower, and less wide, than the TypeII stock bars. Hand position is super comfortable (for me) and they seem custom made for this bike (2013 ABS). I'm still getting 3/8” tank clearance at full lock, and everything fits around the cowl perfectly. Didn’t need to shorten brake or clutch cables. I did need to drill them for the nubs on the controls (super easy). Really love the lines these bars create.

Bars:
3849594e90abd179fa0e73cdd8175496.


Profile:
219e39d336e38c1060e9a4cd02d65022.


Tank clearance (full lock):
446e8e91d3600a04b46e8cb6614274e2.


I got them here:
Amazon Link
 
Those are really cool. I usually don't like clubman style bars, but the swoopieness of these makes them look awesome from every angle.
 
Not my style, but I think they look good.
 
Bix...Nice looking bike all around. The CB in my mind is a great stock platform to begin the transition towards a café. With just some basic mods many folks on this forum have turned out some great looking bikes of that genre. I really like those bars. If I didn't already have another bike in the café style I'd be ordering these tomorrow. That and the fact the CB with its stock bars is just such a comfortable ride for me I hate to mess with it. When you have the time please post up a couple of 3 quarter profile shots from the front and back on the exhaust side. I'd really like to get a better view of those bars and the fairing. Borrowing from The Dude here..."Those bars really tie the bike together"
 
Thread starter
Rebel73_imp said:
Looks real nice. Any vibration issues?
Thanks! I don't notice any vibration issues. Never really have on this bike. Engine and suspension are so smooth.
Frulk_imp said:
Bix...Nice looking bike all around. The CB in my mind is a great stock platform to begin the transition towards a café. With just some basic mods many folks on this forum have turned out some great looking bikes of that genre. I really like those bars. If I didn't already have another bike in the café style I'd be ordering these tomorrow. That and the fact the CB with its stock bars is just such a comfortable ride for me I hate to mess with it. When you have the time please post up a couple of 3 quarter profile shots from the front and back on the exhaust side. I'd really like to get a better view of those bars and the fairing. Borrowing from The Dude here..."Those bars really tie the bike together"
Hey, thanks! Let me know if these are the angles you were asking for?

3/4 back:

3b11e6092deff9699730eb461287b79a.


3/4 front:

cde5d50c79bf8d6860657730554716ea.
 
Back
Top