Buzzy?

Capo

Road warrior
Thread starter
OK, now that riding season is here, I'm out and about whenever possible, and swapping across bikes regularly. Over the winter, I added the K&N cafe seat, Staintune silencer, and the Honda rack. Now, I'm not generally picky when it comes to motorbike vibrations ( I own a friggin' Norton P11, which is a jackhammer,) but I can swear that the CB1100 has become markedly more buzzy through the seat and bars from 3000- 7000 RPM's since last year when i bought it.

I'm not maligning the bike...I never noticed it beyond a mild sensation before, and it doesn't disqualify the CB as a wonderful machine. I'm just looking for any common or counter thoughts from the forum. Is it possible that the seat, pipe and/ or rack might contribute to the, seemingly, new- found vibratory sensations? I'll start experimenting soon, but looking for input first...
 
Capo,

I have noticed similar things. This is from when the bike was stock. Usually the bike is very smooth with no vibration in the bars ,pegs or tank when i first go out on the bike. When i stop for fuel, rest etc. I sometimes find there's more vibration starting my second leg of my ride. The modification made to the bike has not made this better or worse. The habits of the bike change from one day to the next. Not sure what causes this but its noticeable.
 
Oil your chain. I'm not saying this will definitely reduce your sensation of vibration, but I notice my CB1100 rides smoother with nicely oiled chain.
 
Thread starter
xpacpal1x_imp said:
Oil your chain. I'm not saying this will definitely reduce your sensation of vibration, but I notice my CB1100 rides smoother with nicely oiled chain.
It's nice and oily, but I'm going to check the slack. I tightened it, as the low- speed snatch was getting to me, perhaps it is too tight. Or too loose....?
 
maybe retightening the modifications you've installed on the bike would help? loose parts could generate vibrations... Also check engine bolts for tightness just in case. Vibes for me start at 75mph below that speed its tolerable. Goodluck!
 
I have found my bike is getting smoother as she breaks in which leads me to believe something else, like loose fasteners suggested above, are the source of your vibrations.
 
Lol ACK. Lol
Hiker my wife's cousin lives in Delaware. He and his wife coming down the 4th of July week. He loves Mississippi and thinks we have a lot of land! Loves to eat out catfish :). He works at a bank he just traded in a ford truck 10 years old for a new truck. His old truck had 8,000 miles lol. He drives about 1 mile to work! We have county's bigger than Delaware :). I got to say this:: YOU OLE YANKIES!!! Lol
 
It could be the added "sound" vibes from the Staintune along with how it is mounted compared to stock since the Staintune is a lot smaller and lighter mass.

I noticed on past bikes that the increased sound (which is what you're after) tends to add a bit of vibe to the bike, yeah, for sure on Harley's but also on other bikes I had like a Suzuki Bandit with a Yosh can or a Triumph Sprint RS with a Scorpion can.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Thread starter
While no doubt, synthetic 10- w30 oil would eliminate the buzzing....;-o.....I'm leaning towards the Staintune being the culprit. I'll report back as I methodically comb through the bike. If it wasn't so pronounced I wouldn't bother, but there really is a difference now vs before, and it indicates that something is either amiss, or one of the mods is the culprit. Thanks for the input, guys.
 
Ridem32_imp said:
Lol ACK. Lol
Hiker my wife's cousin lives in Delaware. He and his wife coming down the 4th of July week. He loves Mississippi and thinks we have a lot of land! Loves to eat out catfish :). He works at a bank he just traded in a ford truck 10 years old for a new truck. His old truck had 8,000 miles lol. He drives about 1 mile to work! We have county's bigger than Delaware :). I got to say this:: YOU OLE YANKIES!!! Lol
well our state is split in two, north of Mason Dixon line and South, so somehow we have a mix of people....I even noticed country music drifting north lately ! :-) And yes, we have a lot of banks in our state for sure.
 
Ok no buzz at all on either of my cb deluxe bikes!

Hiker he plays the Guitar and sings! I will get it from my wife's Facebook and PM you the link from YouTube. He told me the same thing about lots of banks! Wilmington is where he lives! You can't be to far from him.
 
Now that is an interesting question. I have not noticed any extra buzziness on my bikes when cold, and it will be a good 6 months before I can test that theory.

Is it buzzier until it warms up?
 
Back
Top