Buying Japanese accessories now easier

CB4ME_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
Even before purchasing the CB1100, I was scratching my head searching for bike specific accessories. Guth mentioned Samurider in a thread, and since then several folks including myself have ordered seats from the owner, Takashi Takase. Takashi is very easy to work with, and he promptly answers all your questions in excellent English.

Honda's Japanese accessories brochure lists a chrome chain cover from PLOT. The cover is not listed in Samurider's website, but when I asked him about it, Takashi ordered one for me and is sending it out in 3 days. Shipping will be another 3-4 days. I'm paying 600 yen less than what it's listed for in the brochure, plus about $22 for shipping.

I suspect Takashi can order just about anything from the Honda catalog or any other accessories manufacturer in Japan. So while shipping may still be expensive on some items, US riders can customize their bikes more easily through Samurider than when dealing with some other Japanese firms.

CB1100 | Samurider.com
 
How much is that chrome chain guard cover?
 
Nice find CB4ME. I'm going to contact him now. I've been searching for that chain guard and the tandem grip in the brochure with no luck. The closest to the Honda tandem grip I've seen is the Hurricane model on webike but I don't like the slight bend in the side rails.
 
I had ordered a parts catalog and st.st.Over engine bars from Webike but my money was returned because I suspect that they were out of stock (no reason was given) I had send them an email but did not get a reply.On Saturday I ordered the same from Samurider and got a very quick response in excellent English.Yes it is out of stock right now on both items but at least Samurider did response and they will get my business from now onwards .Nothing against Webike,probably an oversight.
 
Houtman_imp said:
I had ordered a parts catalog and st.st.Over engine bars from Webike but my money was returned because I suspect that they were out of stock (no reason was given) I had send them an email but did not get a reply.On Saturday I ordered the same from Samurider and got a very quick response in excellent English.Yes it is out of stock right now on both items but at least Samurider did response and they will get my business from now onwards .Nothing against Webike,probably an oversight.
Webike did respond to my product inquiry emails, but it took a few days and the English was clearly unclear.

But, they do have a heck of a selection of goodies, and their website is well organized. Maybe the hot setup is to shop Webike and buy from the other guy?
 
Thread starter
The PLOT chrome chain cover, the exact part in Honda's accessory brochure, lists for 12,600. Samurider is selling it for 12,000 yen + 2200 shipping for a total of 14,200 yen. That was $145.96 US when I ordered it this morning, and the part will be here in a week.

I've also dealt with Webike. But it took nearly 3 weeks to get the merchandise and shipping was close to $65 for a fairly small, light weight box containing 2 fiberglass side covers. It did get here in 3 days however.

Samurider is a small shop providing personalized service in good English and at decent prices. He told me he'd post some additional accessories for the CB1100 after I told him what was available in the states.

And no, I'm not affiliated with Samurider in any way.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I had ordered a parts catalog and st.st.Over engine bars from Webike but my money was returned because I suspect that they were out of stock (no reason was given) I had send them an email but did not get a reply.On Saturday I ordered the same from Samurider and got a very quick response in excellent English.Yes it is out of stock right now on both items but at least Samurider did response and they will get my business from now onwards .Nothing against Webike,probably an oversight.
Webike did respond to my product inquiry emails, but it took a few days and the English was clearly unclear.

But, they do have a heck of a selection of goodies, and their website is well organized. Maybe the hot setup is to shop Webike and buy from the other guy?
I don't think Webike is that well organized. You can't always see every part available. Sometimes you can find a part by searching the site one way, but the same part doesn't show up while browsing all items for the bike. Most of the descriptions are vague or nonexistent. I also see a several items with the same name, same stock photos, but different prices and little to no description that can help me discern what the difference between the two parts are. With no returns and no refunds, I don't feel confident purchasing anything from Webike.

CB4ME_imp said:
The PLOT chrome chain cover, the exact part in Honda's accessory brochure, lists for 12,600. Samurider is selling it for 12,000 yen + 2200 shipping for a total of 14,200 yen. That was $145.96 US when I ordered it this morning, and the part will be here in a week.

I've also dealt with Webike. But it took nearly 3 weeks to get the merchandise and shipping was close to $65 for a fairly small, light weight box containing 2 fiberglass side covers. It did get here in 3 days however.

Samurider is a small shop providing personalized service in good English and at decent prices. He told me he'd post some additional accessories for the CB1100 after I told him what was available in the states.

And no, I'm not affiliated with Samurider in any way.
He seems to be responding to market forces very well. He's been very responsive to my inquiries and after 3 of us requested K&H seats that weren't on his website, he added all of their seats to the CB11 page within a day. People were requesting the tank in other colors and those were added. New blinkers and an aluminum cowl were added recently too. I like this guy.
 
I have been eying a set of engine guards, but I am not an engineer (I just play one on the internet) so I cannot tell you the forces that would be exerted on the engine case by attaching these outrigger engine guards which I would be using to protect the engine case side covers.

If you dump the bike over as it is, you have to replace the engine covers. If you dump it over with engine guards on, you probably break off the mounting points and have to replace the whole engine case.

The law of unintended consequences prevails again...strengthen one thing, break something else.
 
CB4ME_imp said:
The PLOT chrome chain cover, the exact part in Honda's accessory brochure, lists for 12,600. Samurider is selling it for 12,000 yen + 2200 shipping for a total of 14,200 yen. That was $145.96 US when I ordered it this morning, and the part will be here in a week.

I've also dealt with Webike. But it took nearly 3 weeks to get the merchandise and shipping was close to $65 for a fairly small, light weight box containing 2 fiberglass side covers. It did get here in 3 days however.

Samurider is a small shop providing personalized service in good English and at decent prices. He told me he'd post some additional accessories for the CB1100 after I told him what was available in the states.

And no, I'm not affiliated with Samurider in any way.
If U buy around $529. we bikevJapan pays thevshipping if less is ordered they clobber U with thevfreight
 
I have to agree with Jola that Samurider is quick to respond to market forces. All of a sudden he gets a number of inquiries from the US and Bang, he adds new product. And is he apparently responsive to US customers. Sounds like an astute businessman to me. We demand and he supplies ;)
 
I ordered my exhaust through webike but moving forward I'm gonna give Samurider my business. This guy is obviously working for our business and I'll be more than happy to send my hard earned money his way.
 
This forum is getting me into more and more trouble.

Samurider IS quick and responsive. I submitted the inquiry about a seat and fairing and got my reply the next morning with the prices and shipping costs.

They make it so easy to confirm your order, you say 'yes' and they send you a PayPal invoice ..... dang, there goes more money.

Hey, at least I'm watching the USD / Yen exchange rate trying to hit it at a favorable time!

Aloha,
Huladog
 
Thread starter
Huladog_imp said:
This forum is getting me into more and more trouble.

Samurider IS quick and responsive. I submitted the inquiry about a seat and fairing and got my reply the next morning with the prices and shipping costs.

They make it so easy to confirm your order, you say 'yes' and they send you a PayPal invoice ..... dang, there goes more money.

Hey, at least I'm watching the USD / Yen exchange rate trying to hit it at a favorable time!

Aloha,
Huladog
I've only made 3 Japanese purchases but the exchange rate can make a significant difference.
 
Some updates on ordering from Samurider:

Once I got the email that my Road Comet was mailed it got here quickly via mail. The Chic Design folks carefully packed the fairing with plenty of crushed newspapers for cushioning.

I wondered if I would have to pay duty on the order but didn't have to. I looked carefully at the shipping documents and noticed they send it "personal use" and "gift" so even though it has a several hundred dollar value I didn't get dinged for duty.

Now I just wait for K&H to finish my seat.

Aloha,
Huladog
 
CBMike_imp said:
I ordered my exhaust through webike but moving forward I'm gonna give Samurider my business. This guy is obviously working for our business and I'll be more than happy to send my hard earned money his way.
I did the exact same thing. I explained it to Takashi and he completely understood. Since then I have ordered a cowl and baffle through him. I plan on doing a lot of business with Takashi in the near future. Good business man
 
Back
Top