Bungee tie down points

Rok straps are great. Much better than standard bungees.
 
Sledge13_imp said:
Rbike,
I am used to a bike with a lot more luggage and space. I had a ‘13 FJR1300 with a top box before the CB1100 and am experimenting with my options I guess. Trying to make the bike mine. The third tie down point was just a shiny bit I noticed on someone else’s bike but I am sure it will come in handy. I had already carried home a 50 pound bag of dog food strapped to the bike and the cargo nets I had were too big, so I started looking. Rok straps are very useful for me. I have the bad habit of zooming in on pictures of everybody’s bike to see what they have done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I use my vehicle for logistics. I guess that 'm privileged, I just use my 1100 to have a great ride. Speaking of which, today or tomorrow it gets on the PL. The 2 similar things they have in common are engine placement (middle) and no roof (coupe by choice) over my head. Don't tell anyone, yet. Real Pictures soon.
 
What is that.? What is a PL?
 
The ferret_imp said:
What is that.? What is a PL?
Seriously, its a game changer!
The picture is of the "optional" engine lighting with ridiculously priced carbon fiber closeout panels.
Production (assembly) Line
I know, not CB1100, but I haven't been this excited since I purchased my CB1100.








 
That's a Corvette? Wild looking. Sharp. Bet it's expensive!
 
The ferret_imp said:
That's a Corvette? Wild looking. Sharp. Bet it's expensive!
Reflection is a bit troubling, unlike many on that forum with their self-described Garage Mahals (below) larger than 95% of the countries homes loaded with 6 -12+ vehicles of unimagined beauty and expense, it was a hard, but sudden purchase as I recognized its current and future value. I am not a corvette fanatic and have not been a fan since the 60s, aside from their performance. I discovered this new model by accident. With the current world condition of fortunate/unfortunate, Covid 19, and now the __________ (won't do politics on forums), it was a hard choice to continue with the purchase, but mine will start being assembled tomorrow after serious reflection of my bucket list and choices. BTW, this is not to disparage anyone that has the ability to afford nice luxuries,.....especially if they are on this forum too.

As soon as I initially heard about this Game Changer - First ever mid-engine Corvette that takes it (0-60 2.8 seconds, Top End 194mph) directly to every 6 and 7 figure exotic, but the C8 was promised and delivered to be under $60K and it did starting at Starting at $58,900! It is funny to hear the Porsche, Labos & Ferraris owners talk and try to defend an undefendable position. Google and read many places and forums. https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/corvette if you want any additional information.

This is the first release, many upgrades to follow. This one is naturally aspirated and future turbo/super charged will more than double the HP & torque. But even this base model does the following.





 
I think they start about 60k, ...but I'm probably misremembering.

Given they are new, they are probably still getting hit with absurd dealer markups though.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
I think they start about 60k, ...but I'm probably misremembering.

Given they are new, they are probably still getting hit with absurd dealer markups though.
Many variables, but basically, unless you are a ___, MSRP can do it. GM just announced that the 2021MY will not have any initial price increase, but options (typical $20K minimum purchased currently) may and a spring 2021 is probable.
 
rbike_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's a Corvette? Wild looking. Sharp. Bet it's expensive!
Reflection is a bit troubling, unlike many on that forum with their self-described Garage Mahals (below) larger than 95% of the countries homes loaded with 6 -12+ vehicles of unimagined beauty and expense, it was a hard, but sudden purchase as I recognized its current and future value. I am not a corvette fanatic and have not been a fan since the 60s, aside from their performance. I discovered this new model by accident. With the current world condition of fortunate/unfortunate, Covid 19, and now the __________ (won't do politics on forums), it was a hard choice to continue with the purchase, but mine will start being assembled tomorrow after serious reflection of my bucket list and choices. BTW, this is not to disparage anyone that has the ability to afford nice luxuries,.....especially if they are on this forum too.

As soon as I initially heard about this Game Changer - First ever mid-engine Corvette that takes it (0-60 2.8 seconds, Top End 194mph) directly to every 6 and 7 figure exotic, but the C8 was promised and delivered to be under $60K and it did starting at Starting at $58,900! It is funny to hear the Porsche, Labos & Ferraris owners talk and try to defend an undefendable position. Google and read many places and forums. https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/corvette if you want any additional information.

This is the first release, many upgrades to follow. This one is naturally aspirated and future turbo/super charged will more than double the HP & torque. But even this base model does the following.

Enjoy your car...but the new Porsche 992 is certainly a better car in many regards...no arguments needed. That's all I'll say about it here. :beerchug:
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
rbike_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
That's a Corvette? Wild looking. Sharp. Bet it's expensive!
Reflection is a bit troubling, unlike many on that forum with their self-described Garage Mahals (below) larger than 95% of the countries homes loaded with 6 -12+ vehicles of unimagined beauty and expense, it was a hard, but sudden purchase as I recognized its current and future value. I am not a corvette fanatic and have not been a fan since the 60s, aside from their performance. I discovered this new model by accident. With the current world condition of fortunate/unfortunate, Covid 19, and now the __________ (won't do politics on forums), it was a hard choice to continue with the purchase, but mine will start being assembled tomorrow after serious reflection of my bucket list and choices. BTW, this is not to disparage anyone that has the ability to afford nice luxuries,.....especially if they are on this forum too.

As soon as I initially heard about this Game Changer - First ever mid-engine Corvette that takes it (0-60 2.8 seconds, Top End 194mph) directly to every 6 and 7 figure exotic, but the C8 was promised and delivered to be under $60K and it did starting at Starting at $58,900! It is funny to hear the Porsche, Labos & Ferraris owners talk and try to defend an undefendable position. Google and read many places and forums. https://www.chevrolet.com/performance/corvette if you want any additional information.

This is the first release, many upgrades to follow. This one is naturally aspirated and future turbo/super charged will more than double the HP & torque. But even this base model does the following.

Enjoy your car...but the new Porsche 992 is certainly a better car in many regards...no arguments needed. That's all I'll say about it here. :beerchug:

Enjoy your car...but the new Porsche 992 is certainly a better car in many regards...no arguments needed. That's all I'll say about it here. :beerchug:
That's all I'll say about it here - Agreed, not the place. Many threads on the corvette forum ALL ABOUT That, BUT The C8 vs Porsche ..... :)

I truly love this forum and its members! It is rare for me to give a grade of 100 out of 100, but it deserves it here. We can agree to disagree at times and actually still be polite and like each other afterwards. Wish the rest of the world could learn this behavior. :thumbsup:
 
Well the only thing I know about cars is whether I like them when I see them. Never have been a car guy, always a motorcycle guy, but I like that one. ( I also like Mustang fastbacks) but if I were to buy another car ( not in the market) it would probably be another Civic lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Well the only thing I know about cars is whether I like them when I see them. Never have been a car guy, always a motorcycle guy, but I like that one. ( I also like Mustang fastbacks) but if I were to buy another car ( not in the market) it would probably be another Civic lol
Everyone of the orders is spoken for. Due to the strike and C19, only half (hopefully 20 of the 40K) of the "sold" orders are going to be able to be filled. Very few dealers will have dedicated one special ordered in just to be a floor display unit. Most are already sold / ordered last year to their regular customers. Any vehicle on the showroom floor is probably waiting for its buyer's pick up, but that may only be a 1 or 2 day event. I'll be there when it is offloaded from the delivery truck. As I said, this vehicle model is going to be a game changer.
 
I read an article about "COVID Corvettes". Since the initial build was shortened by the virus, people are speculating if the first run of C8 cars might become as valuable as the last run of the previous generations. I've seen two so far on the road here in Orange County. A shop around the corner from my office does vinyl wraps, and they were doing an orange one - I hope it turned out tasteful.

I do a lot of business in Bowling Green, KY, and when I was there last summer, I saw several of them running around, like these two.

The new generations usually take some time to grow on me. The West Coast launch of the C7 was at the Petersen Museum, and I was in early that morning. It was in a room by itself, and before they dropped the velvet rope and let the throngs come in to see it, I walked around it, and thought "Geez, they ruined this thing." Now, I'd love to have one. Sorta the same with the C8, but I clearly recognize that the architecture is radically different. I'm sure it'll grow on me.
 
Interesting I don't think I have ever seen one on the road, but it takes awhile for new things to catch on in my little part of the world lol.
 
The ferret_imp said:
Interesting I don't think I have ever seen one on the road, but it takes awhile for new things to catch on in my little part of the world lol.
Only 2700 have reached the streets before the C19 shutdown in March. The rest will start rolling out in about 2 weeks.
 
I know it is not about Bungees, this is my Last Post on this item JIC anyone was curious. I Finally picked it up! Here it is. Some pics taken at same location I did for my CB1100. Everyone stay safe!







 
Rbike, nice car... and I am getting jealous ....

P.S. Just between you and me: I'll be in Florida tomorrow, can I take it for a spin ?:P
 
Good night that is a hot looking car (and I don't really care about cars). Congrats rbike!
 
Back
Top