Bungee tie down points

Sledge13_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
I would like to add these tie down points. Has anybody else done this or could point me to the parts to do it? Thanks!
c147355be38fd974e58d73f851d3310c.jpg



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
careful on torquing those top shock bolts. Several have broken them off.
 
Thread starter
pekingduck_imp said:
Use the top shock bolts off a 2017 EX, 90116-MGC-JB0. The washers are the same.

Thanks pekingduck. I ordered them off of BikeBandit.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
I have used a lot of these over the years and always bought high quality bolts for them . Be careful when strapping things down as it is easy for bungee cords to come of these "bolts"
 
Thread starter
Houtman_imp said:
I have used a lot of these over the years and always bought high quality bolts for them . Be careful when strapping things down as it is easy for bungee cords to come of these "bolts"

Good advice. I have been using Rok straps for awhile now. They seem better than the hooked variety.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Sledge13_imp said:
Houtman_imp said:
I have used a lot of these over the years and always bought high quality bolts for them . Be careful when strapping things down as it is easy for bungee cords to come of these "bolts"

Good advice. I have been using Rok straps for awhile now. They seem better than the hooked variety.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good advice. I have been using Rok straps for awhile now. They seem better than the hooked variety.
Yes , for the last 5 years I have been using the Rok straps as well , much safer and easy to use on bigger loads.
 
The spec for the original bolt is 6.6 ft lbs. That isn't much.
 
Thread starter
So I finally received the bolts (more than a month for shipping) for these additional tie down points and am very happy with them. Did not over-tighten them. Thanks


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Good deal..post up a pic when you get a chance
 
That looks good! Might have to do that myself...
 
Hello, its has been a while since I said hello. 'hope all are doing well and staying safe!

I have a 2013 CB1100 and the bike came with the bungy attachment points standard. Why is yours different? When I added the OEM Honda rear rack, the 2 bolt areas are still usable, but the rack has bungy attachment legs as part of their design. Both images are attached.



 
rbike..they are different because they are on the shocks instead of on the grab rails, which he also has if you look closely at his pic.
 
Thread starter
rbike_imp said:
Hello, its has been a while since I said hello. 'hope all are doing well and staying safe!

I have a 2013 CB1100 and the bike came with the bungy attachment points standard. Why is yours different? When I added the OEM Honda rear rack, the 2 bolt areas are still usable, but the rack has bungy attachment legs as part of their design. Both images are attached.

Rbike, I don’t have a rack, sadly. My 2014 came stock with the two tie down points and I came across this easy mod for another tie down point on the rear shocks. The rack may be in my future but the oem is pricey for me.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
f75400d32485926bcc426b9f5b1128a0.jpg

A better picture showing the three points.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Thanks for the pictures, Sledge. It's a good idea and looks good to boot.
 
Thanks for the polite reply! Ashamed I didn't notice the subtle point. But I never needed a third tie down point. The 2 provided have served my personal needs fine and now with the rear rack, I can carry anything I need OK. Why is a third tie down desired? It seems to interfere with the driver on the seat if anything is that far forward.

I am not used to forums with wonderful members!!!! I would have been shamed into the rear (pun intended) on most other forums. This forum is what ALL forums should strive towards - professionalism!

'sad to admit it, but I have put more miles on my PCX150 than my CB1100 over the last few years due to RV Road trips. Another shameful admission, I added a very functional rack box. This "scooter" has way exceeded ALL expectations and was a critical lifeline on road trips - very long story for another post someday..





 
Rbike, this is very nice and convenient set up.
Hope, one day, you gonna share your RV trip story with forum members.
:)
 
Thread starter
Rbike,
I am used to a bike with a lot more luggage and space. I had a ‘13 FJR1300 with a top box before the CB1100 and am experimenting with my options I guess. Trying to make the bike mine. The third tie down point was just a shiny bit I noticed on someone else’s bike but I am sure it will come in handy. I had already carried home a 50 pound bag of dog food strapped to the bike and the cargo nets I had were too big, so I started looking. Rok straps are very useful for me. I have the bad habit of zooming in on pictures of everybody’s bike to see what they have done.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
Back
Top