Buffalohead_imp
Been there
Elipten_imp said:Retro? Sidecar? Sounds like a Ural to me? Tell me are they any good mechanically. My 11 year old son wants me to get a side car to ride along. I just can't do it yet, but then again I have no experience with one.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I was a BMW guy for 40 years. Some had Urals. I've heard many Ural stories and most all of them were not positive when it comes to reliability.
I love retro styling on bikes and sidecars. That's why I like the CB1100 so much. A lot of people use Ural sidecars on other bikes. They have the same traditional styling (copied from BMW & similar to mine). They're OK.
Thanks Sanpete!SanPete_imp said:Very Classy! Matching sidecar with whitewall tires. This rig would fit nicely in Hondahoarder's The Distinguished Gentleman's ride" Thanks for sharing the pics.
Bikes with sidecars don't ride & handle like a regular motorcycle any more. But, if it's set up correctly, they are fun to ride. The larger the bike as compared to the S/C, the better they handle. It takes some getting used to but my experience is when it doesn't track well, it's usually because it's not set up right and needs to be "tweaked".bubblerboy64_imp said:I've always wanted to ask how difficult is it to ride a bike with a side car? Seems like turning into or away from the sidecar would be totally different. I test road one of those Can Am Spiders and found it a little spooky due to the fact that the bike doesn't lean into a turn. Side car similar to the Can Am or different? Pretty rig for sure. Advantage I assume to the side car is you can go with or without (over the trike or can am)?