Brunch & Group Ride: Lick Observatory (Rescheduling)

rdprdp01

Administrator
Thread starter
I would be delighted if you can join me for Brunch at Nonni's Bistro in Downtown Pleasanton at 10:00 AM on Saturday, 16 Aug 25. Nonni's is a wonderful Bistro owned by a friend of mine. See link below for a preview:

Nonni's Bistro - Pleasanton, CA

There is great parking available, and believe it or not, spaces actually set aside for motorcycles!

After we eat, I hope you an accompany me to the Lick Observatory. Highway 130 is arguably one of the best motorcycle roads in Northern California. See YouTube video below for a preview of the ride:


If either interest you, please confirm by 9 August so I can make reservations. David

6AOQzsu.jpeg


agiRGfv.png


kESuHCq.png


6mdhYem.jpeg
 
Thread starter
[quote="Cormanus" pid='269480' dateline='1751693252']
rdprdp01, thanks for the kind invitation, but please accept my apologies. I can't make it that day.
[/QUOTE]

No worries. When I finish up this difficult year, I am going to travel and pay my respects to my CB1100 heroes.

Oregon, Southern California, The Carolina's, Oklahoma, New York, France, Australia, and others are all on the list. Will see you soon. ;)
 
rdprdp01 said:
Oregon, Southern California, The Carolina's, Oklahoma, New York, France, Australia, and others are all on the list. Will see you soon.  ;)


Wait... did you say Oregon!?  When shall I be expecting you?
 
Thread starter
Frenchie said:
You may want to add GA to your list.  ;)

I love Georgia. Done. :)
 
Thread starter
There has not been much interest in the proposed ride for next ride. I suspect it can be attributed to three things:

(1) By California standards, it is really hot in Northern California. Yesterday. the temperature reach 97 degrees Fahrenheit, or 36 degrees Celsius for those who are more enlightened. :)
(2) I680 and every road close to it is being resurfaced by the California Department of Highways. I rode the proposed route yesterday just to see how it is looking, and it took twice as long as normal.
(3) Schools are back in session and that has a direct and indirect impact on people's schedule

I will try again in the Fall when things have settled out. However, the standing offer to let me buy you brunch and have a chance to meet in person at a lovely downtown Bistro remains. I will be at Nonni's at 10:00 AM next Saturday.

I hope you have a great week and thanks to everyone for sharing great threads and posts. I am grateful for the inights and for celebrating the moments you have on your CB1100s. You remain an inspiration for me. Take care, David
 
That fairing on the CB looks really nice.
 
rdprdp01 said:
There has not been much interest in the proposed ride for next ride. I suspect it can be attributed to three things:...

4) the first 500 miles would be fine, but it's that last 100 that would get me : )

Actually, I'd love to meet up...hopefully, it will happen at some point.
 
Thread starter
clearviewx said:
That fairing on the CB looks really nice.

I agree. I shared a view details in this thread:

The CB1100 Community Forum

Randy B helped me dial in its accuracy. I referenced a prior model in my oringinal post but with some guidance from RB, I have it right now!

It has been a fantastic addition to the motorcycle. I lean toward an OEM configuration for most things, but I am very glad I showed some personal growth and made this purchase. It was a game changer when I ride and most find it adds something positive to the curb appeal. David
 
Thread starter
I did a dry run of the Brunch & Ride I hope we can hold in this fall. Parking was outstanding. A true rarity in Northern California!

X7700wV.jpeg


John as always did a wonderful job with my egg-white, vegetarian, eggs benedict:

xqEfXmC.jpeg


I was tempted by the blueberry pancakes, but I managed to resist my sweet tooth.

The Farmers Market made for a lovely post-meal repose. Farmers, ranchers, and fishermen within 100 miles or so of Pleasanton travel each weekend to sell directly to the public.

If you have a Top Case of Saddle Bags, I believe you can make someone at home happy with produce, vegetables, and baked goods that are both healthy and delicious:

xKMC3ZA.jpeg

7EbdMis.jpeg

F5WVQrs.jpeg

WYl4qBM.jpeg

nKZUQU5.jpeg


Because life is so hectic and we are all busy on the weekend, I scaled down the ride to a lovely 30 minute tour through the gentle turns of the Pleasanton / Fremont foothills. Foothill road is tree covered, two-lane, and has a beautiful canopy of trees. Most people use the Interstate which runs parallel to it, but I prefer the scenic drive, which I had to myself Saturday morning:

pL5Yeau.png

mAsAoEi.jpeg


If I have sparked your interest and you live in the San Francisco Bay Area, please send me a message. Let’s find a Saturday morning some month that works for us. Brunch is my treat, and I look forward to seeing you soon.  David

Have a great week.
 
This is a pretty excellent little plan. I do wish riding in my local vicitnity wasn't so boring. It would be easier to plan brunch rides like this if i didnt have to travel 4 hours to reach the good stuff.

I usually take as many as 8 dedicated riding trips per year for this reason. I think I'll see if i can turn all of them into an event following this example.
 
Foothill blvd. was one of my regular roads to ride. Loop through Sunol and back on Niles Canyon road to Mission and then back to Newark. Other times Drive through Pleasanton on Main street to 580 and back through Castro Valley. Another option riding 580 to 13 (Warren Freeway) to Redwood road exit up to Skyline then continue on Redwood road to Redwood Park. Redwood will drop you back down to Castro Valley by the golf course. Living in Portland now discovering many new back roads. Keeps riding a true adventure. Thanks for sharing the pics!
 
Those berries! My son work for a berry farm for a few summers. They would sell at Saturday farmers' markets and a lot of the unsold product he got to bring home for 1/3 price.
 
Thread starter
The only thing better than riding my motorcycle to pick up berries that are farm-to-market would be berries that are farm-to-market at a great price! :)
 
Back
Top