Broke my heel, won't be riding for a While

hondahoarder_imp

Been there
Thread starter
So I drug the little 69 Yamaha YAS1C we just finally got revived and running again, put a chair out in the drive and did some detailing on it.
What a cute lil bugger it is and runs like a scalded dog!

Bummed that couldn't ride it to check it out, I grabbed Deb on here way out to work, still in her rubber garden shoes from feeding the critters out back, and made her take it down the road for me so I could hear it, I think her face says it all :clap:






[url=http://s413.photobucket.com/user/Mstarvideo/media/1969%20Yamaha%20YAS1C%20Project/IMG_6928_zps13545244.jpg.html]

[url=http://s413.photobucket.com/user/Mstarvideo/media/1969%20Yamaha%20YAS1C%20Project/IMG_6931_zps6cfab6b1.jpg.html]
 
I'm finally back in the saddle myself so I know about cooling my heals (sorry!) and unable to ride. But as my Dr. said, paying the piper. :D
 
I dont see a link to a video

Bummer Curt. Hope ya heal up soon brother. Good thing is most of the good riding weather is behind us.

Love that little Yamaha!
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
I dont see a link to a video

Bummer Curt. Hope ya heal up soon brother. Good thing is most of the good riding weather is behind us.

Love that little Yamaha!
Thanks buddy, the video shows up embedded on my end?
 
Hey Curt, sorry to hear about your heal. Hope it mends quickly.

Neat little bike, that Yamaha. Cool addition to the collection.

All the best,
Bill
 
Thread starter
Guth_imp said:
Hey Curt, sorry to hear about your heal. Hope it mends quickly.

Neat little bike, that Yamaha. Cool addition to the collection.

All the best,
Bill
Thanks friend I am doing fine just don't do well, sitting around all day.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk
 
Sorry to hear you're injured, HH.

Cool bike! My very first bike in High School was the 350 "grandkid" of your bike, the R5-E. I'd love to find a 350 2 stroke Yamaha from that era. The smell and sound would bring back a lot of memories.
 
Very cool!! reminds me of the LS-2 and RD200,RD125 I once restored. Once we got a riding buddy to ride my LS2 and took pic..
He was 6'6" 250 lb football player with arms the size of small trees , We laughed so hard.

Hope you heal fast.
 
Thread starter
And as Paul Harvey would say....."And now for the rest of the story!"



I had a incredible moment today. As I have told most of you, the biggest thrill of collecting the vintage bikes is the hunt, and even the better the stories behind the bike.

My buddy Keith, has a sweet little neighbor in her 80, that suffered a mild stroke awhile back and lost her husband some years ago. So Keith kind of keeps an eye out for her.

One day they were talking about an old Yamaha she had out in the Garage and said he had a buddy who might be interested in it. So Deb and I went over and looked at it and saw the potential for complete preservation of this little classic 1969 Yamaha YAS1C.

You could tell she was very sentimentally attached to it and told me how her husband used to ride it all the time and how they used it when they would go camping to get around on.

So she sold it to us with the stipulation that I had to bring it by when we got it running again.

Titling was a challenge as it was lost. So thanks to the help and guidance of another good friend Frances and the Oldham County Clerk's office , we got that taken care of, got her a duplicate and she in turn signed it over to us, so I got tags yesterday.

Now of the good part, today I slipped the boot off long enough to ride it over to her house, ask my buddy Keith to meet me there. So the best part of my day was seeing the excitement and the joy in her face, maybe even a little tear in her eye when she told me her husband would have loved this!

What a sweet lady, and now we have a piece of her
 
Awesome backstory. I love the way bikes bring back memories for people, and the way "an old neighbor" might have actually been pretty cool and adventurous back in the day!
 
Well, it made my eyes blur. Very cool Hondahoarder, very cool.
 
Back
Top