Brake pad questions

Gonna attempt to revive this old thread. I’m curious about Jim21680’s question, and also curious about how many miles y’all have gotten out of your stock pads before replacement.
 
Can't answer the ceramic or sintered part but I suspect sintered since they are gold colored.

I got 19,000 and change out of the first set, and replaced the second set with 17,000 and change and they still had a couple thou of miles left.
 
OEM always

Im not sure about the gold part, they are maybe gray pads stock. I didn't put them in, the mechanic did, but I did see them. Theres a pic in the what did you do to your Cb thread that shows the pads sitting on the work bench, but I know they are OEM pads, I ordered by part number.

here it is.. see they do look gold to me (in right of pic)

a9397336ee5dae94fe4c2125a156d0f2.jpg
 
Lol heavens no, I block that part ( the cost) of my motorcycling out of my head. The reciepts are upstairs in a box, so I could go look, but I don't really want to know what I spend lol
 
The ferret_imp said:
Lol heavens no, I block that part ( the cost) of my motorcycling out of my head. The reciepts are upstairs in a box, so I could go look, but I don't really want to know what I spend lol
I learned that when my wife's financial advisor had me make a spreadsheet of our income and expenses. I began tracking what my CB500XA cost me including accessories, gear, maintenance, gas, insurance, etc. That destroyed the argument that motorcycles are a cheap form of transportation. But I rationalized it by divided the cost by the number of kilometers I rode.

Then I realized how silly I was being. I worked for decades so that I could comfortably enjoy my retirement and buy the things I wanted. That spread sheet was deleted and the receipts shredded.

As a former motorcycle buddy use to say, "Enjoy life! Life is short and we only come this way once."
 
Nortoon_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Lol heavens no, I block that part ( the cost) of my motorcycling out of my head. The reciepts are upstairs in a box, so I could go look, but I don't really want to know what I spend lol
I learned that when my wife's financial advisor had me make a spreadsheet of our income and expenses. I began tracking what my CB500XA cost me including accessories, gear, maintenance, gas, insurance, etc. That destroyed the argument that motorcycles are a cheap form of transportation. But I rationalized it by divided the cost by the number of kilometers I rode.

Then I realized how silly I was being. I worked for decades so that I could comfortably enjoy my retirement and buy the things I wanted. That spread sheet was deleted and the receipts shredded.

As a former motorcycle buddy use to say, "Enjoy life! Life is short and we only come this way once."
I learned that when my wife's financial advisor had me make a spreadsheet of our income and expenses. I began tracking what my CB500XA cost me including accessories, gear, maintenance, gas, insurance, etc. That destroyed the argument that motorcycles are a cheap form of transportation. But I rationalized it by divided the cost by the number of kilometers I rode.

Then I realized how silly I was being. I worked for decades so that I could comfortably enjoy my retirement and buy the things I wanted. That spread sheet was deleted and the receipts shredded.

As a former motorcycle buddy use to say, "Enjoy life! Life is short and we only come this way once."
That's exactly how I feel. Couldn't agree more :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
That is why I would never pay for a financial adviser, that is the first money you can save!
I have always done investing in the market without paying someone for giving wrong/poor / self interest advice.
 
Houtman_imp said:
That is why I would never pay for a financial adviser, that is the first money you can save!
I have always done investing in the market without paying someone for giving wrong/poor / self interest advice.
My Corporate Lawyer older brother tried that.
He and his wife are now living in their daughter's basement.

Penny and I are old school. Whenever we paid the mortgage on a home, we bought a better one. In a country that is frozen 6 months of the year, houses always appreciate.
 
Houtman_imp said:
We have done very well with Vanguard funds , low cost and people should not be greedy when investing in stocks .
I think it became a game for him, and he was good at it. However like poker, if you push all in too many times you lose everything.
 
Back
Top