Bought SIDI Adventure 2 Gore-Tex Boots

PowerDubs_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
My worst injury from my accident was my left leg.

My own fault as I had on decent, but relatively basic cheap boots that I was already thinking about upgrading for something more protective.

Here is what I had-

Icon Reign.

Don't get me wrong- they were comfortable, waterproof, well built, ...but not tall enough, and soft enough that my foot / ankle still got pretty squished when the bike came down on my leg.


So looking around at all my options- with the top goal of as much safety I can get, and then quality, comfortable,

Ended up picking these- SIDI Adventure 2 Gore-Tex Boots - RevZilla

But bought them from overseas for about 25% less than Revzilla and no sales tax. :)

If I had them before, my leg would probably had less injury.
 
Those look pretty safe. How does one buy from overseas? I've heard talk of it here before but am not sure how it works. Won't the Sidi website still be set up for U.S. market?
 
Thread starter
Safest looking I could find from what I saw- pretty much a motocross boot adapted for the street.

I didn't buy from Sidi's website, I bought from TheVisorShop.com - total cost with shipping- £263.74 ($360.72)

So for reference Revzilla's price is $450 +tax

You can save a LOT buying overseas. Some times you need to wait a couple weeks for arrival, although that may be more now due to covid.

I've bought motorcycle gear from Japan, Germany, Australia, U.K./Ireland all with no issues, all MUCH cheaper than I could get the product here in the U.S.

You also get options / access to items that aren't available in the U.S.- such as the Shoei Glamster helmet I just bought, the Helston jacket, ...or even on my old Shoei Qwest- a light transitioning visor.
 
Thread starter
..... google...

Like anything else. Do you normally not look around? There are countless sites online for ANYTHING you want to buy. TV, stereo, furniture, right up to and including entire motorcycles and cars.

I drove an hour from my house to purchase my CB1100 but saved over a thousand dollars compared to local.

Once you find the lowest 2-3 sites, (not forgetting Ebay and Amazon)- then search for coupon codes for those sites, any cashback, and any price matching 'we beat them'.

Look for any incentives on the site- for example, one of the sites I just used had a 'sign up get rewards' that gave me a 5 pound coupon- which equated to $6.xx savings.

Don't forget to compare shipping costs, and tax if applicable.

Just type in whatever brand / item name you are looking for ... scroll a few pages...

Once you discover various overseas sites you will already know them to check and compare prices. Of course that doesn't mean new places might not pop up.

What's your time worth - versus your money is what it boils down to. I spend hours researching everything I buy- I have family members that can't be bothered and they just click and buy whatever they want at whatever the price shown is...
 
Over seas buying is very simple and safe if you stick to good companies . I have saved hundred's of $$$ buying gear from Germany and other countries . Visa , Master Card and PayPal are all used over there but not Discover.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
Safest looking I could find from what I saw- pretty much a motocross boot adapted for the street.

I didn't buy from Sidi's website, I bought from TheVisorShop.com - total cost with shipping- £263.74 ($360.72)

So for reference Revzilla's price is $450 +tax

You can save a LOT buying overseas. Some times you need to wait a couple weeks for arrival, although that may be more now due to covid.

I've bought motorcycle gear from Japan, Germany, Australia, U.K./Ireland all with no issues, all MUCH cheaper than I could get the product here in the U.S.

You also get options / access to items that aren't available in the U.S.- such as the Shoei Glamster helmet I just bought, the Helston jacket, ...or even on my old Shoei Qwest- a light transitioning visor.
Thanks for the tip on this site. Just checked a sample item that I'm going to be needing soon. Can save about $33 on a Neotec 2 including shipping costs. Not retirement-changing money--but it's $33 to go toward more bike stuff.
 
I bought those exact boots a few years ago, online from Italy. They were 60% of the cost of the same boot here in the US and they were delivered to my door within a week. It’s how I buy my Schuberth helmets too. Same product but you can save a bunch.

That said, I found the boots to be too stiff for street riding and sold them on Craigslist for $90. I’ve been wearing Sidi Armada Gore-Tex boots ever since and couldn’t be more pleased.
 
LongRanger_imp said:
I bought those exact boots a few years ago, online from Italy. They were 60% of the cost of the same boot here in the US and they were delivered to my door within a week. It’s how I buy my Schuberth helmets too. Same product but you can save a bunch.

That said, I found the boots to be too stiff for street riding and sold them on Craigslist for $90. I’ve been wearing Sidi Armada Gore-Tex boots ever since and couldn’t be more pleased.
Would be great to have a thread listing online motorcycle supply sites--US and ex-US. I enjoy the Google scavenger hunts, but not everybody has the time or ability.
 
Thread starter
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Safest looking I could find from what I saw- pretty much a motocross boot adapted for the street.

I didn't buy from Sidi's website, I bought from TheVisorShop.com - total cost with shipping- £263.74 ($360.72)

So for reference Revzilla's price is $450 +tax

You can save a LOT buying overseas. Some times you need to wait a couple weeks for arrival, although that may be more now due to covid.

I've bought motorcycle gear from Japan, Germany, Australia, U.K./Ireland all with no issues, all MUCH cheaper than I could get the product here in the U.S.

You also get options / access to items that aren't available in the U.S.- such as the Shoei Glamster helmet I just bought, the Helston jacket, ...or even on my old Shoei Qwest- a light transitioning visor.
Thanks for the tip on this site. Just checked a sample item that I'm going to be needing soon. Can save about $33 on a Neotec 2 including shipping costs. Not retirement-changing money--but it's $33 to go toward more bike stuff.
Thanks for the tip on this site. Just checked a sample item that I'm going to be needing soon. Can save about $33 on a Neotec 2 including shipping costs. Not retirement-changing money--but it's $33 to go toward more bike stuff.

What color?

On that site a white Neotec is £467.99 before shipping

On Champion the same helemt is 445.45

https://www.championhelmets.com/en/shoei-neotec-2-white-helmet.html

Gotta look around.. for example the lowest price I could find on my Glamster was motorstorm but the neotec is higher there. - Modular Motorcycle Helmets For Sale In Our Online Shop | MotoStorm

They do have a 'leave a review, get a coupon code'..that knocks the price down 20 pounds.
LongRanger_imp said:
I bought those exact boots a few years ago, online from Italy. They were 60% of the cost of the same boot here in the US and they were delivered to my door within a week. It’s how I buy my Schuberth helmets too. Same product but you can save a bunch.

That said, I found the boots to be too stiff for street riding and sold them on Craigslist for $90. I’ve been wearing Sidi Armada Gore-Tex boots ever since and couldn’t be more pleased.


Wow. You took a big loss.


I am hoping they will be OK as the reviews are good.

I am used to wearing motocross boots, which I am hoping are similar if not worse...

Also, I'm ok with mild discomfort as the pain of unprotected is still vivid in my mind.
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I bought those exact boots a few years ago, online from Italy. They were 60% of the cost of the same boot here in the US and they were delivered to my door within a week. It’s how I buy my Schuberth helmets too. Same product but you can save a bunch.

That said, I found the boots to be too stiff for street riding and sold them on Craigslist for $90. I’ve been wearing Sidi Armada Gore-Tex boots ever since and couldn’t be more pleased.
Would be great to have a thread listing online motorcycle supply sites--US and ex-US. I enjoy the Google scavenger hunts, but not everybody has the time or ability.


Agreed. Even with a site list, there is still time to compare current deals and coupon codes...but yea.. much better than going in blind.
 
PowerDubs_imp said:
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
Safest looking I could find from what I saw- pretty much a motocross boot adapted for the street.

I didn't buy from Sidi's website, I bought from TheVisorShop.com - total cost with shipping- £263.74 ($360.72)

So for reference Revzilla's price is $450 +tax

You can save a LOT buying overseas. Some times you need to wait a couple weeks for arrival, although that may be more now due to covid.

I've bought motorcycle gear from Japan, Germany, Australia, U.K./Ireland all with no issues, all MUCH cheaper than I could get the product here in the U.S.

You also get options / access to items that aren't available in the U.S.- such as the Shoei Glamster helmet I just bought, the Helston jacket, ...or even on my old Shoei Qwest- a light transitioning visor.
Thanks for the tip on this site. Just checked a sample item that I'm going to be needing soon. Can save about $33 on a Neotec 2 including shipping costs. Not retirement-changing money--but it's $33 to go toward more bike stuff.
Thanks for the tip on this site. Just checked a sample item that I'm going to be needing soon. Can save about $33 on a Neotec 2 including shipping costs. Not retirement-changing money--but it's $33 to go toward more bike stuff.

What color?

On that site a white Neotec is £467.99 before shipping

On Champion the same helemt is 445.45

https://www.championhelmets.com/en/shoei-neotec-2-white-helmet.html

Gotta look around.. for example the lowest price I could find on my Glamster was motorstorm but the neotec is higher there. - Modular Motorcycle Helmets For Sale In Our Online Shop | MotoStorm

They do have a 'leave a review, get a coupon code'..that knocks the price down 20 pounds.
LongRanger_imp said:
I bought those exact boots a few years ago, online from Italy. They were 60% of the cost of the same boot here in the US and they were delivered to my door within a week. It’s how I buy my Schuberth helmets too. Same product but you can save a bunch.

That said, I found the boots to be too stiff for street riding and sold them on Craigslist for $90. I’ve been wearing Sidi Armada Gore-Tex boots ever since and couldn’t be more pleased.


Wow. You took a big loss.


I am hoping they will be OK as the reviews are good.

I am used to wearing motocross boots, which I am hoping are similar if not worse...

Also, I'm ok with mild discomfort as the pain of unprotected is still vivid in my mind.
TXBikerGuy_imp said:
LongRanger_imp said:
I bought those exact boots a few years ago, online from Italy. They were 60% of the cost of the same boot here in the US and they were delivered to my door within a week. It’s how I buy my Schuberth helmets too. Same product but you can save a bunch.

That said, I found the boots to be too stiff for street riding and sold them on Craigslist for $90. I’ve been wearing Sidi Armada Gore-Tex boots ever since and couldn’t be more pleased.
Would be great to have a thread listing online motorcycle supply sites--US and ex-US. I enjoy the Google scavenger hunts, but not everybody has the time or ability.


Agreed. Even with a site list, there is still time to compare current deals and coupon codes...but yea.. much better than going in blind.
I'm looking at the Excursion or Separator color scheme. More expensive. Ended up finding a Separator color on FortaMoto.com on sale for $563 shipped. Haven't seen that color scheme in the US yet and I actually prefer the Excursion scheme--but I don't prefer it $236 more. Ordered from Amsterdam. I only wish I could have flown there to buy it from their physical store. I've had a lot of fun in Amsterdam in the past.
 
All this boot talk has made me wanting some new ones... but I already have enough of them.

I fractured my right ankle exactly two months and a week ago, but fortunately I was wearing some RS Taichi short riding boots, so the damage was fairly minimal. Foot had gotten kicked off the peg by a dip, and the boot grabbed the asphalt, and got sucked between the bike and ground while dragging it in a right turn. A trip to the VA and a couple hours later, I had a "stable lateral malleolus fracture". 6 weeks later, I was back on the bike, and wearing the same boots. I really should just get a nice pair of sturdy long boots like those Sidis. I have a pair of Oxtar sport boots which I'm sure would have limited the ankle movement and prevented my injury, but they're just uncomfortable compared to all of my other shorties. I've ridden literally only once in the Oxtars in the 12 years that I've had them, but I suppose being a little uncomfortable is better than being out of commission for 6+ weeks.

abbc77ecc16c03e3db5548454560c2ef.jpg


Wear real boots to avoid needing to wear the one in the back lol

I am on the lookout now for something like those Sidi Adventures, keep us updated on your new kicks
 
Back
Top