Booster Plug..... Anyone?

Ye gods. This is designed to improve the dilithium crystal integrity within the reflux valve by transmogrifying each crystal into the raw form. It creates less puff and takes less huff.

I think i need this to complement my radio frequency adjustment knob.
I'll get my coat shall I?
 
I've seen 'em advertised for the F800GT too. Some folks are convinced they're effective. I don't think you'll know for sure unless you try one. Some folks think O2 spoofers are good to have too. I tried one on my V7 Classic, a bike that actually needed some help. It had no effect.
 
My take on these item is that if the dealer hasnt heard of it, none of my riding buddies have used it to any effect, dyno shops dont know it, no race teams use it and its never been seen in a shop then it is probably garbage.

Exceptions being something like power commandet, EJK or similar which has demonstrated results.

I have used a few duds in my time.
 
I have seen discussions on this in several online forums, those that paid the money for it were evenly divided on it's performance enhancement.

Nope.
 
A bit more research has led me to the understanding that the efficacy of this unit may well depend on where the silver jobbie on the end is inserted.

JK
 
Cormanus_imp said:
A bit more research has led me to the understanding that the efficacy of this unit may well depend on where the silver jobbie on the end is inserted.

JK

Inserted where if you don't me asking?
 
I have a Booster Plug installed on my 2012 BMW R1200R. I installed to help mitigate low speed throttle twitchiness. It helped, but did not completely cure it. The product is poorly named. The name implies that it boosts something. It does not, what it does do is make the ECU think that the ambient air temp is cooler than it really is. That causes the ECU to enrich the fuel mixture. If my memory is correct, it only does that at low throttle openings. It supposed to help low speed throttle response and exhaust popping on deceleration. Most motorcycles use an open loop system emission system. The ECU only looks at ambient air temp and O2 sensor data at startup and low rpm. When the revs reach a certain point, the ECU relies on the fuel maps programed into it.

If you are looking for power increase, do not purchase this product.
 
Pauley_imp said:
Cormanus_imp said:
A bit more research has led me to the understanding that the efficacy of this unit may well depend on where the silver jobbie on the end is inserted.

JK

Inserted where if you don't me asking?
Inserted where if you don't me asking?
Pauley, I don't mind you asking, but I can't possibly say on a polite forum like this.
 
R478's black box with the adjustment knob is supposed to work by adding variable resistance to the circuit between the intake air temperature sensor and the ECU. Adding more resistance to the circuit fools the ECU into thinking the intake air temp is lower than it actually is so the ECU sends a signal to increase the amount of fuel to the engine. I wonder if there is actually anything functional in that black box!

The booster plug just relocates the air intake temperature sensor by taking the OEM sensor off line. Strap that sensor probe to the side of your fuel tank and if the air temp next to your tank is lower than the location of your OEM sensor than the ECU sends more fuel to the engine.

1ff91fa80de16793c4e5f1e5bf7fd24e.jpg

c4b2fa43051866d9e52a3347a6eb39d5.jpg

6f061502c94fa9bda43db87f3a7b3d86.jpg
 
Have a booster plug fitted by the previous owner. Want to try disabling to feel the difference. Now yeah, it's smooth, but the lower rpms - the higher is fuel consumption. Currently I'm averaging 36-39mpg, while on a racetrack(!) it was 45. Will fiddle with it tomorrow :D
 
Back
Top