Blue Ridge Parkway

LongRanger_imp

Road warrior
Thread starter
The BRP has nothing on Colorado. Oh, wait.

fd40cf7579375538f2acf832dec84654.jpg
 
Brilliant. The question now is: did they insert the sign in the BRP picture or erase it from the Mt Evans one?
 
Despite being English, I'd heard of the Blue Ridge Mountains (maybe from these guys?
:D ).
But then my Son went to live in Asheville and I got to drive on it.
What struck me were the views, with layer upon layer of various- hued blues of the hills stretching away into the distance. Spectacular and they are well-named.
I would have loved to have ridden that beautiful highway.
 
The BRP is my favorite place to ride and I am lucky living only 6 miles south of an entrance to it. My riding friends and I meet up 3 to 4 times a week at the BRP.
 
Ive ridden both, they do not look anything alike lol
 
Thread starter
I'd say the Mt Evans characterization is fake, certainly due to the topography, but also because motorcyclists are required to wear eye protection in Colorado (though we don't have a helmet law). The smiling dude in the photo doesn't have his goggles on.

I imagine some souvenir factory in China uses this stock photo for all of their orders. I'll bet there's a Black Hills, SD kitchen magnet featuring this same scene. Probably one for Laconia, too. But Daytona? I'm guessing not.
 
Back
Top