Black peg plates

Randy B

Road warrior
Thread starter
Ok I really didn't get any good pictures of the black peg plates installed on the bike, so here are a couple.....one of each side.

3766f204f41f38c2eb23465e57229124.jpg


74891cb9b74f712bff07259ade97de66.jpg
 
Looks great. That's the next thing I'm switching out on my bike. Are those the ones ACK had posted in the for sale section earlier?

For anyone else interested, these are now available stateside since the 2014 standard model is black. You can save some cash ordering from hondapartshouse versus ordering from Japan. I don't think they're in stock yet though.
 
Thread starter
I actually got them for a good deal (much less than they are going for from Honda), and yes they are the ones that ACK was selling.

If anyone is wanting to attempt this you will need to get a metric alan socket set and a set of snap ring pliers. The bolts that hols the plates on require the alan socket and the brake pedal is held on with a snap ring. Also it is easier to swap the foot pegs over with the plates on a bench (or the tailgate of a truck is said bench doesn't exist ;) ) than trying to do it on the bike. Also be aware that the rear master is bolted to the right side peg plate.
Oh....and don't loose the ball bearings from the rear foot pegs. That would suck to have your rear pegs flopping around on you.
 
Looks great Randy. Paint those rear pegs black and the whole assemblies virtually disappear
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
Looks great Randy. Paint those rear pegs black and the whole assemblies virtually disappear
Hmm.....Now there's a thought. I even have some black paint in the the garage.
 
I had them powder coated black on my FZ-1

 
Thread starter
POOF! Gone. ;)
 
Back
Top