Black is Beautiful!!

Black and Chrome were made for each other IMO

Couldn't live without that tank bag and air hawk 2 ;-)

Hope the brakes don't fail....that is about a 50 ft drop straight into the Ohio River.

 
black std .. Bike It mirrors .. Honda carrier .. in sommer will add Comet Road 1 and Moriwaki dual pipes :clap:

028eac5fc82c8f2a6a487d952dc86ebe.jpg~original
 
Charlie, is that the comet 1 with aero +40mm smoked screen? How did you get the proper pin striping?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
 
All these bikes look great ! I really like your tank protector metalmaven.

Anyone ever considered blacking out a few of the bolts ? I've been looking at the best strategy to do this ? Any ideas ? Don't mean to hijack the thread, seemed like a suitable place to post the question though.
 
6e4a9e556b3d086d8cd13b6ac7f7e6b8.jpg

d6f5d5a85785587b1cecf1cb3b1ba84f.jpg


Had the bike about 2 weeks now. Fenders, mirrors, headlight trim and brackets, and tail light bracket already blacked out. Still need to do the turn signals and swap the bar for the CB500 black bar. All the chrome has been coated with Plasti-Dip. I love the look and love the fact that I can go back to the chrome easily if I wish.
 
grayta_imp said:
I was just gonna leave 'em on, but this thread has me convinced: time to at least delete the reflectors!
So, I read your post and went back through the photos. I have to agree, it looks better without the reflectors. I remembered a thread on removing them and found it here: http://cb1100forum.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=1990&highlight=removing+reflectors

It seems there are a lot of people who feel the same. Still, I thought to myself, do I really want to remove something designed to add visibility/safety. I realized that I can't remember a single time when I've been driving in my car or riding on my motorcycle, during the day or at night, and have seen a motorcycle on the road which I noticed because of the reflectors. And I, being a rider, am probably much like most of you who tend to pay attention to just about every motorcycle on the road.

I went out to my garage just now and pulled them off. No heat gun, no blow dryer, no fishing line. Just fingertips at the edge and pull. A minimal amount of residue was left from the double sided tape but it came off easily and completely with a damp microfiber cloth. That was fun.

Edit: Strange formatting on this thread.
 
I had the same thought process, "when's the last time I noticed a bike because of a reflector?" The front two left via a blow dryer and fishing line yesterday. The back ones will be gone this week when my new plate bracket arrives.

And the little Comet 1 fairing is killing me. Reminds me of my old Nighthawk. I see my wallet $400 lighter in the future.
 
Hey I have parked there many times
 
Back
Top