Black Edition

Thread starter
cbsheep_imp said:
I think the mid is about 32mm higher than stock seat according to H&K website. However, I think the seat in Japan is lower?? On Japanese website, the seat height on the bike is 30.1 inch and USA version is 31.3. Am i wrong? so once you add that 32mm or 1.26 inch to the 30.1, it comes out to be 31.45 which feels just like stock seat in the USA.
Joola figured out:

Takashi was great. Quick responses and speaks english. According to the K&H website, the MID seat is +32mm over the stock seat (Japan) and the HI seat is +48mm.

Japanese stock seat is 775 mm
USA stock seat is 795mm

So compared to the USA stock seat, the MID is +12mm (31.77") and the HI is +28mm (32.4")

So far Ack-CB11 has ordered the MID seat and I've ordered the HI seat. Ride reports next month =)
 
Your work-in-progress Black Edition gets my nomination as the most awesome CB this side of the pond. I can't wait to see it with the black Comet fairing. (and new exhaust?) That bike is going to be turning a lot of heads!

My K&H high seat should arrive soon. Had to be just a little different, adding red piping to the slower Red Edition bike. I'm told it's good for an additional 6 HP.

9fd982369247992eff83b5b66a8e0573.jpg
 
Thread starter
Many Thanks
The red must be slowing them down a bit, mine came really fast.
Like the black is slowing down my fairing. Custom orders take time.
Takashi did just email me today and it's on it's way.
I'm in a holding pattern now on the exhaust, I need the center stand to do the front springs unless Pitbull can come up with a stand. I've hung a bike them from the ceiling before but would rather have a stand. If I don't hear from them soon, it's going on regardless. I want to post some pictures of the exhaust before the install. The quality seems on par with the Staintune slip-on.
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
cbsheep_imp said:
I think the mid is about 32mm higher than stock seat according to H&K website. However, I think the seat in Japan is lower?? On Japanese website, the seat height on the bike is 30.1 inch and USA version is 31.3. Am i wrong? so once you add that 32mm or 1.26 inch to the 30.1, it comes out to be 31.45 which feels just like stock seat in the USA.
Joola figured out:

Takashi was great. Quick responses and speaks english. According to the K&H website, the MID seat is +32mm over the stock seat (Japan) and the HI seat is +48mm.

Japanese stock seat is 775 mm
USA stock seat is 795mm

So compared to the USA stock seat, the MID is +12mm (31.77") and the HI is +28mm (32.4")

So far Ack-CB11 has ordered the MID seat and I've ordered the HI seat. Ride reports next month =)
Joola figured out:

Takashi was great. Quick responses and speaks english. According to the K&H website, the MID seat is +32mm over the stock seat (Japan) and the HI seat is +48mm.

Japanese stock seat is 775 mm
USA stock seat is 795mm

So compared to the USA stock seat, the MID is +12mm (31.77") and the HI is +28mm (32.4")

So far Ack-CB11 has ordered the MID seat and I've ordered the HI seat. Ride reports next month =)
Thanks! I guess my only choice is the low seat..im only 5'6. I think the high seat looks the best then the mid. Low seat makes it look like a cruiser.. not that anything wrong with a cruiser..just not my preference.
 
Ack-CB11, congrats on the best looking CB1100 I've seen yet. I have always preferred black motorcycles and your CB11 is one of the best . A lot of it has to do with the black frame. It makes the bike look more complete. What a look!

If yours is the first, mine will be the second because it will have a black sidecar attached and I must have black. I will probably paint a red one plain black because my sidecar is not speckled. I'm sure it will look good.

I might wait to see if the 2014's come in black (in the US), but yours looks so great, I may not be able to wait!
 
Buffalohead,

What sidecar are you going to use? I was thinking of attaching a car to my CB also. I currently have a Triumph T-100 with a sidecar from Claude Stanley. Thought about switching it to my CB.
 
Tripod_imp said:
Buffalohead,

What sidecar are you going to use? I was thinking of attaching a car to my CB also. I currently have a Triumph T-100 with a sidecar from Claude Stanley. Thought about switching it to my CB.
************************************************

I have a DMC (Dauntless) M72C sidecar that was previously married to a BMW. It has a modified fender so it doesn't look like a Harley fender. If I were to buy one now for the CB, I would buy the M72D. The DMC M72's are very high quality sidecars and for the most part, the only difference between the M72C and M72D is the fender. The M72 is a retro sidecar that will look great on a retro bike like the CB. Of course my CB will be black. The M72 wouldn't look good in red, IMHO.

My best friend is putting a Hannigan Classic sidecar on his CB1100 and it will be painted red and silver. It will look great but I prefer traditional style retro sidecars.
 
Thread starter
A sidecar Wow, that will be coolest, my dogs want me to get one.
I couldn't wait, I'm sure all 4 colors will be here sometime if sales are good enough to continue a US model. We should know next month?
Those sidecars are sweet.
DMC of Texas
 
Ack-CB11_imp said:
A sidecar Wow, that will be coolest, my dogs want me to get one.
I couldn't wait, I'm sure all 4 colors will be here sometime if sales are good enough to continue a US model. We should know next month?
Those sidecars are sweet.
DMC of Texas

************************************************

Hey Ack, dogs are the main reason for sidecars as far as I'm concerned! People are next. I sure do hope you are right about finding out next month about next year's models. I had no idea when to expect the announcement. Your comment is the first I have heard. I really hope sales are good enough for Honda to merit exporting all 4 colors, or at least black next year. I suppose August is the month when the next year's models are regularly announced. (?) If so, I'm glad to hear it. I don't want to get impatient and buy and paint a red one if I will know soon about the 2014's.
BTW, I do love my DMC sidecar. I can't wait to see it attached to a black CB1100.
 
Did you order that tank straight from Japan? I don't bet that's very cheap.

I'm going over there in a couple weeks but I don't think I'll be bringing anything back.
 
Expensive - but exclusivity isn't cheap. And what a difference the black tank and side covers make! Not only that, but I don't think the factory produced black models have the black engine treatment that US models have.

And have you priced replacement gas tanks for other bikes? You're probably looking at $500 and up from outfits like Bike Bandit that offer discounts off of list prices.
 
darmahman_imp said:
Today's exchange rate= $890 plus shipping
*************************************************

Thanks darmahman. $890 is a lot more than a good paint job.. Besides, my sidecar doesn't have the speckles anyway.

The black edition doesn't have the black engine, as noted previously. It also has all silver wheels as well with no black. The all silver wheels will match my sidecar wheel better so I can't have it both ways, I guess. You can check it out on the Total site.
 
Hi There!

so, have a look about my black edition!

Let me know if you have some questions about the modifications.

Kisses from Italy
 
fuak6976_imp said:
Hi There!

so, have a look about my black edition!

Let me know if you have some questions about the modifications.

Kisses from Italy
I like the mirrors. How are they? What are they?

Nice bike!
 
zachamo_imp said:
fuak6976_imp said:
Hi There!

so, have a look about my black edition!

Let me know if you have some questions about the modifications.

Kisses from Italy
I like the mirrors. How are they? What are they?

Nice bike!
I like the mirrors. How are they? What are they?

Nice bike!
Hi,
I found the mirrors and the fenders in Germany, in Louis.de
https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/-agila-mirror/10028440

https://www.louis.de/en/artikel/alu-fenders-honda/60154190

I hope help you.

Bye! :beerchug:
 
CB4ME_imp said:
Ack-CB11,

Absolutely beautiful. You are in rarified company - one of very, very few black CB1100s in the US. Maybe the only one.

Those shocks look great and I love the seat so much I ordered the same one. How long did it take to get yours?

Question Two: Is the black CB faster than the red one? :D
I saw a black cb1100 at the dealer in Springfield, OR on Saturday of this moth ( August 3 2011) It looks larger than the red bikes.
 
Back
Top