Black Deluxe in the US?

Liable_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Hello there all!

This is actually my first ever forum post here. See I'm currently looking for a cb1100, well a new motorcycle in general, was holding out for the 2016 triumphs, but so far I'm leaning toward finding a cheap CB1100 here in Houston.

Anyway, my question is. Did they ever make a black deluxe? How could I tell if it's a deluxe, is there an identifier on the VIN? I feel like all the deluxes were red. See the problem is, there are two dealers here listing CB1100s as deluxes and they are clearly black. One wants a way too much if it's a std, so I guess I just wanted to check here before I low ball them or look elsewhere.

Thanks in advance guys.

P.s. I've been riding for 5 year about and own a 79 cx500 (which might get sold this weekend :( ) and a 78 GL1000
 
:hello: Howdy and welcome to the forum.

All DLX's in the US are red and all are 2014's. There are lots of visual clues but if you see a silver motor and dual pipes it's a dlx.
 
Welcome!

Its been reported on here that a number of dealers are saying they have DLX's in stock but in reality they are either standards or EX's.
 
Good luck finding a DLX. Used would probably be your best bet.

If your dealer is listing a black CB as a DLX, he's either mistaken or crooked.
 
Well I blew that. I though the black '14s were called EX's.

So I guess its '14 standard--black
and '14DLX, red.
And the '13 red and I guess we call that a standard
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Well I blew that. I though the black '14s were called EX's.

So I guess its '14 standard--black
and '14DLX, red.
And the '13 red and I guess we call that a standard
We call that the right one - after all of my mods
 
Liable, it it's a DLX, positions 4-8 of the VIN will be SC658. If they're SC651 and it's black it's a 2014 standard; if red it's a 2013 standard. If they're SC655 it's a 2013 ABS model.

Position 10 of the VIN will give you the year. D means it's 2013; E says it's 2014. Anything else means it wasn't made for the US market.
 
Lord Popgun_imp said:
Well I blew that. I though the black '14s were called EX's.

So I guess its '14 standard--black
and '14DLX, red.
And the '13 red and I guess we call that a standard
13...red...?? :D

ec6c70358f9dffe62c7adbdf371c95b1.jpg


Not trying to confuse him.....really. :D
 
You could always do as RandyB has done buy a black tank ( Randy's is dark blue) off a black EX and some black side covers from Samurider if you had to have a black DLX.
 
Thread starter
Thanks for all the great responses. I'm not actually looking for a deluxe specifically, just a good deal. I'd totally settle for a used 2014 std and I dig the black look personally.

I was looking into it and they have it listed with ABS too. Looked at the pics and can definitely tell it doesn't have ABS.

I'm going to keep looking. Thanks everyone.
Here's a link, what do you guys think is a fair price?

http://www.texasusedbikes.com/2014-Honda-CB1100-DLX-Killeen-TX-76543/5598678
 
The dealer does not even know the difference between a Standard & Deluxe. :rofl:
 
link doesn't work for me.. either of them
 
Used my iPad and the link worked.

For sure its not a DLX
Might not hurt to ask if they priced the bike thinking it was a Deluxe version. If so, they should rethink their suggested price.

Good looking bike with low miles. The Yoshimura exhaust is nice (love mine).
 
hey it worked. yep 2014 std with a Yosh? Retail new is $ 10,300 and there's a $1000 rebate from Honda I believe. KBB suggested retail in excellent condition is $ 7130 when purchasing from a dealer
 
Thread starter
Back
Top