Bikes I would like to have back.

I'd wish I could have 2 bikes back that I owned in the 70's... My 1970 Kawasaki
H1 500 Triple, and my 1977 Yamaha DT250 Enduro. I've had many other bikes
since then but... for a lot of reasons they remain my favorites.
 
Thread starter
8f0cd4d9b82c3233e8a9528cfc6922e7.jpeg


Careful what you wish for!

Oddly enough, less than two weeks after I posted this I ran into an old friend. I had been to some track schools with him years ago, so I know that he is a great rider. He had just taken a test-ride on the Wasser Boxer, and was in love. As a result, he was selling a bike, one I never knew he had. It was a 996S, the same year and only a few numbers off the one I had previously owned. 11,000 miles, and the price was right with services up-to-date (the pricey 12000 mi. service done early), and a few nice extras like full Termi system, chip, stands, and so on. As he lives only about 5 miles from me, it was probably the closest 996S to me in the US! I could not help it! Wasn't that fortunate!
 
GSAviator_imp said:
8f0cd4d9b82c3233e8a9528cfc6922e7.jpeg


Careful what you wish for!

Oddly enough, less than two weeks after I posted this I ran into an old friend. I had been to some track schools with him years ago, so I know that he is a great rider. He had just taken a test-ride on the Wasser Boxer, and was in love. As a result, he was selling a bike, one I never knew he had. It was a 996S, the same year and only a few numbers off the one I had previously owned. 11,000 miles, and the price was right with services up-to-date (the pricey 12000 mi. service done early), and a few nice extras like full Termi system, chip, stands, and so on. As he lives only about 5 miles from me, it was probably the closest 996S to me in the US! I could not help it! Wasn't that fortunate!
This is a pic from your first time owning the 996? Or is it of your recent purchase of a 996?
 
Thread starter
buck80mph_imp said:
GSAviator_imp said:
8f0cd4d9b82c3233e8a9528cfc6922e7.jpeg


Careful what you wish for!

Oddly enough, less than two weeks after I posted this I ran into an old friend. I had been to some track schools with him years ago, so I know that he is a great rider. He had just taken a test-ride on the Wasser Boxer, and was in love. As a result, he was selling a bike, one I never knew he had. It was a 996S, the same year and only a few numbers off the one I had previously owned. 11,000 miles, and the price was right with services up-to-date (the pricey 12000 mi. service done early), and a few nice extras like full Termi system, chip, stands, and so on. As he lives only about 5 miles from me, it was probably the closest 996S to me in the US! I could not help it! Wasn't that fortunate!
This is a pic from your first time owning the 996? Or is it of your recent purchase of a 996?
That's the first one, picture taken just a few months after I bought it (probably late 1999). It had to be fairly new at the time, because I still did not have the Termi titanium cans and the DID chain installed. In fact, the more I examine the picture, the more I realize I had not put on many of the nice little upgrades. Plus, I do not look much like that anymore!

I need to get a current picture, but have not taken the time to get a good background for it. Soon. Maybe I'll go out and find a nice spot for pictures this afternoon.
 
Thread starter
28c5931ed9e80f3b3f4c974590f0a9aa.jpg


OK, here's the new one -- looks about the same as the first one, no? It has some nicer goodies on it, however.
 
Had to sell my '02 919 when I moved from TX to Okinawa in 2004. Silly Japanese govt wouldn't let me import my Japanese bike to Japan unless I spent about $3500-$5000 to get the brakes and emissions checked in mainland Japan. Shouldn't be difficult to find another. I'd love to find a clean '05 or '06 and swap the painted bits out with the 2002 asphalt parts.
 
I'd take back (even offer to pay good $$$) for any of these. If I had to pick one... It would be the Kawasaki H1... without the fairing. Lol....










Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Wonder whatever happened to GSAviator. He was the second member of this forum. I'm betting he no longer has his CB 1100. I could be wrong but he seemed to have a taste for the exotic..BMWs and Ducatis.
 
Blimey, geosar. Does that mean:

(a) that you have a HUGE collection of bikes; or

(b) you haven't owned many; or

© you're careless and have mislaid lots?
 
I wouldn't mind having my old 1963 C110 back, my 76 GT550, and perhaps even my 1950s Tohatsu CA2R, the first motorcycle I ever got.
 
I would love to have my BMW R75/5 again. Still regret selling it after all these years. Pam still pines for her KZ650, her first street bike. Also would like to have my Honda SL350 again, a bike used for commuting and trail riding.
 
Bikes I would "like" to have back... I got back.

I recently GOT BACK the bike I love most; the VFR800 Interceptor (5th generation).

Back story:
In 1992 I bought my first "sport/touring" bike, a VFR750 (black). I loved that bike, and swore I would never sell it... that is... until a super deal on a 2001 (red) VFR800Fi dropped into my lap and I HAD TO upgrade the VFR750 to the VFR800. While I though the VFR750 was the bike to end all bikes... the VFR800 was light years ahead of the ol' VFR750.

Fast forward to 2010; I bought my ST1300 and at the time thought the VFRF800 was redundant, so I sold my VFR800 (red)... little did I know...

Fast forward again to 2014; Well, the error of my ways got the best of me and I longed for the gear driven cam and Staintune pipe sound of my VFR800, so I went on craigslist and found a 2000 VFR800Fi (yellow) for sale and knew I had to have it.

One never really forgets their first (sport/touring) love, I'm home again, on the most amazing (IMHO) motorcycle ever built, the Honda VFR.

http://home.ix.netcom.com/~tinkler/VFR.html



 
Back
Top