Bikes I would like to have back.

GSAviator_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
Here is the first one, June, 1969 at Grand Forks AFB, ND. I must not have yet logged 100 mi., as the ground beneath seems to be dry and the header pipes are silver!

898c784a2462a7f13eb392a7081f7300.jpeg


Apologies for the starburst filter.
Still locally-owned, but not by me, alas!

8d2e48a5c6f138f743ee2367a0177ea9.jpeg
 
The only one I want back is my 1977 Suzuki GS550. This is the only picture of one I could find stock. Mine was black with blue and gold pinstripes.

[attachment=120]
 
oldyaler_imp said:
The only one I want back is my 1977 Suzuki GS550. This is the only picture of one I could find stock. Mine was black with blue and gold pinstripes.

[attachment=120]
Glorious. Now why did those functional, quick, and useful bikes like that go away.? They have the template, I want more real standards.
 
Lunatic Fringe_imp said:
oldyaler_imp said:
The only one I want back is my 1977 Suzuki GS550. This is the only picture of one I could find stock. Mine was black with blue and gold pinstripes.

[attachment=120]
Glorious. Now why did those functional, quick, and useful bikes like that go away.? They have the template, I want more real standards.
Glorious. Now why did those functional, quick, and useful bikes like that go away.? They have the template, I want more real standards. There are a few of us here the want the same thing. I would love to see a modern day GS from Suzuki, an XS model from Yamaha, and a KZ type from Kawasaki.
 
I count those late 60's Triumphs to be amongst the most beautiful bikes ever produced (to my eyes at least). Triumph did a good job of re-creating the look of the original Bonnevilles but the new Bonne's look much heavier than they actually are and I would have loved to see them find a way to keep the exhausts straight, without the kink before the muffler. Regardless, both examples look stellar in that orange and silver paint combination.
 
I would like to have a Yamaha RD350 , a Münch Mammoth and a Vincent black shadow back , though it was only the RD350 i ever had among the three..:D
 
Thread starter
Bonafide_imp said:
There's actually two bikes I wish I had back ... the CB more than the Duc.
14b9fe3dcda83e3e892219d5deaa2503.jpg
Those two are some seriously great-looking bikes! I never had either, and I want them both back anyway!
 
wildezt_imp said:
I would like to have a Yamaha RD350 , a Münch Mammoth and a Vincent black shadow back , though it was only the RD350 i ever had among the three..:D
LOL. If I listed all the bikes I owned "mentally" I'd run out of room here. :D
 
oldyaler_imp said:
wildezt_imp said:
I would like to have a Yamaha RD350 , a Münch Mammoth and a Vincent black shadow back , though it was only the RD350 i ever had among the three..:D
LOL. If I listed all the bikes I owned "mentally" I'd run out of room here. :D
LOL. If I listed all the bikes I owned "mentally" I'd run out of room here. :D
He he, true it is Yaler ! True it is :)
 
I've owned a bunch; almost all bought brand new. And if I knew that some of them would've turned out to be desirable ( and expensive!) classics now I would have held on to them, too...:rolleyes:

Honestly though if I could have just one of them back, it would be my '73 Suzuki GT550. Nothing really special on paper, but it ticked every box for me, and my fondest motorcycle memories of all are centered around this bike. Excuse my skinny butt in the background, this is the only pic I have:

a6683c25df6b7d496c214c6a6350922a.jpg


Pete C
 
petec_imp said:
I've owned a bunch; almost all bought brand new. And if I knew that some of them would've turned out to be desirable ( and expensive!) classics now I would have held on to them, too...:rolleyes:

Honestly though if I could have just one of them back, it would be my '73 Suzuki GT550. Nothing really special on paper, but it ticked every box for me, and my fondest motorcycle memories of all are centered around this bike. Excuse my skinny butt in the background, this is the only pic I have:

a6683c25df6b7d496c214c6a6350922a.jpg


Pete C
Nice. I've never seen one that color before.
 
I had a 76 GL1000 with all the Vetter stuff and Lester mags. Great bike but only got 30 mpg. The bike I kept the longest was my 1100 Shadow ACE a 98 model. What a paintshaker. Most trouble free bike ever though. Tires batteries and plugs was about it exept for the pieces that vibrated loose and got left in the road. And I used to kid the Harley riders
 
I too miss a my old Shadow. 2008 Model, 750cc. In red and white. My God she was a pretty bike. If I had to have any of them back, she'd be the one. Or my old CB750 Four. Both were great.

bccf9a97a12694ffc053f8f8b6787ad7.jpg


d4164d8ac6ed36260cade6e107bd71ee.jpg
 
mrhonda1987_imp said:
I too miss a my old Shadow. 2008 Model, 750cc. In red and white. My God she was a pretty bike. If I had to have any of them back, she'd be the one. Or my old CB750 Four. Both were great.

bccf9a97a12694ffc053f8f8b6787ad7.jpg


d4164d8ac6ed36260cade6e107bd71ee.jpg
Wow mrhonda1987! I can't blame you, love the CB750 Four!! My heart races every time I see that bike. Will get one before I die... Beautiful!
 
Back
Top