Bike & Tattoo Show 2014

I guess I'm getting old, because I just can't get used to women with lots of tattoos. I don't mean the small "Place Thumbs Here" type of tats, but the ones that cover serious skin area.

I was in a restaurant the other day with the kid, and there was this very good-looking young couple with their 3-4 y/o son. They looked like a BMW ad...Polo shirts, slim and trim...tanned. Then the woman gets up and her entire left side was covered with multi-colored tats. Neck, arm, leg. I can only wonder how that's going to look when she's 40 something.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I guess I'm getting old, because I just can't get used to women with lots of tattoos. I don't mean the small "Place Thumbs Here" type of tats, but the ones that cover serious skin area.

I was in a restaurant the other day with the kid, and there was this very good-looking young couple with their 3-4 y/o son. They looked like a BMW ad...Polo shirts, slim and trim...tanned. Then the woman gets up and her entire left side was covered with multi-colored tats. Neck, arm, leg. I can only wonder how that's going to look when she's 40 something.
+1, A trip to "Wally World" is the best place to view the whole venue of tattoo art. The Wal-Martians are always well tatted.
 
Sometimes when I see a beautiful young lady full of ink, I think what a shame. Then I realize it's just todays style. A generational thing. The same thing was said to me when I was a young hippy by older women, " you'd be such a nice looking young man if you didn't have all that long hair". Of course my problem took care of itself, it eventually all fell out. :(

Doubt the tats are going to fall off eventually.
 
The Spaceman_imp said:
I guess I'm getting old, because I just can't get used to women with lots of tattoos. I don't mean the small "Place Thumbs Here" type of tats, but the ones that cover serious skin area.

I was in a restaurant the other day with the kid, and there was this very good-looking young couple with their 3-4 y/o son. They looked like a BMW ad...Polo shirts, slim and trim...tanned. Then the woman gets up and her entire left side was covered with multi-colored tats. Neck, arm, leg. I can only wonder how that's going to look when she's 40 something.
I bet you find chart music annoying too eh grandad? :rolleyes:
 
What the heck is chart music?
 
The ferret_imp said:
What the heck is chart music?
I think you guys call it 'Billboard Charts'..

Basically it's samey crap with terrible lyrics, no musical originality and a monotonous repetitive beat.

Shiiiiiit.. I fell I to the trap I laid for Spaceman! :blush:
 
Sorry. I need to ask him what a " place thumbs here" type of tattoo is.

I learn a lot here, everyday.
 
Thread starter
It all depends on the tattoo. Having worked in a hopsital for six years I have seen my fair share of regrets on some people who wish they never had it done. Than again, I have also seen some exceptionally beautiful tattoos that, even at 70ish something, still looked fantastic.

Personally, I cannot help but love them depending on how well they are done. Getting a tattoo is like buying a bike... you get what you pay for! :thumbsup:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Sorry. I need to ask him what a " place thumbs here" type of tattoo is.

I learn a lot here, everyday.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...


But they also say, getting banned from the CB1100 forum for posting one is bad juju.

Erm, think 'canine' and 'style', should do it.
 
Thread starter
Tortuga_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Sorry. I need to ask him what a " place thumbs here" type of tattoo is.

I learn a lot here, everyday.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...


But they also say, getting banned from the CB1100 forum for posting one is bad juju.

Erm, think 'canine' and 'style', should do it.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...


But they also say, getting banned from the CB1100 forum for posting one is bad juju.

Erm, think 'canine' and 'style', should do it.
:banana: + :heart: + :exclamation: = :clap:
 
BugSpatteredJacket_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Sorry. I need to ask him what a " place thumbs here" type of tattoo is.

I learn a lot here, everyday.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...


But they also say, getting banned from the CB1100 forum for posting one is bad juju.

Erm, think 'canine' and 'style', should do it.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...


But they also say, getting banned from the CB1100 forum for posting one is bad juju.

Erm, think 'canine' and 'style', should do it.
:banana: + :heart: + :exclamation: = :clap:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...


But they also say, getting banned from the CB1100 forum for posting one is bad juju.

Erm, think 'canine' and 'style', should do it.
:banana: + :heart: + :exclamation: = :clap:

Ahhh I got it..tramp stamp, right?
 
Thread starter
The ferret_imp said:
BugSpatteredJacket_imp said:
Tortuga_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
Sorry. I need to ask him what a " place thumbs here" type of tattoo is.

I learn a lot here, everyday.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...


But they also say, getting banned from the CB1100 forum for posting one is bad juju.

Erm, think 'canine' and 'style', should do it.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...


But they also say, getting banned from the CB1100 forum for posting one is bad juju.

Erm, think 'canine' and 'style', should do it.
:banana: + :heart: + :exclamation: = :clap:
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...


But they also say, getting banned from the CB1100 forum for posting one is bad juju.

Erm, think 'canine' and 'style', should do it.
:banana: + :heart: + :exclamation: = :clap:

Ahhh I got it..tramp stamp, right?
They say a picture is worth a thousand words...


But they also say, getting banned from the CB1100 forum for posting one is bad juju.

Erm, think 'canine' and 'style', should do it.
:banana: + :heart: + :exclamation: = :clap:

Ahhh I got it..tramp stamp, right?
:thumbsup:
 
The ferret_imp said:
Sometimes when I see a beautiful young lady full of ink, I think what a shame. Then I realize it's just todays style. A generational thing. The same thing was said to me when I was a young hippy by older women, " you'd be such a nice looking young man if you didn't have all that long hair". Of course my problem took care of itself, it eventually all fell out. :(

Doubt the tats are going to fall off eventually.
Oh hell, that deserves the Line of the Day award. :rofl: More than one member relates to it, guaranteed.

Cheers
 
Tortuga_imp said:
The ferret_imp said:
What the heck is chart music?
I think you guys call it 'Billboard Charts'..

Basically it's samey crap with terrible lyrics, no musical originality and a monotonous repetitive beat.

Shiiiiiit.. I fell I to the trap I laid for Spaceman! :blush:
I think you guys call it 'Billboard Charts'..

Basically it's samey crap with terrible lyrics, no musical originality and a monotonous repetitive beat.

Shiiiiiit.. I fell I to the trap I laid for Spaceman! :blush:
In the US we call that: "Country Western."
 
Billy Connolly had a great line about just what it was that he put back into Country and Western, but I'm not allowed to repeat it here. :)

Who was it who, when asked what kind of music he liked, said "I like both kinds: country and western."
 
Cormanus_imp said:
Billy Connolly had a great line about just what it was that he put back into Country and Western, but I'm not allowed to repeat it here. :)

Who was it who, when asked what kind of music he liked, said "I like both kinds: country and western."
Billy Connolly?
 
Back
Top