Bike stolen from my parking garage

kDiqq_imp

Running like a top
Thread starter
Let me preface by saying it was not my CB. My neighbors 2009 ZX-6R was swiped IN THE MIDDLE OF THE DAY yesterday. Got some video. Way too close for comfort.. Despise lowlifes who steal. These guys had scoped the place out. This was in Midtown, Houston, TX.

I'm thankful that I am moving in a month. These guys walked past my CB1100 and a 2013 BMW S1000RR to get to her Ninja. I doubt this thing is going to stay in one piece.
 
That sucks. I hope they find those guys.

But, tell me this: how did they get it out. Maybe I missed something, but it looked like they couldn't get the gate open.
 
I hate thieves. Hope they catch them, your friend gets the bike back, and the thieves go to jail.
 
I understand not stealing the CB, but the BMW. Go figure. Sorry for your friend, high risk having bikes in public places.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Well crap. I office in the Galleria area. Where in Midtown did this occur?
BTW, stupid question, any security devices used? Back in the day, I always wrapped my rear wheel with a Krypbar - can you even still buy those? I been thinking of getting one for my CB, just so my CB can't be easily rolled away . . .
 
Thread starter
Yeah she had a big braided steel cable going through the rear wheel to the railing behind her bike. They use shears to snip it. They ended up walking the bike down a hall, past apartments, and out a regular walk-in gate.
 
kDiqq_imp said:
Yeah she had a big braided steel cable going through the rear wheel to the railing behind her bike. They use shears to snip it. They ended up walking the bike down a hall, past apartments, and out a regular walk-in gate.
The correct appellation for these blokes is not allowed on the forum.
 
Steel cables, heavy chains, disk locks etc., even large dogs. All very good but they only keep it safe from amateurs. No huge demand for stolen CBs I would imagine. Not even broken up. Lucky us.

Cheers
 
I absolutely loath a thief!
I hope they are caught, do time, and the bike comes back in one piece.
Fortunately, bike theft isn't much of an issue around here, but I still do all I can to keep my P & J's safe.
 
Gentlemen,

Last night I went out to my workshop to procure tools to finish up a mod on my CB11 and when I opened my Snap-On tool chest it was empty of everything except junk tools. Every single Snap-On tool (over 200 items) is gone. Somebody got into my garage while I was in Vail last week and cleaned me out. I know I have spent over $5000 on Snap-On wrenches, sockets, and specialty tools over the years and it's probably gonna cost double that to replace them. I'm so bummed.

Chip
 
dang, that stinks Chip. Good tools are what makes working on things tolerable.
 
Thread starter
Hoping that's an April Fools joke. In case it's not, I send my condolences :( People who steal sit on the absolute lowest rung of society.
 
That sucks! Mine is in a gated parking lot near the medical center and I worry about this happening all the time too. So far me and the Ducati hypermotard I share a spot with have been ok.
 
My Kawasaki 500 H1 was taken on New Year's eve back in the day. ( I loved that bike) And in 1989 I think" my Yamaha 600 XT was taken. Only had it for about 4 months. The Cops ask me if I had the other key to the Yamaha !! Again, never found !! And they never give you what the bike is worth ! Ins. company's that is. Watch out.. I have found that the best way to keep your motorcycle your motorcycle is just to keep it out of sight. If at all possible. Parking garage's is where the( takers) hang-out !!! God Bless..




Jayimpalaman
 
I do carry a disc lock with me (it's one of the items that I keep tucked away under the CB1100's seat) and do make use of it once in a while. I'm not really convinced that it makes much of a difference, but what the heck.

When I was young and had landed my first good job, I purchased a very clean, low-mileage 1967 Camaro Convertible. I owned the car for 4 years. But I was living in Dallas, TX and auto theft there was out of control at the time. One morning I got up to go to work, only to find that my car was no longer there. I can still remember the feeling of disgust, but with little sense of shock or surprise. I had installed a well hidden kill switch in the car, but I imagine that the thieves had found a way to simply trailer it off. How ever idn't matter then, doesn't matter now — the end result was bad news. I still that car. The part that hurts the most now is just how much the car would have appreciated over the years.

Consider me to be amongst those who don't appreciate people that steal other peoples stuff.
 
ChipBeck_imp said:
Gentlemen,

Last night I went out to my workshop to procure tools to finish up a mod on my CB11 and when I opened my Snap-On tool chest it was empty of everything except junk tools. Every single Snap-On tool (over 200 items) is gone. Somebody got into my garage while I was in Vail last week and cleaned me out. I know I have spent over $5000 on Snap-On wrenches, sockets, and specialty tools over the years and it's probably gonna cost double that to replace them. I'm so bummed.

Chip
That really stinks, sorry to hear it. Is it possible that maybe homeowners insurance would cover that?
 
Back
Top