egleaves_imp
Running like a top
Thread starter
Camera system installed! I like the low profile cameras....I think they blend right into the bike. The image quality is pretty good, but beyond 20-25 mph the cameras quickly fall victim to a harmonic resonance that creates a very noticeable wavy effect. I'm playing with some different materials to use for vibration isolation.
Its not useful an action cam unless I can do something to dramatically dampen the harmonics, but that's not why I bought it. I view it as another piece of "just in case" gear that I hope to never use to it's full potential.
I mounted the front camera to the same stud the horns are mounted to. I removed the rear reflector and mounted the rear camera where the reflector was. Then, I remounted the reflector to my milk crate. I think I like the reflector better there anyway.
Front closeup:
Full front:
Rear closeup:
Full rear:
Videos of this morning's ride as I'm pulling into downtown Sacramento:
Front Camera
[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/28hpvne4csxmtwq/2018_0822_090046_170R.MP4?dl=0]Rear Camera
Its not useful an action cam unless I can do something to dramatically dampen the harmonics, but that's not why I bought it. I view it as another piece of "just in case" gear that I hope to never use to it's full potential.
I mounted the front camera to the same stud the horns are mounted to. I removed the rear reflector and mounted the rear camera where the reflector was. Then, I remounted the reflector to my milk crate. I think I like the reflector better there anyway.
Front closeup:
Full front:
Rear closeup:
Full rear:
Videos of this morning's ride as I'm pulling into downtown Sacramento:
Front Camera
[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/28hpvne4csxmtwq/2018_0822_090046_170R.MP4?dl=0]Rear Camera