Bike broke down!

Glad you got it figured out and fixed. As to the clutch in or out for starting, I always start any bike with the clutch pulled in. For me it is an ounce of prevention, dating waaaaay back to a time when the neutral light on a bike I was starting showed green, but in fact the bike was partially in gear ( it was not my bike mind you ). Anyway, when I hit the starter, the lurch forward startled the beejeeezus out of me. Fortunately, it did not lurch into anything, and I pulled the clutch in immediately. As I recall, false neutrals were a lot more common back then than they are now. Ever since then I have always started any bike with clutch pulled in.
 
We'd better still have simple, hardwired safety devices such as side stand / kill switches and a few others that can be diagnosed relatively easily by the average technician, good biker, skillful or accurate person.....
Today's technology can develop technologically advanced solutions that a lot of mechanics will not be able to deal with, understand or properly diagnose the problem...which means more parts replacement without solving the issue..
There are more "e-gadget" available than just IMU, as mentioned.

Let's enjoy the simplicity and reliability of our CB1100. Drive more, worry less, stay safe and healthy...
:biker:
 
I am pretty sure an IMU sensor won't help with the sidestand down on take-off.

Either use a switch or sensor switch, as it is now, or the olde school Honda "rubber toe" they used in the early 80's - which worked, but wore down for some.
 
Back
Top