Bike almost done...

nsrrider_imp

First service completed
Thread starter
This isn't the original plan I had for the bike but after getting it and riding it, I decided to keep it basically stock....with some custom touches. The bike came with the rear Ohlin's and Racetech Gold Valves in the forks. Since I've never ridden a stock bike I can't compare the handling of the bike compared to a stocker but I'm sure impressed how this portly bike handles. Love the torquey motor too. It's such a satisfying, elemental motorcycle. Some of the other mod's include a Yosh slip-on, fork brace, Dart screen, custom rear cowl, LED lighting and assorted bling.
 
Thread starter
misterprofessionality_imp said:
Ok...Considering you didn't mention it at all im gonna assume the wheels are just painted gold and not mag wheels....right?
correct
another shot
 
I don't like my stock tank- but on your bike- with your tail - it works great!!

My only big thoughts- to me- your muffler is too big- and those elongated brackets moving the headlight forward gotta go!!

Little thoughts- black front fender...and where are the blinkers?
 
I also like it in general, curious to know what kind of mod you did to the subframe, maybe you could elaborate on that a little, and thank you for giving me a chance to see what wheels in gold look like because I was thinking about doing it. The front od a bit odd though, I feel like the headlight sits a bit high, reminds me of the RE Himalayan like that. Could be just an optical illusion idk

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
I don't like my stock tank- but on your bike- with your tail - it works great!!

My only big thoughts- to me- your muffler is too big- and those elongated brackets moving the headlight forward gotta go!!

Little thoughts- black front fender...and where are the blinkers?
All good points.....the Rizoma signals are there.....I might remove the headlight brackets and either paint or powder coat them satin black.....the muffler...I hate to go smaller as that typically means louder....but I'm open to something different too. And really good point: the front fender needs to be black!
pdedse_imp said:
Lookin' Good!!! Where at in Central OR?
Prineville....
tod.branko_imp said:
I also like it in general, curious to know what kind of mod you did to the subframe, maybe you could elaborate on that a little, and thank you for giving me a chance to see what wheels in gold look like because I was thinking about doing it. The front od a bit odd though, I feel like the headlight sits a bit high, reminds me of the RE Himalayan like that. Could be just an optical illusion idk

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
No sub-frame mods.....I just removed (cut off) the back half of the rear fender and tail light assembly.
 
Outstanding, thanks for sharing that beaut with us!

Can you tell us about the rear cowl? Did you make it, or buy it?

I too like the look of the gold wheels. I feel like it needs a splash of gold somewhere else to ties it all together, but don't have any real suggestions. Nothing to hate about the way it is now for sure.
 
nsrrider_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
I don't like my stock tank- but on your bike- with your tail - it works great!!

My only big thoughts- to me- your muffler is too big- and those elongated brackets moving the headlight forward gotta go!!

Little thoughts- black front fender...and where are the blinkers?
All good points.....the Rizoma signals are there.....I might remove the headlight brackets and either paint or powder coat them satin black.....the muffler...I hate to go smaller as that typically means louder....but I'm open to something different too. And really good point: the front fender needs to be black!
pdedse_imp said:
Lookin' Good!!! Where at in Central OR?
Prineville....
tod.branko_imp said:
I also like it in general, curious to know what kind of mod you did to the subframe, maybe you could elaborate on that a little, and thank you for giving me a chance to see what wheels in gold look like because I was thinking about doing it. The front od a bit odd though, I feel like the headlight sits a bit high, reminds me of the RE Himalayan like that. Could be just an optical illusion idk

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
No sub-frame mods.....I just removed (cut off) the back half of the rear fender and tail light assembly.
Prineville....
That's funny, I just road through there on a trip out to Hart, Mt., eastern OR area on my KLR. I love the riding around your area.
 
Thread starter
Phadreus_imp said:
Outstanding, thanks for sharing that beaut with us!

Can you tell us about the rear cowl? Did you make it, or buy it?

I too like the look of the gold wheels. I feel like it needs a splash of gold somewhere else to ties it all together, but don't have any real suggestions. Nothing to hate about the way it is now for sure.
The rear cowl was a Honda OEM option for a VFR800 (used off EBAY). The two sides and rear of the cowl had to be deepened a couple of inches with fiber glass to cover the CB1100 seat, and the profile of the front had to be altered to fit the also fit the contour of the CB seat....a little filler and paint to finish.
pdedse_imp said:
nsrrider_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
I don't like my stock tank- but on your bike- with your tail - it works great!!

My only big thoughts- to me- your muffler is too big- and those elongated brackets moving the headlight forward gotta go!!

Little thoughts- black front fender...and where are the blinkers?
All good points.....the Rizoma signals are there.....I might remove the headlight brackets and either paint or powder coat them satin black.....the muffler...I hate to go smaller as that typically means louder....but I'm open to something different too. And really good point: the front fender needs to be black!
pdedse_imp said:
Lookin' Good!!! Where at in Central OR?
Prineville....
tod.branko_imp said:
I also like it in general, curious to know what kind of mod you did to the subframe, maybe you could elaborate on that a little, and thank you for giving me a chance to see what wheels in gold look like because I was thinking about doing it. The front od a bit odd though, I feel like the headlight sits a bit high, reminds me of the RE Himalayan like that. Could be just an optical illusion idk

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
No sub-frame mods.....I just removed (cut off) the back half of the rear fender and tail light assembly.
Prineville....
That's funny, I just road through there on a trip out to Hart, Mt., eastern OR area on my KLR. I love the riding around your area.
Prineville....
That's funny, I just road through there on a trip out to Hart, Mt., eastern OR area on my KLR. I love the riding around your area.
Yeah, we got some excellent dual sporting around here.....I've got a couple of DS bikes that I enjoy....
 
nsrrider_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
I don't like my stock tank- but on your bike- with your tail - it works great!!

My only big thoughts- to me- your muffler is too big- and those elongated brackets moving the headlight forward gotta go!!

Little thoughts- black front fender...and where are the blinkers?
All good points.....the Rizoma signals are there.....I might remove the headlight brackets and either paint or powder coat them satin black.....the muffler...I hate to go smaller as that typically means louder....but I'm open to something different too. And really good point: the front fender needs to be black!
pdedse_imp said:
Lookin' Good!!! Where at in Central OR?
Prineville....
tod.branko_imp said:
I also like it in general, curious to know what kind of mod you did to the subframe, maybe you could elaborate on that a little, and thank you for giving me a chance to see what wheels in gold look like because I was thinking about doing it. The front od a bit odd though, I feel like the headlight sits a bit high, reminds me of the RE Himalayan like that. Could be just an optical illusion idk

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
No sub-frame mods.....I just removed (cut off) the back half of the rear fender and tail light assembly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233939981145?hash=item3677e8d359:g:VAQAAOSwvtxgWXAL&LH_ItemCondition=4
 
Thread starter
PowerDubs_imp said:
nsrrider_imp said:
PowerDubs_imp said:
I don't like my stock tank- but on your bike- with your tail - it works great!!

My only big thoughts- to me- your muffler is too big- and those elongated brackets moving the headlight forward gotta go!!

Little thoughts- black front fender...and where are the blinkers?
All good points.....the Rizoma signals are there.....I might remove the headlight brackets and either paint or powder coat them satin black.....the muffler...I hate to go smaller as that typically means louder....but I'm open to something different too. And really good point: the front fender needs to be black!
pdedse_imp said:
Lookin' Good!!! Where at in Central OR?
Prineville....
tod.branko_imp said:
I also like it in general, curious to know what kind of mod you did to the subframe, maybe you could elaborate on that a little, and thank you for giving me a chance to see what wheels in gold look like because I was thinking about doing it. The front od a bit odd though, I feel like the headlight sits a bit high, reminds me of the RE Himalayan like that. Could be just an optical illusion idk

'14 CB1100 STD 5 speed
No sub-frame mods.....I just removed (cut off) the back half of the rear fender and tail light assembly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/233939981145?hash=item3677e8d359:g:VAQAAOSwvtxgWXAL&LH_ItemCondition=4
thanks for the link but that's a lot of money. I think I'll paint it black with the color matched striping.



https://www.ebay.com/itm/233939981145?hash=item3677e8d359:g:VAQAAOSwvtxgWXAL&LH_ItemCondition=4
 
The rear cowl was a Honda OEM option for a VFR800 (used off EBAY). The two sides and rear of the cowl had to be deepened a couple of inches with fiber glass to cover the CB1100 seat, and the profile of the front had to be altered to fit the also fit the contour of the CB seat....a little filler and paint to finish.

You did a beautiful job on that rear cowl - very professional looking. Actually, you did a beautiful job on the entire bike. Did you use a rattle can? What brand?
 
Back
Top