Best 88$ i ever spent

4845mike_imp said:
want to get rid of that boring exhaust sound on your stock CB and still maintain that classic look without putting on a modern slip on that doesnt even compliment the bike.Install a Voodoo reverse cone megaphone 17 inch shorty with no ecm or o2 changes and sounds like a thousand dollar exhaust.installed in less than two hrs. with very little modifications.One being the center stand stop.Made a stop on the left side with a bracket.Sound quality is much better than the Staintune and saved over 700$.Power difference? who cares, if i wanted a race bike i would have bought a race bike and put a number on the side.Its got the same power if not a few ponys more,but by far the best overall sound i have heard on anything under 500$.
PLease send some foto"s or video, i wanne order a Staintune but i will wait now
 
alexkrijnsen_imp said:
4845mike_imp said:
want to get rid of that boring exhaust sound on your stock CB and still maintain that classic look without putting on a modern slip on that doesnt even compliment the bike.Install a Voodoo reverse cone megaphone 17 inch shorty with no ecm or o2 changes and sounds like a thousand dollar exhaust.installed in less than two hrs. with very little modifications.One being the center stand stop.Made a stop on the left side with a bracket.Sound quality is much better than the Staintune and saved over 700$.Power difference? who cares, if i wanted a race bike i would have bought a race bike and put a number on the side.Its got the same power if not a few ponys more,but by far the best overall sound i have heard on anything under 500$.
PLease send some foto"s or video, i wanne order a Staintune but i will wait now
PLease send some foto"s or video, i wanne order a Staintune but i will wait now
If you looking for specifically his bike we all are waiting... but in the mean time someone has posted on the first page of this thread, a link to a video of the exhaust on a CB1100...


Talk about a post going haywire!
 
Thread starter
I have posted three videos of the voodoo shorty
The most recent was today and it's titled on YouTube
CB1100 voodoo shorty three
 
Thread starter
CB4ME_imp said:
found this link to his pipe.

Actually that is not mine but after I saw this video that's when I started searching for one and asking questions from the owner of that bike.I now have three short YouTube videos all can be found under cb1100 voodoo shorty by Michael Hall
 
CB4ME_imp said:
found this link to his pipe.

This is my bike---recognized the messy shop! and I really like the shorty reverse cone. Had the 8000 mile check-up done with this on and plugs were good
 
What did you use to make your bracket? Oops, never mind I see you explained it midway thru the tread. Thanks for the info, gonna purchase this exhaust pronto.
 
I just pulled the trigger on this low cost slip on, however I'm not sure how to order the correct link pipe or how to fabricate and install a center stand stop bracket. I looked on You Tube for a "How To" video and could not find anything there. For those in the know, please enlighten. TIA.
 
You don't need a center stop bracket for a slip on. They goes on your headers.


Never mind. I'm probably wrong.

That's there it went on my yoshi Exhaust
 
Buffalohead_imp said:
I know a lot of people think this exhaust sound is boring but it's one of my favorite features of the bike.
I was out riding early this morning, thinking the same thing. The bike is near perfect as is...........for me.
 
0011bc, a CS stop bracket is necessary because its welded to the OEM muffler on a stock bike, and most aftermarket "slip on" replacements don't have this bracket. Nor does the EMGO shorty reverse cone muffler, or does it include a link pipe to go between the headers/cat collector and the muffler. So, you have get the proper link pipe separately that includes a welded on bracket for the stock CS stop.

Some CB1100s with EMGOs just omit the link pipe altogether, but then the muffler section looks rather odd on their bikes, and presumably their center stands must be removed as well; NOT the best solution by any means!

As far as the noise, I'm not one to flaunt my bikes with excessive noise, but the CB1100 is almost "Forest Lawn" quiet. When I open the throttle I want to be able to hear a bike at full song. However, at light throttle cruising speeds, with an unmuted muffler like the EMGO megaphone, the exhaust will sound more like a "proper" motorcycle should, instead of a virtual sewing machine.

Plus, there will be a significant weight savings and a bit more top end power - perhaps 1 or 2 HP - at the peak, and no gaudy "ninja" looking emblems on the side of the exhaust cannister to ruin the natural beauty of the bike.
 
You just dont want to hear your cooling fan when it kicks on
 
I just put this on as I was used to my shadow with shorty pipes. The sound is amazing and instillation strait forward. I did have to machine a bracket for the stand to rest. I have notice a pretty significant reduction in the torque though. As this is a nice up grade from my starter 750cc shadow bike I might be switching back to the stock exhaust to hit the mountains when the weather changes.
 
Back
Top